Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mismatched Pair

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Blue
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:08 pm

The soft rays of the sun pouring in through the cracks of the curtain announced the dawn, dew drops causing the outside world to sparkle, only a small reminder of the storm the previous night. Blue watched as the rays traveled across the floor of their bedroom, still situated on top of Van who appeared peacefully asleep. His shivering had died down. That was reassuring. She had remained awake for the rest of the evening, monitoring his condition and taking steps to keep him warm. She would slowly remove herself from on top of him, tucking the covers in around him. He was recovering. Blue moved to sit at the bedside, leaning down to pick up her clothes as she slid on her shorts and then put on her shirt. She would leave Van a note, saying that she had gone out and she would return. That he need not worry about her and should just focus on recovering. She left the note on the nightstand beside the bed and then departed, tucking her hands into the pocket of her shirts as she walked out into the glittering world the storm had left behind.

And as she would emerge onto different routes, it stir to Blue's instincts that she was being watched. A bird would soar over her shoulder and glide across the distance before it flapped to stop at its destination, the extended hand of a familiar man. Hictor grinned beneath his robe. "I big you Good Morning." He spoke amusing as he emerged from behind a caravan.

Blue's eyes were drawn to the bird that soared over her shoulders, following it to the outstretched hand it perched upon. Recognition crossed the woman's face as she saw Hictor and immediately turned to approach him. "Hictor. What are you doing here?" She knew Hictor by now to know he did not present himself unless there was an important matter he wanted to discuss with her. So his presence meant he had something to tell her. "Is something wrong?"

"I would certainly would've been pleased to tell you anything of great importance, though unfortunatly, they saw it fit that I would be given a more humble task." he said, emphasizing his next speech with his index finger. "Persuade you to return to the leaders, supposedly."

Blue quirked a brow. She had all but forgotten the prospect after last night's ordeal. "Yes, I've heard that they would like me to return." She stated, crossing her arms beneath her chest. "Crow told me that message but unfortunately, he met quite a bitter end afterwards. What makes The Leaders desire my return now?" She asked. A part of her did desire to return to being under The Leader's wing. But what of Van? She had grown to like him. Who was she suppose to please in this situation? The Leaders or Van?

"I was asked by Cid. He - in particular wanted to see you." His brows raised.

The name caught Blue's attention as she stared at Hictor. "Cid...?" Blue looked away, contemplating quietly. "Okay. I'll go see the Elder and see what he wants of me." She submitted. "Thank you for the message, Hictor." Blue said, dismissing the man as she turned to walk away. If Hictor ever recalled, this would be the first time she would ever thank him for any information, advise, or message he had ever given her. Blue had learned from Van, especially after his many outbursts about her lack of manners. Blue would see the Elder. But whether or not she would return to their allegiance was yet to be seen. She had told Van she would return. And she would, even if she ended up once more being affiliated with The Leaders.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Blue's footsteps resonated along the narrow hallway, the sound bouncing off the walls and announcing her approaching presence as she traveled into the lower levels of the corporate building, into the section underground which the public was oblivious to. She reached a door and gained entry to the chamber inside, stepping through and allowing the door to slide shut behind her with a sigh. The young woman laid eyes upon the Elder that had summoned her, approaching him until she was at a comfortable distance as she looked to him. She did not speak but waited to be acknowledged, lowering to one knee in respect and keeping her eyes directed at his feet, another sign of subordination. They both knew why she was here and so she waited for him to enlighten her of The Leader's desires.

"Ahhhh..My child." resonated the words from the seemingly sageful figure as inclined in his seated posture on the floor. For a man of Cid's age, his features defied all the chronological analysis and numbers that were conceived. Mayhaps gray, as the color of his hair being the only sigh - though some suggest he was born with it. He was a green eyed man who looked to be in his late 40's, with a body that was both lean and somewhat athletic. Hooded and with a bear protruding to his chest, he lifted his face and offered blue a smile. "I bid you welcome."

Blue rose her eyes then to fixate her gaze upon his visage but still avoided direct eye-contact. "Thank you, Elder. I've heard that you have summoned me." She stated. "What is that The Leader's desire of me, aside from my re-established subordination to them?" She inquired, getting straight to the point. She did not question him on why they had tried to eliminate her or tried to explain her current situation about the new life she had obtained with the most unlikely man that could determine her choice on whether or not she would return. She knew they knew of Van.

"In all honesty, they've sent me to dissuade you. To show you the errors of your ways and to provide you with the reasons to disengage with the omen you linger with hand in hand.. Though first, I must clarify a few things." Cid took a stand, lifting a staff that he folded his hands over and pressed his wieght against. "As you know, Crow was murdered last night. Fortunately for us, Van did prove to be a convenience more then we could possibly hope. He was in control of this division during my absence, and hence, the rabbits whom he sent to chase you and Echo. He went against the council's wishes, claiming that you were not a neccessity. We intended to hand you the verdict."

Blue's eyes followed the man as he rose to his feet, while she remained kneeling before him. Her eyes narrowed as he announced that he was going to present to her her errors and to convince her to detach herself from an omen, possibly Van. She listened to what the Elder had to say and quirked a brow at the confession. Crow had been the one who had tried to eliminate her? "I see." Was her simple reply. She had sensed in the past that Crow had an animosity toward her, perhaps a rivalry but she had not paid much mind to it. If this was all true, then The Leaders themselves had not betrayed her.

"One point made then." Cid announced, prodding the cobblestones beneath him with the staff as were people accustomed to his habits. "The Red Eyed Omen." he began, prodding again. "What can you tell me about this man? What have you come to acknowledge?"

Blue was silent for a moment as she was posed with the inquiry, collecting her information before revealing what she wanted to. "That his name is Van William Hienkel and he has gained the reputation of The Barbarian Prince due to his past. He wields a sentient sword by the name of Furiyen. He is also in pursuit of something in possession of The Leaders and is determined to retrieve it at all costs. As much as his title implies, he appears to be more of a man of peace than violence." She stated calmly.

"Ahh..Yes. That is the image he would like to promote to justify his ways." Cid nodded, scratching his chin. "You see, the strength of humanity lies within its Iron Will and the capacity that drives it to do ANYTHING to achieve its goal.Thus, they commit all forms of schemes to gain the powers and alliances needed. It is how they've elevated into politics more then any other race. And thus they excel in the arts of lies and deception, as history would suggest. And by befriending you, showing you new colors, he aims to crush your resolve and your allegiances in the sake of personal gain."

The young woman would listen as the Elder continued, her eyes narrowing at what he had to offer. "Crush my resolve and allegiances? But he never knew of my allegiance to The Leaders." She brought up. "At least, I don't see how he could have known unless such information was leaked out." She suggested. "Why would he do all of this? What is his personal gain in all of this?" She probed, desiring answers. Van had not known of her allegiance to The Leaders, had he? But if he had, would that mean he had been using her the whole time?

"Van is armed with the means to obtain a power and position reserved only for the Gods of Men, or so the metaphor would suggest. A title which his incompetence towards responsibility does not qualify for. He bases his actions on whims and his arrogance has taken the best of him to the point where he refuses to cooperate." Cid would turn over to the map of the world that he unveiled when he lowered the curtains. "And as such, we've recognized him as an issue. Though he was a hard man to hunt down - until now." Cid would then look over his shoulder, recollecting Blue's statement as it would seem that her issue still stood. "Tell me this. He knows that we retain the possession he seeks, he knew of Crow long before he had met him to the point where he had even attempted to hunt him down. Is it just POSSIBLE that he could have heard of Blue Little Riding Hood? He's come across her twice, as it would seem. Began at Bella, witnessed the attack on her and her previous companion. Conveniently found her at the forests? Displayed his hospitality to a stranger he supposedly does not know? "

Blue would narrow her eyes and frown as the Elder brought up the possibilities of Van knowing her identity as Little Blue Riding Hood. She lowered her eyes, mulling over the notion. She had found it odd that a complete stranger had been compassionate...especially toward her. But she eventually accepted it, had even welcomed such compassion and hospitality. She had wanted to... Had emotions clouded her judgment and logic? Blue's expression was strained as she contemplated over such things before closing her eyes momentarily and inhaling slowly. "Are you suggesting the Barbarian Prince has been using me this whole time for his own personal gain?"

"Those who profess in the art of gain retain a common policy." He said in a low voice above a whisper. "Keep your friends close, and your enemies - even closer."

The hand set on the floor curled into a fist as Blue stared down at it. She did not want to believe it but if what Elder Cid said was true, why would he deceive her? He had no motives, unlike Van. "It bi a silver feather, an old symbol fer trust. Think A bi entilted fer it?" "Yes..." She had been careless. Blue closed her eyes and with a deep intake of breath, gathered her equanimity and stared up at Elder Cid with a firm resolve. "Tell me what you want me to do." She demanded, cold eyes fixated on the image of her authority with a piercing gaze, awaiting his instructions. Damn you, Van Hienkel...

The shards of his tattered dreams had eventually led him to gasp awaken, head throbbing in heat like molten steel. He lifted his hand to his temple as blood grimly poured out of his eyes and fell to stain the bed, much like tears – only crimson – in the literal means. Waiting for him at the moment of his wake as always was Furiyen, his first companion and mysterious responsibility that he must fulfill. Whatever Van had seen in his slumber was clearly no mere dream, but something far more significant It would take moments for the disturbed Barbarian to realize that Blue had disappeared, his hand reaching out for something only to accidentally take hold of the note Blue left him on the table. Van lift a hand to blind his left eye, tiresomely as he read it. Yet – even so, Van felt rather suspicious. Not that he was being ungrateful for Blue’s care, but of her manners yesterday. Going out in last moon’s weather may have been the most far-fetched idea for any dweller to conceive of doing, at least, not Blue. His crimson eyes shifted before they fell over the appearance of soaked accessory, confirming his suspicion. Blue had seen him kill Crow at the time. He wondered if this had inflicted any ramifications.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:49 pm

"You will know soon." Cid concluded simply, turning over to face his reacquired assassin. Quietly, he sighed out in obvious relief, lifting his hand to rub the bottom of his chin before the earth quaked, almost rocking him out of balance if it weren't for his staff. His right brow arched. "Perhaps - sooner think we both thought." A compartment from the ceiling from reveal itself as a screen flickered into life, showing a sea of fire and smoke as clashes resonated before as fast as they ceased. "That is Hall Seven. He's already made it to the sacred vault..So the rumors are true." Cid stated, lifting a fist to his chin as he contemplated. "Consuming knowledge from those he killed . How inconvenient. Perhaps he had done us a service for a grand price." He blinked as he realized that Blue took her stand. "Intercept him."

Smoke screened across the large chambers as the remnants of black flame eat away the crumbled pieces of concrete like wood, though not enough to hinder any form of sight. With a gesture of his blade, the flames flickered out of existance and his eyes scanned the room, gazing across a series of murals before laying upon a stair case that spiraled around a pillar. The structure seemed to hold something of great importance, one that he could guess. To reserve a complex of this size for this - it had to be.

"I thought you told me it isn't nice to take that which is not yours." A female voice from behind warned Van. She had managed to come up from behind him undetected as he regarded the interior of the vault he was trying to invade and plunder. She could have tried to attack him with his back turned but she hadn't. If Van turned, he would be greeted with the sight of Blue standing only a few meters away from him as she regarded the man with solemn, obdurate eyes. Her hands remained situated at her sides as she waited for him to acknowledge her.

"Its neva nice ta keep thin's from those it belong tew, eitha'." Van replied, some moments later having silently registered her presence, though not the reason. Slowly he turned to face her, tilting his head as he beheld her quizzicly. "When ya noted ye'd bi goin out on a stroll, this wasn't wha' A had in mine. What're ye dewin'ere?"

"I should ask the same to you, considering I told you to stay in bed." Blue responded, slowly spreading her feet apart as she began to go into a stance. "Either or, I can not allow you to go any further. Defend yourself." She demanded, commencing the first strike as she suddenly rushed at him. With the momentum she had gathered, she brought a leg up and around to try to land a powerful kick at the hand that wielded Furiyen to knock the weapon aside. Whether or not this succeeded, she would follow up with a punch to his face, avoiding using any weapons as of yet.

Defend himself? Was she jesting? Van would merely blink as her stance, unable to register what Blue had intended. Instinctively, Van would side step, dumb founded by the events before the impact of the fist that sent him stumbling back, eventually finding himself at a kneeling position against Furiyen. The eye passively regarded Blue with a stare, showing no form of response even as its wielder shook his head and spat blood to the side. "A think we're way past misunderstandings." Van said, wiping his lip with his fist as he raised his visage to offer her a glare. "A donno what day've led ya ta believe - But A won't fight ya."

Blue would glare at him. "My orders are to intercept and eliminate. If you do not wish to die, Van Hienkel, you will rise and fight me." Blue announced before she came at him again, this time raising her foot to land a kick to his chest with enough force to knock him back into the vault room. She would castigate the Highlander for misleading her, as well as appease the wishes of her Elders.

Van would sound out a growl of frustration as he lifted the sword to his chest just in time to intercept with the kick, blocking its path, though the blow did take its effect. Van would instead find himself rolling backwards, before he adjusted himself to a stand. "Wad about ye'r wish?! Who are day ta decide?!" he reasoned, gesturing with a fist.

Blue would step forward, following him into the vault while he adjusted himself and took a stand. "They are my Elders. I listen to my Elders. You, on the other hand, are my enemy." Blue reached beneath her shirt to retrieve a dagger strapped to her body, the blade gleaming threateningly in the light as she held the hilt firmly. "I do as they command. If they want someone killed, I'll do it. If they want me to walk to the ends of the earth, I'll do it." The young woman stared at him with a devoid, forlorn gaze. "I am a weapon. That is my purpose." She said firmly before she lunged at him and tried to lodge her dagger into his side. He didn't care for her. Van never did.

Van cursed at the girl's stubbornness, seeing his reasons leaving her unaffected. Blue would be by far the most painful thorn he'd ever encounter, after Furiyen. Even now, literally. He clenched his teeth as he raised to a stand, facial features tightening as the blade pierced the flesh when Van refused to bulge, inflicting the wound Blue had hoped to - flawlessly. "Really now...?" Van said in a low voice above a whisper, hand instinctively taking hold of her shoulder, balancing himself to an eye level, even as blood began to ebb. "A thought ya neva trusted any'ane." Van winced at that moment. "Naw' until A came along."

Blue's eyes narrowed as she noticed he had not even attempted to dodge her attack. She glared at him while the blade made itself home in his side. She felt a sharp pain appear in her cranium as Van spoke to her. "Stand and fight me. If you do not, I will kill you." "I shall not, Fiona..." What was this memory? "This may be true but the Elders have already revealed to me that you've been using me for your own self, personal gain. You never cared for me. They may only treat me as a weapon but at least they don't lie to me." Blue began to twist the blade, positioning it in a way where she could prepare to drive it upward and cause internal damage.

Van's would suppress a yelp within the depths of his throat as the blade twisted within him, causing his legs to flinch beneath him but he refused to fall.Not here. "Neva cared fer ya..?" Van questioned, gasping lightly as he stubbornly struggled to maintain himself with the blade, suppression of resistance was evident. At that moment, an object would shimmer and dangle from Van's neck, suspended in the air beneath a meek smile. The silver feather Blue gave him. Their symbol of trust. "Dat mus' bi a bad joke. A'm not very gewd at caring about me self."

The woman faltered momentarily in her intentions as she saw the gift she had given him present itself at this moment. Immediately, her attempts at remaining detached from the situation severed and she felt inner turmoil ensue inside of her, causing a constriction in her chest. What was this? "You didn't care for me. You never did." "Then you really are blind. Everything I've done, every breath I've taken, was for you, Fiona..." "Lies!" She yelled, responding both to the voice in her head and to Van, her monotone voice faltering and she could feel her composure crumbling. What was this sensation? Pain?

Van could only stare softly as he beheld her in a condition he had never seen, nor completely understand. Was Blue in despair..? Van leaned in close. "Blew.." he regarded softly before something perked his senses. . .

"There is no hope for her. She's already uncovering too much. Kill them both." spoke a voice through the comm of the riflemen beyond the disfiguring screen of smoke. He would click a button in adjustment, lifting his sniper and adjusting his eye through the scope, gently hovering his index finger over the trigger. Van at the other side would take a painful step forward, taking hold of Blue’s shoulders before hurling her aside just as a piercing the atmosphere like a sonic bomb. Van fell, kneeling again, weight balanced against Furiyen. The sniper cursed, adjusting his angle to resume fire.

Van would grin softly as blood pooled from beneath him. “Blew..? Are ye alright? Ya din’ get shot, didja?” He regarded her, almost in the same manner she had did at a very similar event, save with diverse roles. In fact, this was the commoration. “Ye mad at me…? Did A – react tew quickly?” Another shot followed, bursting blood from his back. The impact the landed where the heart would reside. . .And Van fell, silently, grip loosening over Furiyen’s handle .

Blue's expression was strained as Van began to speak to her but he would never finish. She gasped as he gripped her and shoved her aside, grunting as she landed on the floor ungracefully and slowly pushed herself up onto her elbows. What had happened? Had that been a gun shot? Blue stared at Van, her eyes widening as she saw the pool of blood forming beneath him. Instead of enticing pleasure, the scent of it summoned a different emotion on the other side of the spectrum. Blue listened as Van spoke to her, confirming her suspicions that he had been shot before she watched in shock as he was shot again and fell. "Van!" Disregarding danger, Blue pushed herself back onto her feet and moved to approach the fallen man to check his condition. To check if he was alive as she was driven by impulses and emotions she was not familiar with but demanded obedience.

"Shit!" The rifleman cursed, noting the opportune moment when the girl moved over to check over the barbarian's prince. He reloaded his rifle, fixing the scope to adjust at level with her head. A clean shot had been offered to him as girl relentlessly tried to move the fallen man, whom merely swayed with but did not respond. He pulled the trigger, only to blink as he noted the target disappear from his scope. . . A trap door?
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Blue gasped as the ground was taken from beneath her feet and the sensation of falling ensued, consumed by darkness as she descended. She could only watch as the light from above began to disappear as she descended further into the abyss. Van... Soon, darkness reigned. Blue did not know when she finally came around after landing hard from the high fall, slowly stirring and opening her eyes as she became conscious. Where was she? The young woman slowly pushed herself onto her elbows, rubbing her head and scanning her proximity to become oriented with her surroundings.

"This - is where your life began." resonated a voice before the ceilings flickered with light as something clicked from the distance. Hictor? "The life they made you forget and sealed somewhere deep within your mind, after they had completed you." Dead and aged machinery, shattered and dustful capsules flooded the chambers. A lab. "This - is - the truth."

Blue became alert the moment she became aware of a presence that began to speak to her, turning her head sharply as her eyes adjusted to the lack of light. That voice... "The truth?" She inquired, slowly pushing herself to stand and brushed herself off. Why was Hictor here? Her eyes were momentarily distracted by the dagger on the floor, tainted with blood. She clenched her fists. What had happened to Van? Blue rose her eyes to look at Hictor, desiring answers.

"Fiona. Your name - is - Fiona Driedre." The manner in which the informer had spoke seemed - suppressed. Almost as if he had so many facts, that he had a hard time to organize them. One at a time. "And the dreams you see and memories you experience are related to you." he said, walking till he stood a few meters away from her. "The time has come for the truth." Hictor would reach out with his hand. "Open your mind, Fiona. Let me release you from the bindings.."

"Fiona... Deirdre?" Blue asked lightly. She was very confused at the moment. She did not know who to trust now. The Leaders had told her Van was her enemy but when she engaged him in a confrontation, he refused. And then in the middle of the battle, one of The Leader's snipers had tried kill her and Van had pushed her out of the way of the bullet. She was at a lost and now having Hictor explain this to her was not helping her organize her thoughts as she stared at him. "Open my mind? But I don't have time for that, Van is hurt and possibly dead because of me." She began.

"He tried to promote truth, and thus he bled - and possibly died for it." Hictor replied, smiling meekly beneath his hood. "Open your mind, Fiona. Know the truth - and claim your true destiny."

The young woman merely stared at him as he repeated himself. Her true destiny? She could feel Hictor's influences within her cranium before he severed the binds that had locked her memories away. Her eyes widened as memories flooded in with such clarity that they almost seemed real. It was like as if the lab around her was being rebuilt, images of people in lab coats walking around and speaking to one another. She saw the woman from before, the older duplicate of herself. Was that her mother? The memories siphoned through like a vortex until she came towards the ones she had been beginning to unlock during her battle with Van.

"Stand and fight. If you don't, I'll kill you." Fiona stated, glaring at her mother who merely stood unmoving in her spot. "I shall not, Fiona.." The young girl's eyes narrowed at the rejection and she proceeded to attack her mother once more. "Weren't you the one who told me you would kill me if I did not rely on myself and only myself?" Fiona stated firmly, watching as her mother coughed blood and stumbled back, holding her side that was sending a trail of blood down to the floor. "I did it for your own good," the woman responded. Fiona frowned. "For my own good ? You don't care for me. You never cared for me." "Then you really are blind. Everything I did, everything breath I took, was for you, Fiona..." The woman whispered.

Fiona's lips twitched and she sent a psionic blast at her mother. "Lies!" The woman gagged, falling back onto the ground and weezing while she watched her daughter approach her. Fiona stared down at the beaten woman with eyes devoid of any warmth. "You're the weak one," Fiona whispered, "I'll make you suffer." The woman stared up at her before her eyes widened as she felt the girl's telekinesis grab hold of her arms. Blood-curling screams resonated in the air, the woman gasping as she laid quivering on the ground, her limbs torn from their sockets as blood freely spewed from the wounds. Fiona stared down at her, not fazed by the agony she was forcing her mother to endure.

"I'm sorry, Fiona..." The woman started and the girl merely stared down at her. "I know," Fiona responded before proceeding to decapitate her mother, allowing the head to hover in front of her before tossing it to the side and allowing it to roll away. "Good work, Fiona." Fiona glanced toward the scientist that approached, showing his approval of her performance by clapping. "It is quite disappointing that the subject did not put up a fight but all the more reason to eliminate her. She was of no value anymore." Fiona did not respond and merely regarded the man with cold silence. "You may return to your quarters. Clean yourself up." Fiona watched as the scientist depart before drawing her eyes forward to examine the mess she had caused with a placid expression.

She would soon depart from the bloody scene as well. Her mother had apologized to her. She had been a good woman. And Fiona had killed her. She hated them... She hated the humans, she thought as she sat in her empty quarters, legs held to her chest. Where was God when she needed him? "Mother, you had told me even if you weren't there, I would not be alone... You told me God would be there." Fiona clenched her fist around the dagger she held, the one she had used against her mother, and gritted her teeth. "Why?" She demanded, looking up at the ceiling with tear-brimmed eyes as she rose the dagger and held it to her chest. "Why God? Why have you forsakened me?" She demanded, only to be answered with silence. "Silent? Why are you silent?" The accumulated stress soon tore her down. "TELL ME WHY?!" Fiona wailed, lodging the dagger into her chest. She did not want to live.

Fiona screamed, holding her head as pain coursed savagely through her body which soon manifested a white aura from the power that shook the foundations of the building, causing the ceiling above her to begin to collapse. She did not want to live if it meant being alone...

"They found you alive within the rubble. And as was according to their agenda, they turned you into their weapon." Hictor's voice echoed as her mind shifted back to the present. "These - are your elders whom use you, cloaking their aims under the shroud of righteousness."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Vision returned in a blur, eventually clarifying the murals he had remembered seeing some moments ago. His body vibrated as something pinned him down, stirring an internal conflict within the man’s body. Much like spears being drawn from a corpse, the tentacles withdrew from Van’s chest, and returned to spiral amongst themselves, forming a thick shell of metal that soon flattened into a blade the barbarian prince would recognize. Van would still cough out blood, though he would see the shells that he had received now rolling across the floor as the building began to crumble. Much like that dream…

Blue's piercing eyes glared at Hictor as he began to explain. She could feel the animosity, the unbridled hatred surging through her body that fueled her rampant need for destruction as the white aura began to react wildly, the tangible energy eroding the structure of the building beneath its might and eating away at her clothing. "The Elders, you say?" Fiona asked, having recovered her memories as she lifted the dagger on the floor with her telekinesis and pointed it at Hictor. "Be glad you are more worth alive than dead." The woman stated before she levitated into the air, creating a path for herself as she rose from the depths of the building. She appeared on the level where the elders would be found and was met with resistance. She glared at them and frowned, raising her palm to face them. "Die." She commanded before blood splattered the walls as she brutally maimed them with her psionic powers and caused a couple of skulls to implode, brain matter falling to the ground. She held no disregard for the life she was taking. Unlike before, she only killed when commanded to or when she thought necessary. Now it was just meaningless slaughter driven by blood-lust as she allowed her feet to take her towards the entities that had been the cause of all her misery, her body glowing brightly as her aura licked at her flesh.

To her misfortune, however, did Cid no longer appear present at his chambers. In fact, there was no trace or any hint regarding his presence in the entire compound.

Fiona's eyes narrowed as she noticed Elder Cid had been quick to make his retreat once signs of her revelation and awakening had been evident. The coward. This discovery only fueled her anger and she yelled, destroying the chamber and moving to a different level. She would make this place burn. She will make everyone burn as she saw the members that had remained move to restrain her or defeat her. The result was gruesome as limbs and bodies littered the hallways as she rampaged through the building, destroying its support structures so that the building would begin to collapse upon itself. Her power as beginning to exceed the limits of her control as she stepped into the streets of Nede, seeing all the humans and creatures that roamed around. She'll kill them all as the ground beneath her feet cracked from the magnitude of her power.

The mere sight of Blue's petranatural appearance had caused the dwellers to cower into the distance, as trees, plants and vehicles randomly floated and tossed against it each other. Blue's activated power equating with the turbulence of a hurricane. The aura would thrive to pierce as the heavens as destruction seemed evident, before a voice called out from the distance.

"Fiona..!" It called. "Blew!" At that instant, arms would wrap and take hold of Blue's figure as Van towered her from behind, the aura eating away at him as he stubbornly held her, digging his face into her neck as he spoke softly. "A'll forgive ya." he said in a low voice above a whisper. "A'll forgive ya, again, again an' again, and forgive ya some'ore an' as many times it'll eva take." His arms tightened around the sides of her own, even as the contact began to scorch him. "Ya hear me?! Ye'r forgiven! A care aboutcha dammit!"

Fiona was being consumed by her own powers, her body slack as it levitated in the air but her powers active as they acted out upon the desires of her subconscious, laying waste to her proximity. The sudden revelation was taking a toll on her already fragile mind, eyes distant as if she was in another dimension while her presence and might struck trepidation in the sentient creatures that resided in the city of Nede. Her powers fluctuated uncontrollably, her body glowing a bright white light as cracks appeared in the cement beneath her feet and spread outward as windows shattered in the nearby vicinity. She would engulf this entire city in a brilliant display of light... "I'm sorry, Mother." A small Fiona sat in a world of darkness, crying into her hands. "Please don't leave me. I don't want to be alone..." Tears brimmed her eyes as she was flooded with guilt and despair. "But you're not alone." A soft voice responded from the depths of the darkness that consumed her, the young Fiona looking up slowly from her hands to see a small, warm light hovering in the distance. "Do not cry, Fiona. You are not alone..." The young child blinked before being startled as she heard another voice in the distance. Mother? Her body twitched as she felt arms grasp her, heard a voice in the distant as someone called out to her. She was being forgiven... The expression in her eyes softened, relief washing over her as the chaos around them began to calm down. She sighed quietly and closed her eyes, the pulsing coming from her body due to her power ebbing away as as she leaned against Van. The luminescence faded from her skin as she became slack against him.

Van would fall to crouch as he felt Blue's legs give out from beneath her just in time to take hold of her, wincing at the sudden twitch of movement when his side felt stung like a scorch, along with several aching and literal burns he had attained from coming close to her. Fumes rising from his back. Never the less - things have calmed down now. Van sighed as he leaned his head against her own, not minding the idea of just staying there, until he realized the attention Blue had obviously drawn to herself. Assuming that the event was far too much of a shock for any to register, at least for now, Van would lift her - painfully and walk back into the Leader's refuge. The vault was the safest place they could think of, while the building miraculously still made its stand.

The young woman was silent as Van carried her away from the scene and back towards the depths of the corporate building that was still standing after the destruction she had caused within its walls. Blue appeared unconscious for the moment and recovering from both the mental and physical trauma placed upon her after Hictor had released the binds to the memories that were a catalyst to the chaos that had ensued. Her body had stopped glowing but there was still a luminescence from within that made her skin appear delicately pale, with a soft rosy color on her cheeks and other appropriate areas. White, tangible streaks of energy traveled around her, and him as Van carried them back to the vault. The streaks obviously had divine, or at least healing factors in it for Van would feel a warm, soothing sensations whenever they caressed areas of his body that damage had been inflicted upon, aiding in his regeneration. Her powers had been tamed and Blue appeared calm, only moist remnants of the tears she had shed lingering at the corner of her eyes as she breathed steadily.

Having placed her against the ornate walls, Van would stand to observe with awe as the fairy-like particles hovered over and around his wounds, leaving them healed - almost as if they were never there. Blue - Fiona's powers had appeared in angelic, in contrast to his own. He smiled meekly, lowering himself to a seat beside her before he gazed across the distance, over towards where Furiyen shimmered close to the pillar. Van was yet to claim his prized relic, almost hesitant to do so as he contemplated over the accomplishments he had made so far..Was it worth all of this? With that aside, Van was determined to go only when Fiona woke. His hand lifted to adjust her hair strands, wiping away the tears as he attempted to stir her away. "Oy. . ."

Blue slowly stirred, frowning before slowly opening her eyes as she felt a presence beside her. She turned her head to look at the man, blinking slowly to clear her vision. At first, she merely stared at him before an expression of recognition crossed her countenance. "Van?" She questioned, bringing a hand to her head as she tried to collect her thoughts. What had happened? "Where are we?" She lowered her hand and slowly surveyed the chamber that they resided in at the moment.

"Borrowin' da leada's base fer a few ours since we stirred a bit'of a ruckus." Van declared, lifting his head towards the ceiling as he rested his arm over a propped kneecap. "Fiona, eh? Pretty name."

"Fiona?" She inquired before wincing and holding her head again as she began to gain a recollections of the past few hours. Hictor had told her that was her real name. She rubbed her forehead as she frowned and sighed heavily. "I did something wrong again, didn't I?" She asked as she glanced toward him, examining him for damage. She thought he had been shot but he appeared well.

Van's brows raised at the predicament. Apparently, she would need time before she would begin to recollect again. He smiled, giving her a confident thumbs up. "Nawthin A couldn' handle.Least we screwed da leadas a bit."

Blue blinked and her expression softened, returning his smile with a small one before glancing around slowly. She had lived her childhood beneath this building. She could not exactly remember every clear detail but she knew this was where she had grown up. Hictor told her so and she could remember bits of pieces of the memories she derived from this place. She could remember her mother's beautiful face but what had her name been? Blue tried to remember but the strain caused her head to throb as she rubbed her temples. What had her name been? Blue tried to put a name with the face she saw in her mind, but to her horror she soon saw the image of her mother's severed head rolling across a floor. Her eyes opened to stop the image and she fought back a scream as perspiration gathered upon her forehead. Her mother was dead. Blue tried to not close her eyes again so that she would not have to see that memory again, clenching her fist as she stared at the ground. What was wrong with her? She could see her hands trembling. She had never been this unnerved before. She had always been in control of her emotions. She could feel a sensation bubbling up within her but she merely continued to stare at the floor. This was The Leader's fault, she thought as she frowned.

And with that came a gentle hand that took hold of her shoulder, assuring squeezing with affection. "A saw it tew, wha'eva happened down'er's pretty much bin shared everyone who stood in dis compoun'.We're in dis togetha, no matta how diverse ar lives might bi." Van said, fingers slowly massasging the limp. "Everthin' happens fer a reason. Thats what gramps used ta say."

The hand on her shoulder interrupted the malicious paths her thoughts were taking as she looked to Van. He knew? She listened to him and his words gave her a reassuring comfort but she did not know why. "Everything happens for a reason," she repeated and looked back down to her hands, wincing as momentarily memory flashed before her eyes and her hands had been stained with the blood of the people she use to hold dear. She clenched her hands, trying to control the unbridled animosity that threatened to consume her, the one that had been locked away along with her painful memories. "So you're still my friend?" She asked but did not look to him as she stared at her hands. "Even if I do bad things, you'll still be my friend?" She looked to him then, her expression placid but that contrasted the turmoil and hostility expressed in her eyes. She hated the world. She hated humans and she hated him. But if she did, then why was this question important to her? She knew his name was Van but what kind of relationship did she have with this human? Her memories were like a broken puzzle that she was trying to complete, only seeing small parts of it but the image was still unorganized.

Van appeared to scratch his head for a moment, as he seemed to contemplate his next answer, taking in the manner of his surroundings and the murals he had not payed attention to, assuming that he would once his task was done. His brows raised as a thought struck him before he regarded Blue with a stare, tilting his head. "A've earned this." he said, lifting his hand to take hold the side of her cheek before lowered to implant a kiss. Well, he did promise her that he'd do it one day.

Fiona awaited his answer, examining his face and she felt her eyes narrowing. Why was this human important? He was no better than the rest. She could kill him now, rip his head clean off his shoulders. Though once again, Van did expertly to thwart the malicious avenue her thoughts had been traveling down into as her eyes widened in surprise when he leaned in and kissed her. At first, she was just taken aback as she felt warmth rise to her cheeks at the sensation of another's lips on hers. It brought another murky memory. Though immediately after, she snapped out of it and Van would find himself flying as she thrust him across the room. "Insolent human! !" She snapped, a blush having blossomed upon her face as she glared at him and stood to approach him. She'll kill him for that as she concentrated on his figure, pressure slowly settling in around him but she faltered when an item dangling from his neck caught her attention. The silver feather. She winced inwardly and brought her hand to her head before she ended up hurting him. What was wrong with her?

Van, on the other hand had tumbled in a laughing frenzy as he pointed at from his location. "A kissedcha!" he declared with pride, the scoundrel adjusting himself to a seat on the floor. "Anger sure is betta then despair!"

Blue blushed furiously as he found amusement in her anger and the corner of her eye twitched. Infuriating human. She should just kill him but an emotion within prohibited her from doing so but it did not stop her from grabbing a dagger and throwing it at him. "It isn't nice to steal that which is not yours!" She growled then turned away, crossing her arms. Damn you, Van Hienkel, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:00 pm

Van smirked upon her reaction, believing that the action may have been just worth it if not more. Stealing - the possession may have been her first kiss and the scoundrel grinned at the thought before he made a stand, deciding to suppress his rebellion. "A'm sarry." he announced, as he lifted his hand in a friendly gesture. "An' about dat question. Aye, A'll bi ye'r friend - till ya finally decide ta kill o'course." He winked

Blue huffed and glanced over her shoulders to him. Then he would not be her friend for long. It appeared that the majority of her emotions had return, or at least wrath and hatred as she glared at him. Such emotions definitely led to hostility which could result in meaningless slaughter. "T'ch. So tell me again why we are here? We can't stay here forever." She stated, trying to calm her nerves as she looked forward and closed her eyes with a heavy sigh, composing herself.

"We're ta hide ar names frem da mess ye've caused fer as lon' as we can, tho essentially-" Van turned to face the pillar. "Ta meet may destiny." At that, Van would fall silent as he approached the pillar, closing in on the distance before an ink blue light blurred into existance, engulfing the structure. Van would stare - impassively.

Blue would turn around to observe him after he had answered her. To meet his destiny? The young woman watched him as he approached the pillar, her eyes drawn to the structure before she noticed the light that had encompassed the tall cylinder. She could only wonder what was happening as she examined the situation from her location before looking back to Van to see what his next course of action would be.

"All da strife and conflic's A've eva come ta experiance, all da hatred'n an' fear threwn in may direction, all da slaughters - for dis. Ta bring me face ta face with dis." He would step closer to the structure, extending out a hesitant hand as he did. "An' until dis moment A've neva come tew understan' just who A'm tryin ta turn out ta bi." But it was too late turn back now. . . Van advanced to touch the structure with determination, only to propelled back by a sudden strike of a force that shot out of the structure like lightning, hurling him across the chambers to tumble just a few feet his companion. Grunting in frustration, the barbarian would roar in anger, emphasizing rage through a flash of crimson eyes as he hurled himself to a sprint. His right fist, pulling back before it plunged through the concrete structure, punching a hole through whatever form of sorcery highlighted this pillar. Van's entire being would shudder as the dark energies whirled, seeming to siphon onto Van's arm, all the while proving that the process was painful. Fumes rose from Van's shoulders as he clenched his teeth.

The young woman remained where she was as the events transpired, stepping back momentarily as she watched when Van was hurled in her general direction and landed only a few feet from her. She then observed as his anger fueled his determination before he attempted another time to break through the barrier that had presented itself when Van had approached the pillars, obviously trying to prohibit him from completing his mission here. Blue frowned as she watched the man create a hole through the barrier but seeing that it also caused him harm. "Be careful, Van." She called out, hoping that he wouldn't cause himself too much harm as she approached slowly but had no intentions to interfere.

Van would've been tempted to snap at Blue in command to stay back for her safety, if he weren't under this mysterious contestant. The energies would push into his limp and surge through his being with full force, triggering a series of nervous strikes that had caused his legs to fail him. He would to the ground, swaying in a circular motion as he obviously fought to stay conscious. Voices would echo past him, darting within his mind back and fourth, resonating with a higher pitch every time it came to sound. Though, he would have a hard time recognizing the words, even as they rang in his head. Eventually, he understood them. A question. ~Who are you..?~ "A'm da bone . . of ma sword." Van replied, before he laid his head against the pillar, though fall short when the structure dissipated into a dust, screening the air though not for long. Van would fall onto his back, heaving with his face broken in sweat as he lifted his hand to cover his forehead, only to realize how cold it felt. He blinked in perplexion as he stared at his limps new form, both hands now thick with an ivorish protruding talons through the now torn gloves. Spikes extended from his elbow. His new acquired limbs were petrinatural. More demonic then anything else. Never the less, the disfigurement wouldn't maintain as the form blurred, shrinking back into its human predecessor.

"Van," Blue gently enticed him, having come to crouch behind his head so that she was looking at him in an angle that made her appear upside down. "You alive, aye?" She asked and prodded at his forehead with her finger. She had noticed the momentary manifestation of armor that had adorned his hands but they had disappeared as quickly as they had presented themselves. Though perhaps she shouldn't have chosen this angle to examine him. Her clothes were tattered after the event that had awakened her memories, and even though there was still enough lingering remains of the fabric to conceal her essentials, from Van's perspective... "Did you find what you were looking for?" She asked, returning her gaze to his visage where perspiration had broken out. He was still breathing so she not concerned. His resilience, even though human, was impressive.

Van's head lifted towards Blue's own to give a response only for his eyes to widen at the passive display of her womenly adornments. Van would simply nod in response. "Aye." He said, simply captivated. "afta all these yeas...A found'em.."

Blue regarded the man's expression with silence, canting her head in curiosity of what he found so fascinating. In all honesty, all he would see was the bare bottom of her bosom. "Found what?" She asked, resting her hands on her knees while she remained crouch behind him. She still had no knowledge of exactly what the man was searching for and what The Leader's had had in their possession.

And for Van's tendency to hide in personal solitude, that view was all too grand, but he wouldn't entertain something he could grasp at the moment for security reasons. Instead, Van would sit up and look at his hands again, clenching his fists and relaxing them. He would take his stand, moments later after the observation, throwing his hands forward before flames engulfed them and turned them to the monstrous figures. Instinctively reaching for Furiyen, and running a talon along its steely surface, announcing a screech of metal. They were razor sharp. Still, he frowned as he dismissed them. What form of enchantment was this that made it so important to keep away from him. "Guess we're done." he shrugged.

Blue would push herself to stand once Van had risen to his feet, eyes drawn to the arms which were momentarily encompassed in flames that announced the transformation he had just acquired. So was this what he had been after? It did not appear of great importance but that was her opinion. "Okay," she responded before she turned and made her exit from the vault. There was no need to linger and, from the persistent creaking and moaning of the building, she did not wish to be buried under a pile of rubble if this building failed under the strain of damage that had been inflicted upon it. For now, they just needed to return to the surface. Then they can decide whether they were going to remain in Nede or if it was finally time to depart.

"Any ideas..?" Van questioned, resting Furiyen over his shoulder as they came out into the night. Time had passed quite faster then they originally anticipated.

Blue would look back to him as he posed the question before raising her eyes heavenward toward the ink-spilled sky. "It is quite unlikely such activities will go unnoticed by the authority so I say we need to stay low. That or we need to finally move. We... I've already caused a lot of trouble that's going to draw unwanted attention toward us."

"Naw!" Van said, prodding the side of her head, emphasizing a friendly chastisement. "Ye were right da first tame. Its us now, remembah?"

Blue blinked, closing an eye as the side of her cranium was prodded while she rubbed the area and protected it from Van's finger. She regarded the man silently for a moment before she exhaled slowly and her expression softened. "Aye." She paused momentarily before lowering her eyes to the condition of her clothes when a cool breeze tickled her flesh. "I think I need a new pair of clothes, though." She stated before raising her eyes back to him.

Van rubbed at the back of his neck as he pondered the circumstances. All the events that have stirred had made him forget about the smaller things, even his financial stand point at the current time. "Donno if we could buy ya some, but A'm sure Ol' man wouldn' mind handin ye 'an." Van said. "Com' ta think of it, lets go back. Migh' as well finish were we start'ed.

Blue would nod before she would begin traveling toward Old Man's home, the streets vacant. Perhaps caution is what drove people to remain behind closed doors after the terrifying omen that had nearly befallen them, again. How long had it been, she wondered. She was still recovering her memories but she knew they would come this time. If anything, she was content she now knew the image of her mother's face. She wondered what type of person she had been. Blue just needed to be patient and all the answers would come in time. She had waited this long. She could wait a while longer. Eventually, they returned to Old Man's abode without any obstacles. "Are you sure Old Man's clothes will fit me?" She asked as she looked to Van. "I don't want my pants falling off."

"Les see." Van paused at the entrance as he raised his left hand above him,left arm outstretched. "He bi - dis tall." He gestured, before raising his right and placing it over Blue's head. "And ye bi dat short. Perfect!" With that, his hands fell to his waist and he made his entrance.

The young girl stared at him before sighing heavily and stepped to follow him. She paused in the doorway, glancing behind her shoulder to the city touched by the moon's grace. She suppose it had been enjoyable while it lasted before she stepped through the entrance and closed the door quietly behind herself.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:02 pm

"Due to some - uncertainties - " The towering figure of Old Man would resonate as he passed by Van, with ignoring at out stretching greeting as he held something some form of luggage. "I was - not able - to innovate much - from the intricate fabrics. . . Thus, I chose to - sew some similarities of your - fashion. Four sets of - clothing." He gigantic left hand raised, indicating the number. "One - suited for your...." Old man would toss his head back as he frowned for moments of recollection before a smile crossed his beard. "Gender and special occasions."

Blue stood quietly beside Van's side, observing Old Man as his height could be daunting for a woman of her stature but Blue was not intimidated in the least. She had gone against bigger opponents that would dwarf the man. She listened as he began to explain how he had fabricated four sets of clothing for her and one suited for her gender and special occasions. She blinked, wondering what he meant by that. Was it an outfit of leather? That would help for situations that called for battle. Or perhaps it was a different durable material as the young woman looked to Old Man with curiosity. Of course, what it exactly was would never cross her mind.

"And..I decided such gratitude - based on the idea - that I've never had such dellll..lightful cookies - for thirty five years." He said, bringing his elderly hand to pat the girl's head before he placed it over the table. Van reached to tug a glimpse. They were leather indeed, well, only two of them. The occasional one was a dress.

The young woman closed her eyes momentarily as Old Man affectionately patted her head before she opened her eyes. "Thank you for your help, Old Man. I'll be sure to return in the future when I have more stories to tell you." She stated calmly, raising her eyes up to the towering figure before noticing Van stretching to peek at something. She blinked at his odd behavior but dismissed it since such behavior was expected of him.

Oh, the bloody senile fart couldn't have made anything shorter. Van sighed, dismayed. 'we'll bi stayin fer da night. Pick up thin's and leave tommorow." And as usual, Old Man wouldn't reply. Merely mumble something about toads and butterflies as he walked over to the fire place, the wizard snapping his fingers, causing fire to burst and feed on the wood in the hearth.

Blue would glance toward Van as she heard him sigh, regarding the man with curiosity while Old Man departed to another section of the edifice. "Well, we should go rest up. We've had a long day and we have a long journey tomorrow. I honestly don't know where to go from here but I guess we'll just go where our feet take us." She stated, moving to ascend the stairs toward their room after retrieving the suitcase and carrying it with her up the stairs.

Van pondered the concept of leaving. He had always been a drifter unless the occasion called for any specific designation. "A wonder.." he said in low voice above a whisper as he ascended the stairs a few moments later, turning the knob to gain entrance once he passed his room. "Well. A guess we'll bi sleepin' betta then other nights." Some small measure of peace.

Blue had gone ahead without him and she did not turn her head to look back at the door when she heard Van finally arrive. She removed her torn clothing and rolled her shoulders to relieve the tension in her upper torso, the muscles of her back causing the scars there to ripple. She opened the suitcase, taking out the first set of clothes that appealed to her. Perhaps she should have asked Old Man to make her some undergarments as well as she now lacked bra. Though she honestly did not know where in the world that pair of undergarments had gone off to, but neither did she know why her original clothing were tattered in the first place. Perhaps they had ripped when she had fallen through the trap door. She was just grateful she still had a pair of panties as she held the long-sleeved shirt to her chest before turning to face Van after he had made his entrance. "Hey Van, does this color look okay?" She asked and looked to him for his opinion. Blue hadn't changed too much. She still didn't care for society's standards. Or. She was still oblivious to society's norms of modesty.

"Aye." Van said, his left brow seeming to arch before both ultimately frowned as he lifted a fist to his chin. "Tho,hmm.." Crimson eyes narrowed with a display of contemplation as they hinrted that something was missing. Van would walk over to the closet and open a door with a bulge, due to its ancient nature, extracting an accessary hung against the door. He then approached her with it being folded behind his back before he grinned and placed a hat over her head. "Der we go." He said, coaxing her to stand infront of the mirror.

Blue lowered her eyes back to the shirt once Van approved of the color. It wasn't blue but she assumed that it was still clothes as she turned her back to him again so she could slip on her shirt. She straightened it after putting it on before she rose her eyes when she noticed Van was rummaging around for an accessory. She canted her head before he returned to her, wondering what his intentions were before blinking as she felt an item placed on her head. "Eh?" She stared at him for a moment before she was coaxed to stand in front of the mirror, staring at the hat as she examined it. "You think I need a hat?"

"Aye. Ta complete da image." Was his simply reply.

Blue stared at her reflection. Hats were never her preference as she reached up to touch the rim of it. "And what image is that? A street punk?" She asked and turned her head to look at him.

"Eh." The side of his mouth twitched at the notion, scratching his scalp. "A've learned ta descriminate between da gewd and da ba' o thin's. Ya don' have ta bi in 'an's shoes ta bi as good as'em."

The young girl glanced back to the mirror and exhaled slowly. "I see." She stated. "Well, may as well not put on any pants until tomorrow morning." She stated, removing the hat from her head. "We should try to get some rest so we can wake up early the next morning and prepare to head out." She stated, turning and moving to the suitcase, closing it and situating it next to the bed before putting the hat on the night stand nearby. She had no idea where they were going to travel to but she assumed it did not matter as she climbed onto the mattress and pulled the covers over her lap.

"Ah, nananananannaw!" Van interrupted, emphasizing his dispute by pulling the covers off of her. "With a mewn out'sigh like dat?!" With that, Van would grin sheepishly as he folded the covers into a rough embrace and opened the window, turning to climb beyond it, apparently over the abode's roof. "Git up'ere!"

Blue blinked and stared at Van's peculiar behavior, wondering what he was so excited about. But it appeared she would have no other choice as she noticed him fold the covers, issuing a small sigh before she would bring herself from the bed to follow the man up to the roof top. "I don't see what's so important about this." She announced as she climbed up after him.

Van would situate himself against the structure's chimney before reaching for Blue's hand, pulling her up to seat her at the adjacent side, tossing her bed sheets before pointing at Nede's moon with a grin. "We're sleepin unda DAT tanight."

She glanced to Van before taking the sheets he had offered her. Her gaze then followed the direction his finger pointed to, raising her eyes up toward the luminous orb that reigned in the sky, with its twinkling admirers gathering around it. "It's the moon," she simply stated. "And we aren't exactly sleeping under it cause you insisted that we come up here and look at it."

"Fine then. Ya go down an' stare at the ceilin'." Van spoke with a smirk. "While A get ta enjoy a full moon as lon' as me eyes can keep me awake."

Blue looked to him before issuing a resigned sigh. "I'll stay." She responded, pulling the covers around her shoulders. "At least to make sure you don't fall down into the chimney or roll off the roof if you fall asleep." She explained before raising her eyes back up to the luminescent orb. She supposed it did have its own beauty and charm into it though she had never really stopped to actually admire it.

Van would smile lightly, having proudly persuaded her. His hands moved to cross over the back of his neck before he rested his head against the chimney, legs crossing over each other from beneath him as the silence settled in. "Oy Blew.." he spoke at one point.

"Yes?" She asked as he addressed her, her eyes remaining upon the moon as she quietly admired its lustrous beauty, among with the glittering stars that surrounded it and decorated the night sky.

"A neva asked if A could call ye a friend." he remarked, softly,

Blue blinked at the odd statement which drew her attention toward him momentarily. "Well we are friends, aren't we? So I would assume that it is appropriate to call one another friends." She responded and returned to gazing at the moon.

With that, Van would yawn after moment of silence, tired. "a'm withdrawin. G'night." He spoke simply before he lowered his head, closing his eyes.

Blue blinked, looking back to see that Van had fallen asleep already. So much for staring at the moon for as long as he stayed awake. That hadn't been long. The woman returned her gaze to the luminescent orb, gazing at it quietly. It was beautiful. Blue turned and crawled her way to Van's side, taking her place beside him and shared the covers of the bed with him as she gently leaned against his side. She couldn't just leave him up here to sleep alone as she closed her eyes and, with a soft sigh, drifted off to sleep. Who knew what laid before them.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:12 pm

So much for remaining inconspicuous. Faced with Van's persistence versus Blue's stubbornness, it was only natural that they made a scene. Blue had never been fond of earrings, especially big loop ones that Van was trying to force her to wear. First, he tried to threaten her with his kisses to convince her to wear them. When persuasion did not work, he resorted to force and that led to destruction of private property within the edifice that they were residing in until Furiyen stepped in and suggested that Blue be allowed to choose her own earrings before she ended up demolishing the building. Blue's preference were very small earrings, that hugged the earlobe, and silver. That was her ultimatum or she wasn't going to wear earrings at all.

One man would stare dumb founded outside the abode as the roof was obliterated bare to the heavens, blinking at Old Man's wave from the other side of the window as he commented over the weather being breezy rather then grieving over the destruction of his property. He blinked again, as two walked out with bags slung over their shoulders, male and female. The man wore a dark brown bandanna that wrapped around his head with a measure of raven black hair and crimson highlights protruding out of his scalp. Eyes veiled behind a shade, garments consisting of leather jacket, a vest beneath and dark blue jeans. Van lowered his head as he gave the man a casual wave, as both him and Blue strode off. She - with her new acquired clothing and accessories, also wearing shades.

Blue tucked a small pack of bubblegum into the pocket of her jeans, holding her small bag of possessions over her shoulder while they strode out of Old Man's abode and onto the path that would lead them toward an unknown destination. It was time to leave Nede. They had gathered too much attention for it to be wise to remain here. Blue's attire consisted of a pair of black leather jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, a leather jacket, a hat, and a pair of sunglasses. It wasn't the usual image she enjoyed to portray but they were suppose to be under cover, as Van stated earlier on. They were to be inconspicous and not draw attention to themselves or have anyone recognize them. At the moment, as far as she knew, they were going to take a bus.

With the recent happenings, especially in the preceding days on their account, the thick human obstacles that had once suppressed their movements were no longer there. Instead, uniforms of policing officials strode on alert as both walked inconspicuously toward their destination. With a place of Nede's reputation, Van would already guess the upcoming events. They would find, arrest and possibly execute any apparent figure beyond the law, relating the recent events to his or her charges. So-called justice would be swift and cruel to attract the crowds back once again and renounce disturbance from Nede's being. By the time an hour would pass, Van would find himself leaning over the counter, protruding two fingers as he slid the cash under the window before he received their tickets. He looked over his shoulder, noting Blue staring at a school of colorful fishes that swam along the aquarium, slowly approaching to stand at her side. "Ya ready?"

Blue silently gazed at the school of fishes, observing their behavior as their colors had attracted her before she would divert her gaze as Van came to stand beside her after he had purchased their tickets. "Aye," she responded softly, giving one last glance at the aquarium that stood out from the bland colors and hectic activity of the edifice before she would turn to face Van. "So where are we going?" She asked curiously, holding her bag to her side as she peered up at him. She would assume he had a vague idea of where they were heading to since he was the one who suggested a bus ride.

"Green Dale." Van announced softly, lifting his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. "As name implies, a lil town alon' da country side. Figure we'd bi safer der, 'elpin out a frien' o mine with manual lay'ba." At that thought, it would seem that Van would give out an impassive stare towards the aquarium, though certainly not meant for further observation.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:13 pm

Blue listened as Van announced their destination before quietly observing his unusual behavior. He usually did not dwell upon his own thoughts unless something was bothering him. But she did not prod, and instead the two of them would soon find themselves riding in the very back of the bus. Blue was gazing out the window, watching the scenery that passed by before reaching into the pocket of her jeans to take out a stick of bubblegum. She recalled Van handing it to her and saying it would help her 'punk' image. So she unwrapped the stick of bubblegum and popped it into her mouth, chewing on it idly. It was sweet and she could not recall if she had ever had bubblegum before as she quietly enjoyed the flavor before trying to blow a bubble. The blasted gum was attacking her!

The chain of events in Blue's progress along with her predicament had fueled Van's sense of humor, eventually cracking up in laughter, tossing his head back with a palm to slam against his face, noting her glare through teary eyes as he reached for her face and removed whatever little traces of gum she had lift before flicking them away. "Ya made ma day, cherry pie." He said, grinning before he looked across the chain of seats when the Driver announced that they were there. Van - for the first time, and mayhaps Blue since she had been so engaged with her predicament, had looked outside as they passed seas of green that sparked beneath the sunlight, vibrant with life. The engine would sound and the Bus would find itself would pull over to a complete stop, passengers quickly crowding the lane while both patiently stared out the window, taking in the scenery. Upon the moment where Blue would take her first step onto the station, Van would announce that they still had a little ways to go - on foot.

Blue was still perplexed on why Van insisted to call her a cherry pie. She was not eatable in the least. But at least, if anything, she had made him laugh, without actually meaning to. Though she still did not appreciate that he was laughing at her. Soon, after taking in the scenery of the flourishing wildlife, they stepped off the bus and onto the station. She nodded once Van announced that they still had a distance to cover on foot and slung her bag over her shoulders before proceeding to follow Van since he was the one who knew where they were going. While on their journey, she took the time to examine her new surroundings. No large buildings, no cars or bustling of people. No pollution as she took a deep inhale of breath. The air was certainly cleaner here the farther they got from the station.

As they passed through the public, Van would relieve his head from his bandanna and the extra accessories, suggesting that it was best to make their faces known as a friendly gesture. The community here, lacking the density of Nede retained a greater hospitality and social behavior, noting from the smiles they passed from abode to abode and ranch to ranch, but Van wouldn't stop at any. At some point, the two would disappear into the trees, walking beneath sparkling leaves, birds and sunlight. When Van heard the sound of the waterfall, and gestured for Blue to listen, he smiled and nodded, announcing that they would rest for a moment. "Neva though' A'd com'ere again." Van spoke as they emerged onto the clearing, Van advancing to kneel onto the river and splash water against his face, noting an object across. A cabinet of sorts, meant to burden a shoulder, a black circle, half bleached to the point where it would almost reflect the symbol of Yin and Yang, though not entirely..

Blue removed her shades and her hat, as they weren't accessories she usually enjoyed wearing upon her form. She tucked the sunglasses into the pocket of her jeans and merely held the hat in her free hand, walking beside Van while she noticed the awfully hospitable and social residents of the area. Blue, on the other hand, would not return any of these greetings or smiles. She merely stared at the people and continued to follow Van as he led them toward their destination. Soon, Van urged her to stop and listen as she heard a waterfall nearby before proceeding to follow Van to the river. Blue examined the vicinity, walking away from Van momentarily and toward the waterfall. Though she would pause as she noted a figure beneath the roaring waters, perched on a rock that endured the might of the cascading water along with its companion. Blue blinked and observed the man momentarily, curious as to his activities. Was he meditating?

In the meanwhile, Van would ponder the meaning of the symbol, almost as if he had seen it before and wondered if Blue - with her previous occupation had never come across it. He look over his shoulder only to find her missing, frantically peering sideways before he noted her distance across the position of a man who stood beneath relentless falls. Short white hair soaked and plastered along his neck and face, standing to a height of five foot eight, slightly shorter then Van, retaining a stiff body that suggested years of labor and hard work - if not fighting. Van took a step forward to examine him further before he noted the man's movements, coiling the fingers of his right hand into a fist before it disappeared unexpectedly into a flickering thrust. And with the impact against the ancient rock behind the curtain of showers, resonated a boom, the impact causing the waterfall to burst across the atmosphere, killing the monotony for a moment that struck Van's sense of reality hard as crimson stared and noted the droplets falling like rain. Within the constellation of shimmering waters did the man turn his face towards Blue, his features shrouded from her as a splash of water would blind her momentarily before the falls resumed again cascading over the man's shoulder who was now aware of the new comers.

Blue noted Van's presence approaching once he noticed that she was no longer at his side and instead observing a stranger beneath the waterfall out of genuine curiosity. She did not turn to look at Van as he approached to scrutinize the stranger further before the rippling of sinew signaled that he was indeed animate and commenced to land a powerful punch to the rock that laid on the other side of the curtain of water. Blue frowned before her hands came to wipe at her face when a splash of water blinded her momentarily, prohibiting her to get a view of the man's visage when he had turned to look at them. The woman blinked to remove the remainder of the foreign water before noticing the waterfall had resumed in concealing the stranger once more. Obviously a man who would be a formidable opponent in any battle as Blue stared at his figure before glancing to Van, as if he had any answers to this mysterious man. But then again, it's not like they had any right to question the stranger. They had been the one who had intruded upon his solitude.

Van, on the other hand did not adhere much to the general morals of disturbing one's solitude, clapping as he shook his head after the phenomenon, obviously impressed. "Ye'v gawt' ta teach me dat some day." Van remarked, while it was obviously his first time meeting him. Having registered his presence, the man lowered himself to the dwarfing rocks before hopping onto soil, walking past Blue with his head, hair plastered against the skin before he took refuge behind a tree where it was more appropriate to remove the sheet wrapped around his waist and apparently where he had stationed his garments. "You'd pardon my in elaborate reception." He said, beyond the tree as his arms reached for the garments, crouched as he put them on. Van grinned as he watched the titanic figure come to a stand, adjusting his kimono as he emerged with a smile that deceived his brute strength, streaking across his white lips beneath closed eyes.

Blue's eyes followed the stranger as he went to adorn his garments that were hidden behind a tree. Blue still hadn't gotten a good look at him as she waited patiently, not speaking a word while the man dressed himself and Van applauded him for the impressive display he had done earlier. Curious eyes would finally lay upon the visage of the man as he stepped out from behind the tree once he was dressed, examining him quietly before wondering why his eyes were still closed. Blue, as usual, was silent as she stood at Van's side since Van was the one who appeared more interested in interacting with the man.

"Ye'r da medicine man,aren'tcha?" Van said, swaying a pointing index finger up and down as he seemed to weigh possibilities. "That is one name." The man replied softly, his smile brightening as he approached them. "Leo's another."

Blue glanced toward Van as he appeared to at least recognize the man to be a medicine man or a doctor of sorts. Her attention was drawn back to the stranger as he introduced himself as being Leo. Perhaps a resident of the area. Blue sighed lightly and waited, allowing Van and Leo to become acquainted with one another. Blue had no interest of the man now.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:13 pm

"Hmmm..." Leo's head swayed lightly as in a gesture that interpreted his attempt to listen. "Your footsteps are faint. If it weren't for your comrades' words, it would take more to distinguish which one of you stand right or left." Two of fingers protruded as he lifted his hand to take hold of a leaf that floated past along the gales, caressing the surface with both of his hands before he lifted it to his face, cupping it around his nose to breathe in the scent. "And your names..?"

Blue blinked as the man took notice of her presence. He was either purposely not using his sight or he was blind and using his other senses to detect the presences and area around him. Blue stared at him with slight intrigue now as it was not often that one met a person who used the majority of his secondary senses. "Blue," she responded simply, since that was more than efficient to answer him.

"Blue..." Leo regarded, inclining his head as he seemed to contemplate the name. "Your footsteps are very light." He repeated, shaking his head. "Very - careful. As light and careful as one would be attempting to cross a hair strand. You live in fear, don't you..?"

Blue would scrutinize the man as he began to describe her movements to her. "No," she responded. "I'm just very cautious." She answered. A cautious life accompanied one who was an assassin. She had to be light on her feet, and quick too. It was a life of danger so caution was a must. "But good observation for one who lacks sight."

"Sight is irrelevant for those who would take the time to listen and think; I like to think that Fear is a good teacher. It is obvious and far from the doubt, though often mistaken for it. If overthrown, it increases one's capacity. If recognized, its makes one cautious and you are cautious because you are simply aware of your fears." Van blinked at the blind one's words, mayhaps understanding his point of view, but unsure what stirred this conversation in the first place. His shifted between him and Blue. At that point, however did Leo's brows raise and he slammed palm over his face. "Though at times, it would be wise for one to carry his thought and not vice versa. My humblest apologies."

The woman stared at the blind man who spoke his words, disregarding any offense he may pose to her as he began to go deeper into the topic of fear and how it was related to caution. Blue scrutinized Leo a moment longer before giving a small, lazy shrug as she accepted his explanation. "Nicely put." She responded gently, staring at him. Obviously an observer of his surroundings and people. His intellect of the human behavior could be considered impressive. "Any other thoughts you wish to reveal?"

"Mine?" Leo questioned. "Or his?" At that point did Van blink and step back with an 'Oy.'

Blue stared at Leo before glancing to Van. "You know his thoughts?" She asked curiously.

"Sure. He was just regretting that he forgot to return your bras to you before you two left Nede." At that, Van's lower jaw would stretch to the point where if his facial frames did not suppress, the chin would hit the soil. Eyes twitching.

"Return... my bras?" She asked as she had never known Van had known the whereabouts of her bras as she stared at him now with a frown. "You had my bras the whole time and you never gave them back to me?" She questioned as she had been walking around with no bra this whole time and it could have been prevented if Van had given them to her in the first place. "Why did you do that for?" She stared at Van for answers before looking to Leo, since the blind man seemed to be able to tap Van's thoughts and perhaps he could provide her with answers if Van refused to.

Leo's finger lifted towards the heavens as he would begin to lay out the details, beginning with a very contrary 'Actually' before Van would sprint off his feet and grab the man by his kimono, shaking his fist. "ACTUALLY - A'd appreciate if ya stop readin' me mind noaw!" Van said, face in a horrid mixture of anger, glares and cringing teeth - an expression Leo would never see. "Perhaps if you did not speak it so obviously - within your head of course." Leo pointed out in odd contrary, maintaining his composure. Unbothered by this, even as Van left him to the floor.

Blue observed the events that transpired as Van attempted to avoid having his thoughts revealed by the telepath. Blue frowned and stepped forward. "Van." She said in tone that obviously demanded attention before she continued calmly, slowly... "I would appreciate if you turn around and face me and answer my question." She stated. "And answer me honestly. I don't like liars." Her tone changed, malicious intent lurking beneath the surface as her eyes narrowed dangerously and an ominous aura emanated from her. She hated liars. "Because if you don't, I'll figure it out and I'll be very mad at you."

Van sighed, rubbing the back of his neck with his friend as he lowered his head. "A don' think ye'r familia' with un'necesary trewth, bi ya?" "Not when it concerns personal belongings." Leo pointed out, again with a gesture and Van would suppress the urge to stomp him. "Fine fine. A gaw' a lil curious." He said.

"Curious about what? You've never seen a female's bra before?" She asked, a confused expression crossing her face. She honestly was at a lost at his reasoning and did not know what purpose he wanted with her bras. She assumed most men had seen bras before or had touched them. It was possible, cities and towns sold them and put them on display in clothes stores.

"It bi a session of perversion, aight?! But A threw'em in da wawshin machine lata on an' asked Ol' Man ta take care of da res'. Only - he may've bin 'alf asleep." At that point did Van fall silent, seeming to have drawn out the truth. Leo simply smiled, ears perking to bird chirps.

Blue blinked and stared at Van. "Oh. Why didn't you just say that in the first place?" She asked and sighed. Men... "Well, I guess this just means you owe me a couple of pairs of bras." She stated before glancing to Leo. There was something about that man... But no matter as she returned her attention to Van. "So when are we going to set out again to this place you spoke of?"

Only when Blue announced such did the Blind one make his stand, reaching out with his arm loosely hanging the medicine cabinet lifted from the soil and floated effortlessly towards his arm, the slings widening to receive them as he shouldered the burden without much trouble. The merits of telekinesis. "Mayhaps we'll meet again, then?"

Blue glanced toward the medicine man momentarily. "It's always possible." She stated before looking to Van. "Well? Let's get going. You owe me some bras unless you want me to beat you senseless for stealing them in the first place," she threatened, crossing her arms beneath her breasts. "Honestly, what were you even doing with them? Putting them on your head as hats? Or even wearing them?" She trailed off then and her eye twitched at the image that came to mind before she shook her head and turned her back to him. "Nevermind, I don't want to know. Let's just go."

Van wouldn't bother to venture to the point of thinking about those possibilities. Eventually, the two would bid the blind healer good bye before disappearing into the forests. Blue would take note of a grin Van decided as they crossed the distances, her perception perking his own before he looked up and answered. "Gramps said dat he saw'em at da age of eight 'nce, treatin his great grand fatha." he spoke, obviously pointing out something. Leo would never age.

Blue glanced to Van, curious as to what had prompted that grin to bloom across his face before he spoke. At first, his words didn't register meaning. But eventually it dawned on her and she looked back over her shoulders, back to the forest where the medicine man had disappeared into. He never aged? Had they just met an immortal? She wondered but it was too late now. Leo was gone.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 pm

[Sorry for the delay, was being lazy since Van is lazy to post on here! >_> But there will be more to come soon. ^_^ If anyone is even reading this xD ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched Pair   Mismatched Pair - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mismatched Pair
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aenied :: Aenied :: Northern Hemisphere :: [Nede]-
Jump to: