Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noah's Festival

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:59 am

I think we can have a festival RP of some sort.
Something mini to start, and build up from there.
What I meant before was:
If it's a group RP, how can we resolve it to get it going smoothly, since some people will take longer to post?

I welcome anyone to join any RP. What happens outside the forum stays outside, and everyone is an equal here as a Role Player.
If we have an outline for an RP, we can put it together here then start the topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male
Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 3:21 am

I'm down for a festival.
Some things to think about::
Who is sponsoring the Festival.
Why are they having a Festival [perhaps to celebrate the end of the Mana storm, and to honor those who did not survive it.]
Where is it going to happen?
When is it going to happen?
How are other people going to be made aware of it?
What sort of things are going to happen at it? [Maybe an IC tournament, one where killing is against the rules?]
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male
Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:08 am

The University should sponsor it.
Hosting in honor of those who didn't survive, along with it's end.
By Lake Everclear.
Made aware by telepathic message or carrier pigeons.
An IC tournament would be interesting, along with a ball afterwards.
Have the IC tournament resemble capture the flag. Instead of attacking the other, they have to find ways to get their opponent's flags. It could take place in the area with trees around the lake with stands floating in the sky, or something like that. This approach would help people with their attacks, defense, and tactics. It could start out with MP until all the barriers are broken away and then turn into Melee. At least two people per flag base.
Back to top Go down
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:33 am

Sounds good.
Definitely a good reason, and inclusion of the Global Event.
Fine with me.
Also fine with me.
A ball would be a nice way for characters to get to know one another ICly, good call.
Capture the Flag T1 sounds pretty awesome. -If you can get enough people that want to do that, that sounds awesome.

Maybe Bishop can cook us up something spectacular?
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:35 am

As for the ball, a place can be cleared for it, like outdoors.
If you're thinking indoors, we can set it at the Eden Estate.
It has a Ballroom in there, aswell as a walk-in closet.
You can dress up. o_o
But since each place is so far from each other, if the Eden Estate is decided which it might not be necessarily, some sort of portal can be used?
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:36 am

Capture the Flag

Two v Two

--One stays by the flag and protects it by any means necessary.

Ex: Set trigger runes around the perimeter of the flag, granting him/her the ability to leave the flag physically unguarded to set traps for the opponent or fight them, leaving the location of the flag hidden. Stay with the flag and use barrier runes, allowing pretty much face-to-face battle and leaving the flag in sight.

--One goes out in search for the other flag.

Ex: He/she can use different search techniques, like following mana trails to the flag or he/she can just search it out on foot with a blind eye. However, he/she may have to defend against traps and the sort. Then if the flag is protected by barriers, he/she must clear those away before claiming the flag. If the area no longer supports magic, then it results in Melee combat.

Last edited by Bishop on Fri May 02, 2008 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:39 am

The Eden Estate would be a great place for the ball. Have part of it indoors as well as outdoors.

For this event only, perhaps spread word on other boards to get the rush of activity. And if we do the Capture the Flag T1, we could have a team or two sponsor Aenied.
Back to top Go down
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:46 am

Bishop wrote:
The Eden Estate would be a great place for the ball. Have part of it indoors as well as outdoors.

For this event only, perhaps spread word on other boards to get the rush of activity. And if we do the Capture the Flag T1, we could have a team or two sponsor Aenied.

As long as they behave themselves. Most of the experience I've had with this sort of things, with boards representing that way haven't turned out well. >_x They've tended to result in bitch fits and ego bouts. Yucky!
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:50 am

Then we can be selective with who we invite?

I understand that we don't want a bitch fit or ego bout.

Hm. We might have enough people to keep it entertaining as it is.
Back to top Go down
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:55 am

Truth, regardless this is a 'tite' alternative to us just having another 'regular' tournament. Good call with that capture the flag stuff, man.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:57 am

Thanks you.

I'm working on finishing the rules and the layout.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:38 am

Capture the Flag

Two v Two

--One stays by the flag and protects it by any means necessary.
Ex: Set trigger runes around the perimeter of the flag, granting him/her the ability to leave the flag physically unguarded to set traps for the opponent or fight them, leaving the location of the flag hidden. Stay with the flag and use barrier runes, allowing pretty much face-to-face battle and leaving the flag in sight.

--One goes out in search for the other flag.
Ex: He/she can use different search techniques, like following mana trails to the flag or he/she can just search it out on foot with a blind eye. However, he/she may have to defend against traps and the sort. Then if the flag is protected by barriers, he/she must clear those away before claiming the flag. If the area no longer supports magic, then it results in Melee combat.

Restrictions:
--Keep everything limited to the corporeal realm. (That means no hiding the flags in a sub-realm or pocket realm.)
--Don’t blow up everything in sight. (If this occurs, opponent wins by default and the loser will have to repair the damage.)
--There will be no making clones, or summoning others, in order to defend or find the flag. (This means a player is limited to his/her character alone. If this is overlooked, clones and summoned help will become part of the landscape, or left to be controlled by the opponent. Take your pick.)
--The person guarding the flag may not leave to help find it. However, the person looking for the flag can retreat back in order to help protect it. If this occurs, then they must switch places after the first defensive maneuver. That means, the guard becomes the seeker and the seeker becomes the guard.)
--No double-teaming against an opponent, just his/her attack.

Layout for Hiding the Flags: Northern Hemisphere.
--Wooded area (Closest to Lake Everclear)
--Mountain area (A bit west of the trees)

Allowed:
--Enchantments to make the flag blend in with the envirnoment.
--Trap spells/runes
--Innates
--Shields with limited duration. (May not last more than two attacks)
--Two normal weapons. (No added abilities)
--Mana tracking
--Mana spread (covering up tracks)

To be added on.

Last edited by Bishop on Fri May 02, 2008 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Unknown

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:17 am

Looks pretty hot man
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Detailed Rules:
--Each team will consist of one Guard and one Seeker
--Seekers may not attack other Seekers, unless a Guard is present.
--Guards may not attack other Guards, unless a Seeker is present.
--The Seeker, plain to put, goes in search of the opponent’s flag and deals with whatever may come his/her way.
--The Guard has a choice to either stay with the flag or rush to meet the opponent’s Seeker.

A: Staying with the flag
--Guard can leave various hints/clues to lure the opponent’s Seeker to his/her flag. (That way, finding the flag area is plausible and it’ll give the Guard something to do while he/she waits.)
--These clues can be a number of things that allow the opposing Seeker to follow them or their guts. (Ex: Seeker comes to a tree with an arrow point right. The Seeker can either give into the hint and go right in hopes of being lead to the flag, or go against the directional hint and follow his/her instincts.)
--When opposing Seeker makes his/her way to the flag area’s perimeter, Guard has to wait until an advance is made. (That means not going ‘Gun-ho’ at the first sight of the Seeker.)
--Once the opposing Seeker makes an advance, or prep, Guard has every right to respond. T1 MP or T1 Melee initiated. (Depends on the fighters, but more than likely, it’ll start off as MP and die down to Melee combat.)
--If Guard is defeated, game over.

B: Leaving the flag to meet the opposing Seeker.
--Recommended to have the flag hidden, before going out and searching for the Seeker.
--Once Guard meets Seeker, T1 MP or T1 Melee initiated after the Seeker makes an advance.
--If Guard loses to the Seeker, he/she must tell where the flag is. (Good way around this, is to call for a switch of roles. Read further.)

In either scenario:
--If Guard defeats the Seeker, the Seeker must retreat and switch places with his/her Guard.
--Seeker has to make the advance before the Guard can respond.

Guide to Switching Roles:
--If a Guard leaves the flag station in order to combat the opposing Seeker and finds him/herself losing, he/she can call to switch roles with his/her own Seeker. When and if, this occurs the T1 match is immediately paused (due to the rule that a Seeker may not attack another Seeker without a Guard present.) (Note: Telepathy will be accepted for this.)
--The former Seeker must retreat back to his/her own flag and leave the former Guard to advance onto the opponent’s territory as the new Seeker.
--Downside to this, the opposing Seeker can follow the new Guard to the location of the flag.

More to come.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:11 am

I think we could really set this into action, espicially since it ties in our event and RP.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:12 am

I do as well.

We just need to find some sort of merger point.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:44 am

We have the place for the ball.
The place to hold the event.
We just need the events written out, and people who'll participate.
I'm hoping people will be willing. Some people prefer to be in just one RP, and since some of us are already in an RP, that could make the people who join this idea rather scarce.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:46 am

That is true.

We could wait until things calm down in everyone's posts. That way, those who would like to participate in the festival could do so, and those who don't could formally decline.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:58 am

But things hardly calm down in RPs.
They're constantly going.
I think we could set this up real well if we can get everyone to agree to try to RP on two topics.
Plus, the ball and stuff would only be temporary. A bit of attention on that, and soon enough, they can focus totally back onto their original RP.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:59 am

Very true.

Maybe it will work
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 4:02 am

If we have everything set up, we can start telling the others. Maybe set up a poll. Fix up any loopholes, and set it into action.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 4:02 am

*Nods*

I need to finish the Capture the Flag rules.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 4:09 am

-= Nod =-
I'll look around to see if I can get as many people I can to join in.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
Bishop

Male

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 4:13 am

That sounds like a plan
Back to top Go down
to_be_lovedx
Admin
Admin
to_be_lovedx

Female
Number of posts : 39

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:53 am

Did the Noah's Festival already happen, or is it still in play? >> -Hopes it's still being worked on, would like to join this rp.- ><; Gaah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Noah's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Festival   Noah's Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noah's Festival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nexus :: Roleplay Related-
Jump to: