Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Merridean

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-06-07

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:10 am

((Continuation from past Ghosts. Have a LONG LONG chain of posts to put up. So I'm doing this slowly and eventually.)

Seasons came and went and Blue found herself losing track of time as she passively watched with detached bewilderment as the leaves of the trees outside began to wither and fall. What day was it? She wondered as she quietly studied the multi-colored tree while she remained seated within her desk, droning out the lecture that the teacher was presenting today. Was it fall or winter? She wondered. Either way, it was close to another year. Another year within this town she had taken residents in long ago. Many things had transpired since then. She had gotten a job as a bouncer in the local tavern. She had gotten a new name and now most people knew her as Rose Samfield. Her appearance had even been altered slightly, her hair longer and her skin had turned lighter. Perhaps from her lack of exposure to the sun. She was managing to curb her violent tendencies by taking on bounties and hunting dangerous individuals, if even to put a little more cash into her pocket. She was more than stable, financially, to the point she didn't need the bouncer occupation at the tavern. But it helped preoccupy her. She tried to fill every minute of her life now with any activity she could find. So that time became irrelevant. Now what had actually gotten her to enroll in school was connected to another reason. Even though she didn't appear to be paying attention to the teacher. She was ahead in school, as usual. These were one of the few times she actually attended class when there wasn't an exam that day. There was no need when she read more than a couple chapters ahead and she preferred the silence and solitude of her own home to study. Aside from the fact that she also tended to take on bounties and so that prohibited her from attending class. Today was a calm day. She had recently turned in a bounty and had elevated her financial status. There was going to be work after class. She wondered if she would have to throw anyone out today. She continued to contemplate silenty to herself as she passively stared out the window that her desk was placed next to.

Foot steps could be heard coming to a halt outside the classroom doors, the handle would turn and the door would open widely. A young girl, about 19 in appearence would enter the room, short red hair flow gracefully behind her, as she came to a stop at the teachers side her skirt fluttered gently around her legs. "Ah your finaly here, I have been exspecting you to arrive sometime today." The teacher spoke in the young girls direction. Before turning her head to the class, the teacher spoke. "Class this is Leone, she will be attending this colledge from now on. Treat her well, and introduce yourselves to her. You can take a seat anywhere Leone." The girl Leone walked toward a seat near the back of the classroom, keeping her head telted towards the floor, as she passed the students already talking about her. She took her seat, and started looking around the class at the new faces, and people she would be studing with. She had just arrived in town, on her own for the first time since her childhood. Finaly she had made it to colledge, she wasn't sure just yet, what she wanted to make of her self, she only knew that she had to attend a colledge in order to become something more than a simple housewife. She placed her bag at her feet, pulling the Math book out and placing it on her desk. "Turn to page 48." The teacher spoke outloud to Leone. Turning through the pages, the new smell from the book was somewhat pleasing to her.

Her first day wasn't going to badly so far, at least the teacher seems nice, and no one had spit a ball of paper at her yet. Out of the glim of her eye, she noticed the girl next to her. Her long silver hair caught her eye, it was out of the ordinary to have such beautiful hair. Her head turned, as her jaw dropped and astonishment. Could it be? Fiona? Thats impossible, she thought to herself. But the resemblence can barely be mistaken, not everyone had silver hair. Maybe I'll ask her after class. Leone had been searching for Fiona, sence her childhood, infact she wanted nothing more than to find her all these years.

Blue exhaled slowly in a sigh. She could feel boredom setting in. She did not like being bored. She tapped her fingers upon the desk before a new student was presented to the class. Blue gave a brief glance in the girl's direction, absorbed her appearance and any information she could from her body language, before glancing away. Push-over, Blue thought after her initial evaluation of the girl. Leone was skittish and timid. She would not last long if any of the bullies that roamed the halls set their eyes on her. Blue resumed staring out into space, at nothing in particular. She was waiting for class to be dismissed so that she could proceed to the tavern and get to work. Maybe if she was lucky, a bar fight would break out and she could shatter some noses today.
Either way, she found that she could relax in the tavern and be handed free drinks. Henry could be adequate company at times, too. Blue became oblivious once more of everyone around her and was unaware that Leone was staring at her while the teacher's voice was like a faint whisper in the distance. She should have just stayed home. Blue once more became animate once class was dismissed as she reached down to pick up her bag and sling it over her shoulder as she made her way out the class, her skirt brushing against the top of her thighs. It was inconvenient that the school uniform for girls had to consist of a skirt and drew attention from the opposite sex but it was worth the sacrifice. Just simply another reason not to attend school and remain studying at home. She pulled back her sleeve so that she could check her watch and the time before she headed toward the front of the school so that she could head to work.

It took nearly everything the young girl had to even ask, but she wouldn't let this chance escape, if she missed it today, there was a chance she may not get to ask later. Leone picked her bag up off of the floor, and followed Fiona out of the classroom. "Bye" She waved at the teacher on her way through the opening into the hallway. "Fiona?" She asked in a light whisper behind the neck of the woman before her. Even if the woman would say otherwise, Leone was nearly convenced that it was indeed Fiona, her long lost best friend. Her Amethyst eyes gaze into the back of the womans head. Her fingers curled around each other, in a fegitive state, awaiting some sort of reply.

Fiona became aware that someone was following. Who, she wouldn't know unless she turned around. Blue listened. Light footsteps. Possibly a female. But why were they following her? Blue continued forward and acted casual. But the question that had been posed to her was utterly unexpected. She ceased abruptly in her tracks and immediately became alert but did not show it as she slowly turned her head to look upon the red-head following her. Leone. "Fiona?" Blue questioned back. "I think you have the wrong person. My name is Rose." Blue stated calmly, lifting the strap of her bag higher up her shoulder before she would turn to once more proceed down the hallway. Blue was on guard. Who was this girl? Was it just a coincidence that she knew her real name? Whatever the reason, Blue did not like it. Names had power. And she wanted to dismiss the subject as soon as possible
The girl could since the change in atmasphere around the woman standing in front of her. Had she struck a nerve? Her glim of light seemed to shatter, as the woman's actual name was spoken to her. She was unsure exactly what to believe at this moment. This woman looks just like the Fiona she knew before, beautiful saphire eyes, silver hair. She always envied Fiona's beautiful hair, this made the young girls mood change. But she still wasn't going to give up just yet, she had to know if this was Fiona, it just had to be. All this time she had searched for her, she couldn't let her escape. "Rose... I don't honestly believe you, perhaps you changed your name because of The Leaders?" Leone spoke very softly, to a very low whisper. If this was true, maybe she had better say it quietly.
I don't know if you remember me, but we grew up together.. in that hellish hole. You were like a sister to me, before you escaped. Please, "Rose" tell me if its true or not, are you really not Fiona? The girl looked down to her own feet, tapping them together gently, she wouldn't know what to expect from the woman before her, and should she simply give up on her search? She looked back up to Rose, with sencere eyes, once more awaiting an answer.

Leone would find her throat caught and her back slammed against the nearest locker that lined the walls of the hallway as menacing sapphire eyes glared at her. "Listen well, girl," Blue began softly and slowly. "I don't care if you believe me or not. I already told you what my name is and I would appreciate it if you left me alone." Blue would release the girl afterwards and then exit the school only moments after, students whispering to themselves after the display of hostility. They assumed the new girl had deserved it. Everyone had come to know that Rose was a loner and was a bouncer at the local tavern. As for Blue, she would have to be cautious of the girl who had provoked her. Somehow not only did Leone know her real name, but she knew of The Leaders. Blue would have to avoid the persistent girl as she headed into work.

The girl heartbroken, and speachless, squeeking from the hostile assult that threw her into a state of shock, she slid down the locker door. Falling to her bottom as Fiona released her. Her arms would hug her knees, as her thought process began spinning wildly. "I don't know what to do.. How can I show Fiona, who I am?" She muttered gently to her self, watching as Fiona exited the building. She didn't believe her just yet, even after that. Perhaps she forgot about me? "I wont give up on you Fiona. I don't care how many times you hurt me." The girl crawled to her feet, gathering her emotions, that screamed out to her, she wanted to cry, she just didn't have the time. She followed Fiona, curious where she was going, she was several feet behind her, she blended into the crowd. For now she would watch, Fiona from a far, and one day, she will get the truth from her.
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:11 am

Blue strolled up upon the establishment. It had become popular over the years and business was going well as far as she knew. Most of the people in the town liked to drink their sorrow and worries away. It made for good profit. Blue pushed her way in and immediately she drew attention from the occupants which she scanned. Drunken sods and decadent rich hovered over their beverages while others were more mindful of their intake and were having a jolly good time. She would push her head back before proceeding to make her way towards the back of the building so she could place her bags and books in a secure area. Then she would return to the front and take a seat at the bar as she watched Henry work. "Had any trouble yet?" She asked. Usually it was not bad in the mornings and afternoons, seeing as people did have to go to work, so she tended to come in after noon once people began leaving work

Henry's face lifted from a palm held up by a propped elbow over the bar, lips stretching to a light smile before the man shook his head. "Not this early." Henry himself would do his own scanning, apparently having spaced out long before Blue came into the place. He had treated her well over the years, being the resourceful sort and those few caught reading in their free time, so he was a face Rose or Blue had become accustomed to. He looked at her with an arched brow, catching something behind that face. "You look like you need a drink. Ran into someone?"

Blue was taken aback for a moment from Henry's astute observation and quick deduction but relaxed and sighed. She should not be surprised. Henry could be deemed her only acquiantance so he had to be able to read her even a little by now. But she did not think him her friend. He was her boss, nothing more. "Yes, I did. Just a new student at school that was being annoying," she stated calmly, vaguely as she became comfortable upon her seat. "But nevermind that. Have you heard of any new, worthwhile bounties?" She asked. Since Henry tended to get news and information before anyone else did, she came to him for information.

Henry poured her a drink out of a bottle which was clothed in a way the woman in her three years had never seen before. The contents were yellowish and emitted a familiar smell. He poured some for his own glass, before shelfing the bottle. "Word is, there's a very interesting man coming to the Merridean. Blue eyes, gray hair and about five foot nine, probably six feet tall." Henry said. Ofcourse, when he said interesting, he also meant dangerous. "They say he caused a problem over at the Crescent Moon Valley. Lead a rebellion against a communist governing entity nad spilled some blood along other routes, stole some ancient relics of great value. Clients look like politicians. His bounty tripled in a manner of days last week."'

Blue's nose wrinkled as the sour flavor hit her from the beverage before she quirked a brow and looked to Henry who already had an answer for her. Lemonade? "I see," she stated while she now looked to the glass with doubt. She did not know if she liked lemonade. Why hadn't he just given her alcohol? He knew she did not get drunk on the job. Stingy old man, she quietly contemplated as she begrudgingly took another sip but could barely contain the quiver that threatened to run through her body. At least it had flavor. "How soon do you think he'll be here?" She asked, obviously interested enough to persue the subject though it was clear that she had been disappointed over the last couple of bounties and was not getting her hopes up on this one.

Henry raised an index finger to for the girl to wait, as he lowered down beneath the par, pulling out a couple of cubes which Blue recognized as sugar just as they dropped and began to dissolve into her drink. Henry added to his own, apparently not quite satisfied with his mix either. "Probably by midnight." He said, stirring the contents in the cup.

Blue would do the same before nodding. "Alright. I guess I'm going to have an all-nighter again," she stated. But at least it gave her a reason not to go to school tomorrow and avoid that Leone girl as Blue would raise the glass back to her lips after the sugar had dissolved and seemed more satisfied with the flavor this time. It wasn't as bitter or sour anymore. "Oh and Henry," she continued as she glanced up at him with a peculiar expression. "I want a REAL drink before the night is over."

Eventually, things got livelier. Henry sighed as Blue had broken a table during the disciplining of a particular customer at one point, waving off a dismissal gesture. He audibly considered it as a heat up before her hunt. Hours passed, and some minutes before midnight did Henry smirk as he noted how Blue stared at the clock while he poured her a mix of alchohol of his own recipe which he knew Blue liked. "Say, when's your birthday Rose?"
Blue's eyes averted away from the clock to the drink he had poured for her which did draw her attention enough to turn in her seat to once more face the bar. "My birthday?" She questioned and gave a lazy shrug, obviously considering it of little value. "I don't know, honestly." She stated calmly, not bothered by this fact. As well as, it also helped to make time irrelevant. "Why do you ask?" She prodded as she took the beverage and happily sipped from it.
"Figured you'd be somewhere around twenty by now. Your hair's gone longer and your face looks a tad smarter then a sadder Rose I saw three years." Thie man in his late thirties grinned thoughtfully, as he rubbed his chin. "I figure you've indirectly changed in ways. I also just remember that after tommorow will be the day you came to the Merridean. Thats - august the fifteenth. You don't mind AUGUST, do you?"
Blue gave a nonchalant shrug to state her disinterest. "I don't mind, I guess," she stated. Not as depressed? Well, she knew she was certainly a lot more preoccupied now than she was years ago. It did help make time irrelevant as she waited but she was coming to terms that if, in the end, she waited until her dying breath, that she at least tried. And she at least had her memories to keep her company. Now, her education was being nurtured and she was stable financially. So she could say Van also helped get her life on a better path. That's what he would have wanted, right? "Just say I'm twenty-one. At least I'll be legal drinking age then," she said just as she took another drink from her beverage.

Ah-huh!" Henry grinned, snatching the glass from the bar before downing itself, obviously provoking her when he gave her an innocent face. "Drink's after tommorow then." He winked again. Before she could say anything, his head gestured to the clock. "Time's up."

Blue blinked and leered at him after realizing what she had brought upon herself. She was about to protest and say he owed her more than just a drink before he piped in about the time. She glanced back to the clock before she would stand and glare at him. "Don't think this will save you," she warned before she moved to grab her belongings and then leave. Blasted, sly old man.

"I love you too." Henry waved a friendly arm in the air, obviosuly teasing and unaffected. "By the way. Start around Sanctuary. He'll most likely be there. His name is Jericho."
Blue sighed. Correction. Delusional old man. How come she always attracted the affection of the older, opposite sex? Well she could at least say she has never drawn a dagger to Henry. She may consider that just to see if he'll change his mind but he was still resourceful and useful as she would take his advice and head in the direction of Sanctuary. Jericho, eh?

Blue would arrive at the isolated corner where all the posters regarding her line of work were plastered onto the wall. The area was a universe of its own, ancient, new, valid and invalid posters were always there and aggregated so much that it was hard to keep track of them. Luckily, for her, she knew Henry. Someone's body flew over, joining a coulple before - like them - losing concious. Blue knew them and their cliche' name. The golden trio, or what Henry referred to - as the Golden Retards. They always ended up at her target before she did, though the image that lay beneath her was a reminiscence she had grown bored and quite anticipated of. There in an isolated corner sat a hooded stranger Blue had never seen before, lighting a ciggarete.

Blue glanced down at the unconscious individuals with disinterest as she had certainly become accustomed to it by now. What she could not decide was how in the world they got to her target before she did. No matter. As long as she had some fun with the bounty, she honestly could care less who got to him and who got the money that would come from his head. Her attention was then drawn to the stranger in the corner, possibly the culprit of the violence. She simply studied him momentarily before speaking. "Mind sharing?" She asked passively, referring to the cigarrette, though she honestly did not expect him to either give her a cigarette or loan her the one he was lighting. It was simply worth a try.

Fffff...." The stranger's stare lifted towards the girl, examining her quietly before he extended a packet in a slow responsive arm, fingers clasping around the lighter and the box. "A little schooly for a midnight cig." The man commented in a low voice above a whisper.

"Ever heard don't judge a book by its cover?" She asked as she extended a hand to receive the offering and before long she also had a lit cigarette between her lips as she handed him back his packet and his lighter. She took a small drag from it before allowing the smoke to flow passed her lips and curl upwards into the air as she watched its ascent. "Have a name, stranger?" She asked afterwards once she had thought the silence had settled in long enough while she stared into the distance.

“Jericho.”
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 am

Blue took a longer drag this time as she pushed back a strand of hair behind her ear and brought her other hand up to remove the cigarette. She exhaled slowly as she dropped the nicotine-stick to the ground and then smothered it out with her foot. "Thought so," she admitted, obviously not surprised, before continuing. "This is nothing personal," she decided to announce just as she brought a leg around with enough force that, if he did not move out in time, it would not only knock the breath out of him but would certainly crack the wall behind him if it did not break his rib cage.
Jericho's form would regard the girl with a cold stare at the statement 'nothing personal.' "Tcht." He sounded before he noted that swing of motion which was surprisingly fast - and fatal, he registered after his form flickered from that position, having rolled under the girl's foot. He took a stand, his hood falling back to reveal white shoulder length hair and blue eyes accompanied with a rather stern face and a rough beard. "You sure wanna ride this train?" He said, spitting out the nicotine stick.

The wall collapsed as her foot collided with it, not cushioned by a body she was hoping would collide with it. She turned to stare at the man passively who was obviously not content with her hostility. She quirked a brow at his question. "Train?" She paused before realizing, "Oh, metaphor." She had learned by now that many people tended to use metaphors instead of being literal. For some reason. Humans were so confusing. The answer he would receive was another charge as she rushed at him before pivoting on one foot to gain momentum in the opposite leg as she turned around and brought it up to try to kick at his midsection.
Jericho's midsection would propel the kick as something metalic barred the blow from beneath the man's cloak. It presented itself. A sword with signitficant markings that almost resembled a sealed. Pushing himself off the stubborn limb, the bounty grunted his teeth, sword glowing in hand before brought it down with a commanding slam onto the floor. The ground hissed as some magic decayed its solid nature, ripping it apart, apparently in attempt to shackle his opponent
Blue frowned as she felt her foot collide with a formidable solid object as she pulled her foot away to see that it had been a large sword. She simply stared as she stepped back when Jericho brought the sword down into the ground and watched as the ground ripped apart by some unknown magic. Blue immediately jumped away, propelled upward by an invisible force that had her landing ontop of the building that the two had been against prior to the battle. Simultaneously, she projected a telekinetic force downward at her opponent. Seeing as he was unnatural, she, too, would need to resort to her powers. This battle may have some potential after all.

The girl looked on from a far, in astoniment, watching every move Rose makes. "I can feel that energy, she has to be Fiona.." The girl said to herself. Who was this figure she was battling? If he got to rough with her, she would step in. The Fiona she knew before, would never be defeated by someone like this, so for now, she would wait. The girl continues to watch in amazement and envy.

Jericho's senses, however, proved to unusual as well. He leapt across just in time to escape the blast, rolling along the floor before sprinting. Like a waterstrider, his feet guided him along the wall, hand reaching out for the tip of the roof before he threw himself onto it. Now standing upon the roof, he watched as Blue descended upon the same platform. "You got a name, lady?" The blade began to sing with power.

Blue stared at Jerich for a moment before smirking faintly. "Rose," she responded before she sent another telekinetic blast at him. Though this one was more refined, shapened so that it was wide and narrow, like a blade. As it approached Jericho, it would widen still. She was only using this as a distraction as she would follow right behind the blast so that she could try to project another telekinetic force hopefully in point blank range where dodging would be impossible. All the while, she was unaware of their audience.

As much as his senses were acute, it would seem that while aware that it was there, that he could not see the wave projected by the wrath of a mind. In situations like these, he did what he did best. Raise a sword in an attempt to bar the attack, though the initial blast had sent him tumbling, though not for long as Jericho rolled back to a crouch. The point of his blade producing a sound as he drew a circle beneath him, before standing. Blue's attack would miss him by a breath as his form fell through a hole he carved beneath him, a smirk of his own showing just as he plummeted below and rolled out of sight.

Out of sight but not out of her senses as Blue allowed them to expand so that she could detect any brain wave patterns within a one mile radius. It was then that she noticed something but pushed it to the back of her mind as she would track Jericho this way as she would jump into the hole he had created and land on the bottom before standing. "You can't hide," she decided to inform him. She knew he was still around. She just had to find him as her eyes stared forward but her mind was quick at work to locating him before she turned in his general direction and sent another telekinetic blast in order to flush him out.
The blast caused a block of crates to erupt. Hastened footsteps resonated, indicating that the man had evaded this blast as well. Jericho emerged, sword glowing with lavender colors and gassy aura indicated ice. He smirked as the alarm rang and the sprinklers released its contents relentlessly. The blast having apparently triggering the Fire alarm switch. Jericho slammed his blade onto the floor again, instantly freezing the ground beneath him, immune to the effect however.

Blue did not even seem interested in the alarm as it rang before the sprinkles turned on to shower them with water. But none of the contents would even touch her as the droplets collided against an invisible barrier that had been erected around her as she simply stood and stared at him as he tried to use the water to his advantage. It would not necessarily affect her as she watched the water around her barrier freeze before it was shattered only moments after to reveal her form once more. What was he smirking about? As for her, she focused upon his form now that she had flushed him out. He would immediately feel a pressure around his body as she attempted to capture him with her telekinesis within only a matter of seconds.
"Not bad." The man regarded before he felt the initial pressure of Blue's teleknitic shackle, his arms seemingly being forced to cross each other. He gritted his teeth, presenting a bitter smirk before a vein popped at the side of his head. His arms spreading with as an agitated form of power within erupted and distorted the shackles. At that, the opponent sliced as the mattress of ice, sending a spray of spikey cones towards Blue's form. Blue sense him sprinting after the projectiles in accordance, attempting to swing.
Blue did not respond to the comment but watched as he broke through the psychic shackles. Not enough force. She wouldn't make the same mistake again as she watched the icey cones propel towards her. She passively seeped miniscule amounts of psychic residue into the ether around her as Jericho approached, waiting for the collision. The icey spikes would shatter upon contact of her barrier and it was then that she would see Jericho approaching. By that time, he would be within range of the area she had filled with psychic residue. She now put that resource to use to first capture him, simply to stop his approach. And then, she would plow down with her own telekinetic powers to slam him into the floor and pin him down. This was all if it succeeded as all of the commotion in the building made it shudder as rubble fell from the opening in the ceiling where the moon light was beginning to pour in to illuminate the area below as her hair shined as it reflected the light.

Although the girl couldn't see exactly what was going on inside the building, her powers enabled her to see enough. The falling water only enhanced that vision. She knew that if it really was Fiona, she wouldn't lose to anyone. She wouldn't give up her search for Fiona, not after all this time searching. Leone moved closer to the building, to get a better psychic reading from the contents inside. She knew Rose would be aware of her at this range, even if she hadn't already noticed.
At this point, the man's pace hastened when he felt the manifestation of these shackles. He could not predict their nature, but he needed only understand that if he were to fall for it, it would be dangerous - mayhap fatal. His footsteps quickened, arms spreading before his form suddenly fell and disappeared almost as if he were never there. Blue would note a ripple in her own shadow. "What're you staring at?" The voice came from above, as a whirling Jericho in mid-air brought his sword down against Blue, naturally protected by the barrier, perhaps reinforcing it. Jericho was suspended in the air as a violent flash eminated when both Force field and mystic blade clashed. Blue could hear the violent hisses of the blade, almost as if it were alive. A shockwave resulted from the clash
shattering barrier and splitting both fighters apart, tearing down a wall behind Jericho. He came up heaving, the struggle having slightly exhausted him, perhaps her tooo. "You're not so different then...." Jericho began, before something interupted his mind. Expressions twisting as he brought a hand over a sweatful forehead, perhaps a momentary recollection...It was then the man's body vibrated slightly, before he fell to his knees, blood spilling from his mouth as he steadied himself with the sword...The resulting defects clearly not from battle. Perhaps illness.
Blue heaved slightly from the exertion it had taken to keep the blade from tearing through her barrier and causing irreversable damage as she slowly stood back after being tumbled backwards. She inhaled slowly but she wasn't as tired as him simply because she had not been stressing her body like he had been by trying to swing at her with his mighty blade. She would approach then and watch with perplexion as he fell to his knees. Jericho. A man who had led a rebellion against a communist. Perhaps a relief to the citizens. But Blue did not care what circumstances had led this man to be placed in this position. As she said before, this was nothing personal and it was only business. This was kill or be killed. There were no rules. And so she rose a palm to face him and sent a formidable telekinetic blast in his direction.

(i'm stopping here - but there's over two weeks Joint Posting, so more to come. Oh yeah. Helluva alot more to come. )
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2008-03-25

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:07 am

[You owe me for this Van, you lazy buttwipe. And apologies beforehand for any readers, a lot of this is going to be confusing and messy from our attempts of a group role play with Yahoo Messengers (aside from Van's lack of consideration of making neat posts on Aenied) which inevitably did not work. Just please bare with us until we get to the part where it focuses back on Van and Blue.]

Jericho's form disappeared. Shattering glass affirmed that he clashed through a window. The blast had shaken the foundations of the building, causing the structure to fall, perhaps bury him alive.A pouch with something heavy fell....

The young girl showed no interest in the man under the rubble either, as she followed Fiona from a far again. Unsure if she had noticed her or not, she didn't really care, she was just happy Fiona had won the fight. She knew now, that it really was Fiona, she had shown it through her abilities. She had at least a thousand questions to ask Fiona, but timing was everything, and right now it seems it may not be the best time to make another confrontation.

Blue watched as her blast had connected before she noticed the object that had fallen. She used her telekinesis to catch it before she drew it to herself and let it fall into the palm of her hand. She studied it for a moment and was tempted to look inside of it but simply gave a nonchalant shrug and waited to see if Jericho would come out of the rubble or not. If his body was like that of any normal human, he would not survive. She would exit the building after about ten minutes, sensing no brain patterns. She held the pouch in her hand as she walked away from the scene. She wondered if Henry may still be up or not as she headed toward the tavern.

The young girl showed no interest in the man under the rubble either, as she followed Fiona from a far again. Unsure if she had noticed her or not, she didn't really care, she was just happy Fiona had won the fight. She knew now, that it really was Fiona, she had shown it through her abilities. She had at least a thousand questions to ask Fiona, but timing was everything, and right now it seems it may not be the best time to make another confrontation.

At this time, Henry would be sweeping for the last mess and left overs his customers left him. Though, he had finised earlier then usual, perhaps more driven to keep the tavern shaped up. He had placed the last chair flipped onto the table before Blue made her entry. Henry cursed, realizing that he forgot to lock the door. "Place is clo- Oh, Rose." Henry bent, pressing his weight onto the broom. "Heard all the commotion all the way from here. I will admit - didn't expect him to go down that quick. Whats that in your hand?"

Blue looked to him. Honestly, she did not think Jericho was dead. But he had posed more of a challenge than her recent bounties had so why not give him a chance to live if he really did survive the blast. Maybe they could battle again in the future. That or give him a slow death. "A pouch that was from him," she stated, moving to take a seat at the bar. "Do you think this will be enough evidence to prove that I defeated him? Cause I don't want to go back and scrouge through the rubble to try to find his head."

"Well. This brand here doesn't sell anywhere else then Opel, which is pretty much the city he roused a rebellion in. Anaannd..Lets see whats inside here." Henry took the pouch from the bar, taking his place behind while unbinding the bonds. His brows lifted. "Even so, though." he stated. "You can sell whats inside here to a price three times Little Blue Riding Hood's bounty. Thats - because there's only three of these in the entire world today." When Henry noted Blue's quizzical glance did he eventually extract it. A chain attached to silver feather . . .

Blue waited as Henry took the pouch and examined it. She listened quietly as he spoke about it and looked at its contents before he extracted something of value. At first, she simply stared at it before recognition crossed her face as her body stiffened. A silver feather? That was... It couldn't be. Blue was not certain what to make of it as she reached out to take the chain. "I'm keeping this one," she whispered as she stared at the trinket. It looked exactly... just like... Her eyes narrowed.

"Wierd that he has it." Henry shrugged, blinking at the manner of which Blue had snatched away the trinket. He casually then began to wipe at the bar. "This along with two other feathers were the parting gifts of some warriors, I don't know, dating back probably before the Merridean even existed. They say it represented a symbol of trust."

Blue was silent for a moment before she stood. "I'll see you tomorrow, Henry," Blue stated her dismissal before she turned and headed out the door. Now she really did hope that Jericho had lived. She would have questions for him regarding the feather. And now that she thought about it, that sword that he wielded as well.

Purple eyes glared around the tree next to the building Fiona had just exited, she quickly pulled herself back behind the tree. Wonder if she had noticed me or not, the girl thought to her self. She stood still, waiting for Fiona to pass by the tree she hid herself behind.

Beneath the rubble left from the remnants of chaos at Sanctuary, however was no sign of life nor of remains - all which had proved that Jericho still lived. Quietly and eventually, the cold crept in before the city began to snow.

Blue paused beside the tree that Leone was hidden behind before she spoke coldly. "If you continue to follow me, I'll kill you." She was not in a good mood as she proceeded forward and headed home. She was not in the mood to have her new found stalker following her home. Blue needed time to think. And to figure out where Jericho had gone off to. Blue would get no sleep that night. Blue would not attend school that morning. But she would appear the following day, seated at her desk. She did not look any happier as she glared out the window next to her desk.

The girls heart beat quickened, as she realized she had been spotted, and the woman's cold words didn't seem to phase her in the least. She didn't follow her any further though, listening to Fiona's request, she only walked slowly to the apartment she had rented out the day before hand. Upon entering her home, and closing the door behind her, she took a shower and sat in bed the rest of the night. Awake thinking only of Fiona, and how she would gain her trust. The next morning, she gathered her things and headed to school. Taking her seat, and awaiting Fiona's arrival. Sitting out the rest of class. She wouldn't say anything else to Fiona, only watch her throughout class. Perhaps she would confront her later, it seems shes not in a good mood, the vibes she was receiving gave her chills.

By that time, the snow had covered Merridean's integrity. Frost cloaking the edges and ends of the city, along with the streets, perhaps the Merridean's strongest winter. The bell rang eventualy and all but few of the students remained at school. One hooded stranger stared at her as she made her exit, before he turned around just in time she would note him, disappearing behind the corner.

Blue did not appear to even notice that Leone existed as she glared out the window. Her mind was running through endless possibilities that regarded the feather. One possibility that Jericho had come in contact with Van and somehow had gotten in possession of the feather. Or he had gained the possession by killing Van. That would gain Jericho a death sentence even if she had to hunt him down to the ends of the earth. Now, there were possibilities that he knew where Van was and so he was worth keeping alive. And then there was, god forbid, the most ridiculous one of all. That Jericho WAS Van and somehow his appearance had changed drastically over the years. Blue paid no attention to class at all but would eventually stand and exit once the school bell rang and make her way out of the building. Even though it had snowed, she still retained the usual uniform and seemed oblivious to the cold weather. But out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of a suspicious hooded stranger. Jericho?! Whether it was him or not, she moved quickly to pursue the individual.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:08 am

Jericho's footsteps would faulter when he felt Blue emerge from the corner. His sneered for a moment, before he heard a scream from the other side of the street as a form tripped on its way across. Jericho realized the child as he sprinted towards the poor one while a truck drove its towards it. Arms spreading as he hurled himself across, taking hold of the three year old. Disengaging and handing the child to a grateful mother that fell to her knees, he began to pace away - though - even such a distraction would be poor for Blue's senses.

Blue's eyes narrowed as she caught sight of the hooded stranger just before he ended up saving a child from a careless driver. Though that would not save him from her interrogation as Blue crossed the street and continued to pursue the individual. She would not allow him to slip through her fingers, not allow any possibilty of finding the whereabouts or condition of Van to escape her. And if she had to, she would beat Jericho to a pulp to extract the information she desired. That or simply take it forcefully from his mind as she pushed passed the crowd and advanced upon him. She was getting tired of chasing him through the crowd and eventually, it almost looked like he had lost her as she disappeared from sight. Just as Jericho was stepping onto the harbor, she suddenly landed in front of him before standing up straight as she glared at him. "Going somewhere?" She asked sternly. "You're not leaving until you explain THIS." She extended her hand to present the chain with the silver feather hanging off of it.

Leone didn't follow Fiona after class, she was still following orders, and she could still tell something was bothering Fiona. No, today she would not stalk her beloved Fiona, today she walked back to her apartment. There she would look up job openings in the newspaper and wait for tommorrow to come. She didn't need to follow Fiona every moment of the day, being as it seems Fiona lives here. She keeps her mind open, listening to the entire town, awaiting what is to come.

The man would blink before his eyes lowered to the wooden platform, sighing gently at the sight of her. Hands digging into his pockets, even as she spoke to him. Jericho did not need to see the object. It had been in his possession for a time and he could already assume its form by just hearing the jingling. "Whats there to explain? Its mine." He replied in a low voice above whisper.

"Don't be vague with me," she growled. "Tell me how you got possession of this item. I have a reliable source that says there is only three of these in the entire world today so how did you get this? Tell me now." She demanded. "Purchase? Found? Stole?" The last word was lengthened and emphasized by her cold tone as she leered at him.

Jericho's expression twisted to a sneer, perhaps resenting his incoming answer more then the question itself. "A good friend in Nede gave it to me." He spoke in a low voice above a whisper, left hand coiling into a fist.

"In Nede?" She paused for a moment but pressed on. "And who was this friend?" She asked even though she could already feel some odd emotion emerging within her. She couldn't say what it was. She just knew it was making her heart race. It was like the thrill and exhiliration she felt whenever she was in danger but she was not right now at this moment. Was she excited? Anticipating? All she knew right now that she wanted her questions answered. "What was their name?"

Whatever this man was hiding, it would seem that he realized that he could not run away from fate. Jericho's head would raise with eyes closed as he allowed. The moment had been bittersweet, all its silence and the delicious air that blew from the sea, making his garments rattle. Slowly, but surely, eyes began to reopen though accompanied with a familiar hue. They were crimson - familiarly crimson.

The silence elongated longer than what she was comfortable with especially when she could be on the verge of finding information to Van. She knew there was a possibility that this man did not know Van at all. But still, she had to try. "Well?" She pressed as the man raised his head before she paused as she noticed his eyes. They had been blue the night they had quarreled. And now they were crimson? Blue was quiet for a moment as she studied him before her body relaxed, hinting at exhaustion, and the cold expression in her eyes faded to show that it was merely a facade that hid years of hardships. This being one of them. "Please," she began, "I just want the truth."

The red eyed Jericho would slowly approach her, his footsteps reserving no malice, no attempt of offense detected. He paused a couple of feet away from her before he looked her directly in the eye, rather timidly before a smile crossed his face. "Ya look pretty." his tone changed. "A suppose even tree 'ears bi enough for a lil change - even fer ye, Blue."

The expression that crossed Blue's face was hard to determine. Shock? Disbelief? She felt the emotion inside of her chest ready to burst but then something dawned upon her as she heard the horn of a boat as she glanced back to see a ferry approaching the harbor. Suddenly, her eyes hardened with even greater intensity and her expression became solemn as she looked back to him. "You were leaving," she accused him. "Wasn't even going to drop by and wish me a good life?" She said sarcastically and dryly. All the emotions she had been feeling previously suddenly shifted drastically and were boiling behind her cold expression now.

"A was thinkin' 'bout i' ta bi hones'." Van replied in a semi contrary tone, looking over her shoulder for a moment to note the boat's presence. His smile turned meek. "Or maybe A had faith that ye'd fin' me." Van expected atleast, even with Blue's state of composure, a quizical expression. "Look at me, Blew. A've changed. An' A'm forced ta involve ma self in thin's A'd hate ta see ya get hur' bai."

Blue stared at him in perplexion. To find him? Her expression softened but that was only momentary as he continued. Her eyes gleamed menacingly at his words as she glared at him viciously. He was going to leave her without a word. Even after all these years, he was going to abandon her and leave her in the dark. "That's it?" She sneered. "That's your only reason?" The wooden structure beneath her feet began to hum as she glared at him, her chest heaving with barely restrained fury. She had felt many things toward Van before. Embarrassment, confusion, uncertainty. Companionship and content. Trust. But now she was mad at him. Infuriated. Her hands shook and clenched at her sides as she tried to contain herself. She glanced down to the silver feather in her hand as the waves beneath the harbor relentlessly crashed against it. She tucked the silver feather away as she kept her head lower, her face hidden by her bangs. "Why?" She questioned, though not at him. When she rose her eyes back to him, they had changed. Ruby optics glared at him with malice as black tendrils manifested around her and the wood beneath her feet began to decay. "You don't understand me," she began coldly before the negative energy around her exploded with the turbulence of a hurricane. "You don't understand me at all!!" She yelled with animosity and her energy boomed, knocking him backwards. Though by the time he recovered, she had disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:09 am

"Aww, shite." Van's eyes lifted towards the heavens as he lifted, noting the sea gulls encircling the atmosphere above him before he realized that he was burried in a pile of boards. Van kicked at his wooden burial before he took a stand, noting a harsh sting of pain at his left. Yep. The arm was dislocated. He brought himself to lean against the crates before he summoned all his courage to press the limb back into its socket, sounding off a supressed grunt of pain before heaving. "Women."

"Who are you to Fiona?" A young girls voice, echos from behind a trash can. Purple eyes peer over the object. "First shes kicking your ass, and now shes... well shes still kicking your ass..." The girl leans out and stands up from behind the trash can. Staring at the man before her, noting the grunting he makes before he pops his arm back into place.

Van blinked, still holding his arm as he peered over to the side towards the girl. Who knows. Could be one of her school mates, most trusted one at that apparently since she knew her name. Her real name. "Kickin' me arse, eh? Jus' me luck with women. She wouldn' bi da firs'." Van began to recall a time where Emma had struck him hard with a pan, before he shook himself away from the memory. "Where'd she go?"

It took her a moment to respond to him, being as she wasn't use to such an accent. "Oh, so you don't know her?" The girl looked at the man, tring to determain what he just said to her. Leone sizes Van up, tring to decide what he could be, maybe he was an old friend, or just a punching bag. It seemed that they did know each other, but she was uncertain to what level that was on. "Hmmm, I'm not sure where she would have gone, I do know where she lives though."

"Well, what're ye waitin fo?! Take me ta'er. Man's gotta make thin's right." Van would bring himself to step forward, sighing at his new burden. He'll be holding that arm for a while.

She smiled at him blankly, as if she knew what he said. "Whats your name?" She asks, before she starts walking toward a road, that seemed to lead out from town. "Shes lives on the outskirts of Meririden, its a bit of a walk."

van would converse with the new found acquantince and eventually learn her was Leon. Though, she may regret asking about his relationship towards Blue as it seemed to be more complex then she would ever realized. Now that he revealed anything, but when he started talking, his accent became jibberish and hyper. "An' dendersdatamewenAfappederwristcuz an' guess wha' she did! knifemefercripesakes! Women! Women A tell ya!"

Leone pretended to understand what Van had said the entire time, catching bits and peices here and there. She was still confused as to what he was, but it seemed he wasn't interested in fighting Fiona anymore, and having that been thought out, even if he did, Fiona would kick his ass again. Finaly they arived at Fionas place, the house seemed old, and decayed from time, an unsightly place, that not even a poor person would live in. "What.. what happened here?" Leone's eyes widened, as she walked inside, the door had already fallen off. "This.. this is it, but it looks nothing like it did a day before." Leone explained.

Van was uncomfortable in his silence, but it did not threaten his resolve. Van's left hand would eventually grow animate, finding the courage to leave the arm on its own before he moved it gently. If this was like before, this would've been healed long before they arrived here. But then...Things have changed. He was uncertain of its condition, but he had no time to test it. It moved. That was all he needed to know. Van would quietly walk away from Leon, drawing in a breathe as he approached the corrupted settlement.

The house indeed looked old and decadent. Decayed wood was falling off the cieling and the floor was caved in in certain areas as it creaked beneath the weight of the intruders, as if threatening to break beneath them. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the abode, scarlet dripped onto the floor around her as Blue stared vacantly at her self-inflicted wounds. She had not cut herself in years but she needed it now more than ever as the negative energy writhed around her violently. She was in pain but it was not related to anything physical. A memory came to her. "Do you not fear betrayal?" "I trust him. Trust him to prove me wrong whenever the fear appears." Blue looked down to the only item in the house that had not been corrupted. The silver feather. Animosity clawed at her chest as her body shook ut she controlled it by adding another cut to her arm. She heaved as sweat trickled down her forehead before she glanced upward as she heard the wood creak from footsteps. Someone was here? It would not be a minute later before the far side of the house was destroyed from a loud blast and the section of the house that Leone and Van were in began to collapse upon them.

That was Van's queue as he noted the roof shiver with fragility, on the verge of slamming onto him if he didn't move. The man huffed, before swinging himself into a sprint. "Bleeeeeeeeeeewww!!!" The barbarian prince roared as he stubbornly leapt forward diving into the house just in time before the roof would collapse. He rolled onto a crouch, peering franticly sideways.

Although fearlessly Van charged in, only for the entire building to stop moving entirely. "I'll hold the building still, find Fiona!" Leone's feet hovered slightly off the ground, as her arms extended outward towards the building, her eyes were closed, her hair flowed gently almost without gravity. She didn't think of anything but Fiona's saftey, and holding the building up.

Van would only be greeted by a blue blast heading straight toward him. The section of the house that Blue had been residing in had been destroyed and the culprit had shot in its direction again. Not at Van but its target had dodged out of the way in time and now was lashing back as black tendrils encircled the individual. Blue sneered as she was pushed back by another blast shot towards her as she jumped back and leered at her opponent. "Took forever to find you Little Blue Riding Hood but thanks to Leone, we finally can take you back to the Elders," the individual announce as he pointed his gun at Blue. Blue's eyes narrowed. Why did it not surprise her that her past had caught up to her again? This day was certainly not getting any better. And she was in no mood for it. She lashed out at him again, sending a telekinetic blast in his direction only to be surprised when the individual rose his armor hand which neutralized the psionic energy. That was unexpected and Blue propelled herself away when he shot at her again with his specialized gun before pursuing her as he began pushing her back into Merridean itself.

It would be some time later after he was knocked out by the blast, but Van would figure out the sources of this unexpected turmoil. The Leaders - those stubborn mongrels. "Ye'v interfered fer da las' taime." Van blasted his way out of a pile of rubble, before he sprinted with his arms behind his back as fast as he could towards the Merridean. Leone's queue to drop the house, since nobody stood there anymore. His eyes flared with desperation, hoping that he would reach Blue in time.

Leone had released the building from the bonds she put on it, holding it still was no longer necessary, she followed Fiona and her attacker into the Merridean. Leaving Van behind, her first concern was Fiona's well being, and Van seemed to handle himself fine. Flying over the terrain made it much easier to follow the two, as she continued to follow them, watching the battle that was soon to be witnessed by all of Merridean.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:09 am

The Merridean was already in a state of turmoil and panic as the two fighters killed whoever got in their way indiscriminately. Blue's powers sapped people of their life energy, leaving countless withering bodies littering the streets already as she tried to send an offensive assault at her opponent. The gunslinger easily avoided the tendrils that lunged for him and tried to capture him which only infuriated Blue, which caused more innocent casualties as she recklessly forged forward though continued to attack at a distance. Her opponent had armor that negated her psionic energies which left them almost pratically useless. But her secondary powers made it so that her opponent could not fight her melee without serious injuries as the dark energies roared around her. Blue lost sight of her opponent momentarily as she looked around frantically for him. She knew he was still around, she could sense his brain patterns, but she could not pin point him within all the panic-filled minds that were still in Merridean. She sneered and immediately went to eliminating the obstacles, her tendrils elongating and brushing any individuals in the nearby vicinities as people fell over dead. Blue's mind filtered through the chaos and she barely had time to register that he had gotten behind her before he shot at her. She narrowly missed the blast but the right side of her body still took damage as she frowned, propelling herself away as the blast surged forward and then destroyed a building in the distance.

In the silence left from the havoc bestowed upon the merridean, after that particular destruction did the two's ears perk to the sound of a bottle shattering as it fell from someone's possession. Blue would recognize the bald man headed in his late thirties from anywhere. Henry's lips twitched apparently trying to manage a carefree smile before he turned in the midst of the havoc. He looked at Blue's pursuer. "So let me get this straight." An odd sense of displacement eminated from Henry's presence that presented an odd mysterious unsettlement towards those near. "You' come in here, kill a good number of people. Set some houses on fire, harrass my staff, namely my bouncer - and then - you destroy what I had spent almost ten years of my life keeping in business. My - bar. Heh heh heh-" Henry emitted a false laugh, then sighed with a meek smile, closing his eyes. Then - in the midst of the snowy chaos, somehow, did thunder resonate from the belly of the heavens. Lightning struck barely an inch next to Henry's foot. "Heh...Heh..heh.....You're so dead." The man's shoulders began to present lavender vapor flowing out of his limps as his blue - once kind eyes - turned to flash white, fingers glowing. . . Was Henry a Mage of sorts? Blue would have never known.

The lightning at hand, had startled Leone out of the sky, she land on the top of one of the buildings, that hadn't been destroyed. Looking on at the battle at hand, noticing Fiona's injuries, she becomes angry. Perhaps she should step in, and help Fiona, she though to her self. She would attempt to focus her thoughts on a tree near the fight, she knew already that the man was resistant to psychic energy, but a flying object? The tree lifted from its roots, instantly cut into a point, she points the tree toward her new found enemy, and hurls it towards him with her energies. In the attempt to peice the mans stomach and pin him to the ground.

Both Blue and her opponent's attention was drawn to the sound of glass shattering to see Henry. Blue seemed disinterested and well, her opponent just seemed confused before they both watched as Henry began to change. "Mage?" The gunslinger asked, just before he pointed his gun in the direction of the tree hurling toward him and shot at it. A large ball of blue energy raced from the gun and desintegrated the tree before he lowered his hand. "This may get interesting." He stated, not even bothering to acknowledge the person who had tried to just stab him with a tree. Blue, however, caught sight of Leone and glared at her before looking back to the other two. The gunslinger took out another gun from the holster at his side and twirled the guns in his hands. "Ready? Set. Go!" The gunslinger announced just before he caught both guns correctly in his hands and pulled the triggers, sending a duo of blasts at Henry.

A low hum eminated just as the projectiles passed the mage's position though did not touch him. Henry disappeared like a blink, appearing with a flicker of soft light with one firm foot placed at the front while he shifted his wieght back as he channeled a blue sphere. The projectile launched, carving a road of ice in its path. To make matters challengable, the ball seemed to transform on its way into a mouth of a beast, though the real threat it presented was the arch that stretched out of it and threatened to snatch Gunslinger as it moved it in a clawing arc. A loud roar resonating.

Leone watched as the tree she tossed was destroyed, it seemed the gunslinger had no interest in Fiona or herself, so she may as well watch the mage fight. She sat down a top of the building, looking in ah at the gaint icecube flying at the gunslinger. This would be one of those moments, that you really wished you had some popcorn.

The Gunslinger quirked a brow as the mage dodged his blasts but he simply re-directed his guns at the mage attack that had been launched toward him. He pushed a button on either gun and they began to glow a dark red. He simply smirked and fired two red blasts at the incoming attack. Each orb held enough heat to melt metal and would intensify as the two orbs fused together along their trajectory and would collide with the ice attack, hopefully neutralizing it.

The success of the attempt would be apparent through the vapor that materialized after the frost projectile was shattered, though the veil could not conceal the sea of fire that streamed immediatly just as fast as the proctile was destroyed. The fire apparently protruding from the mage's mouth.

Leone could feel the heat from the mages mouth, it was that intense, she was only a building away from the fight. She had never seen such magic, or even such a fight. She was amazed at the ablities of both fighters. She was also surprised that Fiona's employer was a mage, a tavern owner had such abilites? Why did he even need a bouncer? She questioned, only to forget a moment later as the blaze neared its target.

The Gunslinger eyes narrowed as he noticed the flames coming at him as he moved to avoid the attack. He could not avoid it entirely as his clothes and hair got singed while he cursed and patted out a small fire that had caught on his hair. Damn it, he did not need another hair cut and he certainly did not want to be bald like the mage. He pushed a button in his left gun and it began to glow a light blue as the element within it was changed again. He sighed as two could play that game as he rose his guns again to shot but only ended up dodging an attack from behind when Blue lunged at him. He sneered and shot his right gun at Blue and his left gun at Henry, simultaneously sending a heat blast at Blue and an ice blast at Henry while he then moved to take cover behind a building.

Blue would tumble when she would feel the wieght of a person that hurled himself upon her, just in time before the close-range projectile would hit. The catcher would hit his back against the wall as wieght was applied to apparently recently injured limb. A bone snap would be heard as Van's arm once again dislocated due to the crash, but baring it with shudders and gritting teeth while he eyed Blue below him. Meanwhile, Henry would be seen pacing out of the lavender vapor. His skin beginning rather unusually tanned, perhaps a price for intense power. It signifying that it was exhuasting him in some way, but he was oblivious enough. henry would chase the man..

Leone had already rushed over to Fiona, to attempt to save her from the blast, Van had gotten there first, just in time. Although Fiona probably could have handled herself, she felt compilled to help. Now walking over to Van, and Fiona, the wind blew her hair and skirt wildy. After reaching them, she crouched over Fiona. "Thank you." She said calmly to Van. "I don't think I would have made it over in time.Fiona, are you alright?" She asked sencerly, looking down at her, and offering her a hand up.

Blue grunted after she had been tackled out of the way. She looked up to see Van and then Leone approach her. Blue's ruby eyes glared at Leone. None of them were safe yet as Blue reached out to grab Leone's wrist and pull her down so that she could wrap her hands around her throat. Blue leered at Leone as she would begin to choke her, forcing her onto her back as the black tendrils expanded and began to move to cacoon them both and to keep Van from interfering. It would not harm Blue but it was clear what Blue's intentions were as she stared with detached amusement at Leone. Meanwhile, the Gunslinger knew he was being pursued and waited for an opening before he would move around the corner to shoot at Henry with an ice blast and then a fire one immediately afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 am

"Oh, fer feck sakes!" Van would lift himself to a seated position with one hand guided to press against a sore dislocated shoulder. He noted the dark cocoon, tossing a tiny stone onto it to test danger only to see it disintegrate. Damn it."Blew! Stawp!" Meanwhile, Henry once used his magic to disappear to an isolated corner, he smiled with delight as for a moment, almost as if he had waited for the Gunslinger to get tired of waiting. But then ,he began tossing random projectiles of ice onto the different corners of the area. They would smash onto the concrete rather then freeze it, before shattering into bits and shambles onto the floor. Henry would continue doing this

Leone was surprised for a moment, but the thought of Fiona on top of her, choking her, only excited her. She didn't feel much pain, and seemed to only take pleasure in Fiona's attempt to kill her. This was a side of Fiona she had never seen before, but she knew in her heart that she wouldn't be killed, not by her bestfriend, who saved her from the lab those many years ago. The woman smiled, and made small moaning noises, directed at Fiona. The black tendrils touched her, burning her skin, she quickly realized that this wasn't for her own pleasure. "Fiona, stop!" The woman screamed, feeling that even though shes immortal, this kind of pain can only be tolerated for so long.

Blue continued to apply pressure to Leone's throat, not seeming phased by the unusual, initial reaction the woman had given to being hurt. The black manifested energy began to implode upon them until the gravity of Leone's situation finally dawned upon the woman and trepidation appeared in her voice. Blue paused as a memory flashed before her eyes. Fiona stared down of a familiar face of a young girl with red hair, a much younger version of Leone, who was crying. "Fiona, stop!" Blue released Leone almost as if she had just been burned herself and drew off of the girl as the tendrils retracted and once more the two females came into view. Blue slowly stepped back from the two, thrown momentarily into confusion as she pressed a hand to her forehead and closed her eyes to try to to organize her thoughts. Meanwhile, the Gunslinger sighed as the mage continued to teleport in order to avoid his blasts before he began watching as the mage began to litter the floor with ice. Now what was the man up to? The Gunslinger held his guns and simply waited while simultaneously trying to think of a way to kill the mage.

Henry would patiently wait for the ice shambles to melt before extracting a pouch from his side. He knew that he would never beat a Gunslinger in a game of hide and seek, comparing agilities and grace. His powers are what held him so far and there was a limit he would be soon have himself respect, so he needed to act quickly. Seeds seemed to harmlessly spray from the man's hands onto the waters, shaking in turmoil. Henry would make sure that he had left the building, indicating that he had left something for the man. The seeds erupted and tendrils shot out to hit roof, growing in such a rapid state that began to pierce the concrete like a thousand spears. The building began to shake, on the verge of collapsing .. Meanwhile, Van stared at blue quietly before speaking the words. "Its ok, Blew."

Leone simply lay there, wondering what was wrong with Fiona, and why she had stopped, or even more importantly, why she had even attacked in the first place. She looked to her in curiousity, before taking her chance to get to her feet, and back away near Van. The burns on her arm, seemed to heal nearly instantly after the assult had stopped. "Fiona, stop it, please...." she would say just above a whisper, unsure if her words had any effect on the woman.

Blue would open her eyes as the two tried to console the woman filled with turmoil. Blue's vision was filled with crimson, blinded by her hatred and fury to see passed anything but her drive to eliminate those around her. Blue glanced to Leone first before her attention was drawn to Van. Suddenly, her eyes seemed to flare with unrestrained animosity and the once calm tendrils began to twist violently once more in her proximity as she approached them again. This time, she had no interest in Leone, knocking the woman out of the way so that Van was the center of her attention, the only one she saw. Blue glared at him silently as she stood before him with malice in her eyes, her form obscured by the chaos of the tendrils as her hair and clothes swayed from the power that resonated from her, the vicinity already feeling the weight of it as buildings began to rot and decay. She did not need words to express how she felt, to let Van know what consumed her at that very moment. Her crimson eyes spoke volumes that words could not as she stared at him. She hated him. The unbridled animosity she felt towards him was what fueled her rampage. The tendrils coiled around her hand and soon manifested a dagger, which she began to raise. It was quite clear what her intentions were as the blade did not even emit a menacing glint, the darkness that was beginning to consume them prohibited the light. Meanwhile, the Gunslinger frowned as he watched before he watched with apprehension at what the mage had done. He moved quickly to try to escape the falling building but as the edifice collapsed, his form was not seen.

van broke in sweat for a moment there as it would have seemed that he had faced certain death. From now, it was clear to estabilish that he was not as powerful as he used to be. Van had never feared death to begin with - but he would never submit to that fate until he drew a sword - or something else."Wha' was dat? A don' understan' ya?." His crimson eyes adjusted to give Blue a stare, before his expression changed to that of a meek smile. "How else em A supposed ta keep me promise?"

Leone was struck to the ground from Fiona's blow to the face. Normaly Leone would stand her ground, and strike back, but this was Fiona who had struck her. She smiled to Fiona before taking to her feet again, she was not hurt what so ever, but the situation looked bleak. Van was in danger, Leone knew little about him, and she was confused as to what was wrong with Fiona. There wasn't much time to do much else, she attempted to erect an invisible barrier around Van. Leone is weak in this aspect of her abilities, so it wouldn't hold for long, if Van didn't do anything he would surely die. Leone had no intension of attacking Fiona, what so ever. "Please stop Fiona..." Her attention mostly on Van. "What promise?"

Blue's eyes narrowed as Van spoke. The promise? He was a fool and one that was soon going to leave the physical realm. Just as her hand came into view, the object hanging off of her wrist caught her attention. Her eyes re-focused to the silver feather that hung innocuously from her wrist. She faultered at the sight of it as an unbearable pain manifested inside of her chest, making the void there all the more obvious that not even her anger and hatred could make her blind to. Her face twisted in anguish as she was reminded of what the feather had symbolized. The trust and the bond Van and Fiona had. But now it only represented broken promises and broken dreams. The anguish accumulated to an excruciating level and the tendrils expressed her turmoil as their eratic behavior escalated. She gripped the hilt of the dagger as her chest heaved with the maelstorm that was playing out within her and without a second thought, she raised the dagger into the air and brought it down into her intended victim. Blood pooled at her feet and dripped from her hands that were coiled around the dagger that was now lodged in her chest in an attempt to make the pain go away. Physical pain was more tolerable than this torture. Blue's eyes became vacant and the tendrils ceased abruptly in their movements, frozen in place. She heard her heart beat once before she fell to her knees.

Van's eyes widened in shock as the rest of the world around him ceased to exist for a moment, the truth bitterly sinking. Slow, but surely. Forces of emotion and shock brought moved his legs in such a rush that he had slid onto his knees to a stop. His hand would venture to take hold of the hilt before pulling it out in obvious futilty, his hand scorched by the remenants of the malice left, but it was irrelevant now. Van would never realize how fast the moments went, before he slid his one arm around Blue while the other hung like a piece of broken doll. "No. No. No. No. . " Van spoke in a low voice above a whisper as his head hung loosely over her right shoulder, face burying into the side of her neck. "Ye'r naw' dyin..Ya hear me..?! Ye'r naw'....dyin!"

Leone looked on, in shock, the barrier was released from Van. Her eyes seemed to grow blank, everything around her ceased in her mind, the only thing she saw was Fiona's blood covering the floor. Her eyes would soon turn to the dagger that landed at her feet, blood drenched. Fiona's heart seemed to stop, her hair blowing in the wind, her skirt fluttering gracefuly in the wind. Her mind was a blank.. she thought of nothing yet, it hadn't hit her but a moment later, after Van's cries of pain echoed through her soul, did she realize. The only person she had ever loved, or ever dreamed of, might die here, and she could do nothing but look on. Her steps were slow at first, before her steps quickened, almost as if it took forever for her to arive at Fiona and Van, she suddenly stopped, falling to her knees, almost as if she was in slow motion. Leone stared at the pool of blood that circled around her knees, she would look up seeing the back of Fiona's head. Reality hit hurt like a sack of rocks, tears flowed down her cheeks. "Please Fiona, you can't die." Frowning deeply, her emotions could snap at any moment, the only thing she could think of, is how to save Fiona. Her hands slid around Fiona's waist, and slid up to her chest gripping the wound, attempting to hold the blood within her.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 am

At that moment, Blue did not care that she was bleeding profusely as Van extracted the weapon. She did not care that his voice was beginning to become distant and that her vision was beginning to fail her. The malice that had oozed from her began to ebb as a physical indication of her fading condition. Time seemed to slow to a crawl. She simply listened with detached bemusement as Van demanded with futility that she was not to die and Leone pleaded. They were both imbeciles if they thought they could simply cease what was inevitable to happen by simple words. Although Van had always been an idiot. And he had always been a liar. The red haze that had consumed her vision faded. She had trusted him. She had been the foolish one for believing him. Believing that she, too, deserved better. Heh, she thought. It was humorous how she had honestly believed him. She hated the world. And she hated Van for filling her head and heart with false hopes and dreams. Of all the things she could hate the most, it was a liar. But in the end, it all came back to her own self-loathing. She was weak. She hated being weak. A sensation of deja vu passed over her. "Mother... I felt this way before once, too, with you, didn't I?" Blue's eyes slowly fell closed as her body became limp in Van's grasp and lost its warmth. It was silent and dark, an empty realm which she welcomed. A dark entity manifested before her in her mind's eye and stared at her with stark white eyes. Here, time was insignificant and irrelevant. "Do you want to die?" The omnipotent entity asked her. "No." Blue responded honestly. She may hate the world and everyone in it. But she was not suicidal. Especially not for obnoxious, idiotic, humiliating, ridiculous, unreliable, pronounciation challenged, lieing Van Hienkel. Her wound would suddenly seal close as dark matter caressed over it, only to reveal a scar thicker than what it had been before. An obsidian vapor flowed from her body as the dark matter evaporated then surged upwards with its own force before disappating into the ether. A couple silent and tense moments would pass before Blue's heart would give its first beat of many and would Blue gasp sharply for air as sweat spread across her forehead and her body shivered violently from the physical strain of the resurrection as it tried to regain warmth.

Van's arm would loosen slightly as he lifted his face, sensing a paradox in the picture. He brought his forward to lay girl upon it, before wiping his eyes as he noted the would seal. Blue had always retained a rapid form of regeneration that Van had grown accustomed to. But not when it came to the point of fatal blows. This must be the work of the entity laying dormant within it. It refuses to give up its host. "Blew?" His hand ventured over to clasp ths side of her face.

Leone watched as Fiona's wound would suddenly seal close, as dark matter caressed over it, she moved her hand from the wound watching as the obsidian vapor flowed from Fiona's body the dark matter evaporated then surged upwards with its own force before disappating into the ether. Curiously watching the display before her, she allowed Van to take hold of Fiona, curious as to what had just happened. "Whats happening? Fiona?" Normaly Leone would be jealous of Van for touching Fiona in such a caring manner, but at the moment it didn't concern her. She only feared the worse for Fiona, her long lost friend.

Blue was cold to the touch but she was breathing. It was uncomfortable to take in breath as her organs began to function once more but color was returning to her skin. Her response to being spoken to was her brows furrowing before her eyes parted slightly. They were sapphire once more and no longer retained the animosity and malice that had been running rampant moments ago. She waited for her eyes to focus before Van's face became clear as she simply stared at him silently as she tried to regain her orientation and thoughts. Where was she again? She blinked once in confusion, her thoughts in dissarray as she recovered. "...Van?" She frowned and tried to sit up on her own but found it difficult as her body was still stiff, her hand coming up to impulsively cover over her emphasized scar as if she gain some measure of discomfort in that area. She heard another voice and what caught her attention was that this person had addressed her by her real name as she slowly looked over to Leone. Blue was obviously disoriented and almost appeared lost as she remained quiet.

“Hey. You three look like you need a drink, rough day, huh?” Heads would lift in response to a good natured rather odd-good natured Henry as he came over ever so slowly, the eyes returning to their previous colorful state. He gave Van an examining stare, noting the crimson eyes before flicking an invisible hat to Leone. Van didn’t respond much at first, he simply released a shivering sigh of relief when he Blue’s voice. His form shivered uncontrollably as his fingers tightened around Blue’s shoulder, as if to make sure that she was there. Henry’s smile would fade as his ears perked to the sound of rubble and ash, when the Gunslinger emerged from the remains of Henry’s work, still at large, though exhausted and angered beyond his usual cool composure. One arm was broken. He whirled his frost Gun before launching a blast, directly towards the gathering, hoping to atleast accomplish one murder through the day. That Mage, his target – or that annoying tree hurling wench. A growl sounded from within the gathering, as Van leapt and rushed through with sword held in his good hand, dangling from his rear. The projectile would scrape off the man’s dislocated shoulder, throwing him off balance to tumble along the cobblestones, though not before his sword was thrown in a mighty hurl which pierced and caused the Gunslinger to sail into a large sheet of concrete like a dead fly. Van would hit his face painfully, before slowly but surely lifting himself with his good arm to catch the last breaths of a dying pig. He gritted his teeth, wishing he had done more, wishing he had came earlier, wishing that the man had come to taste the full measure of his rage. Van’s breath shivered before he inhaled and roared “DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!” Van’s voice echoed throughout the hollow state which had engulfed the merridean. Moments of silence past, Henry going over to look at Van, almost attempting to touch him before he knew he should do otherwise. Van’s fingers would protrude towards the blade, the sword unlatching itself before flying and tumbling across the cobblestones, crawling back like a snake afterwards to Van’s grasp. Henry stared at his left arm, the fabrics ripped, skin color withered and flesh torn. “Won’t be hard an uneducated to fool to understand that your arm’s infected – badly.” Henry spoke in a low voice above a whisper. Van would take a moment before responding. “Really now?” With his sword’s leverage, Van brought his himself to a stand. He didn’t bother looking at it. Instead, Van moved the blade beneath his left armpit. “What are you –“ Before Henry could finish the sentence, Van’s blade arced, mercilessly piercing the flesh and dismantling the arm off. The blade sang as it glowed with fire, burning self infliction before too much blood could flow out. His form shivered with pain and discust. “Mmmm!” Van lowered his blade, heaving. “Say – ya – wouldn’ know a place where we could stay?” Henry’s lips narrowed as he sighed out the tension of the sight, keeping his cool. “Sure thing.”

Leone looked to Fiona with a huge sigh of relief as Fiona looked to her. "Your amazing! I'm so glad your okay!" Leone moved closer to Fiona, placing her hand gently over her stomach. "I was so worried about you..." Leone's tears dried up, almost as soon as she relized Fiona was alive, the next phase of grief would not have been so pleasent. Leone gave a quick glance to Henry, but was curious what he was flicking at, she simply said, "Hi" and turned her head back to Fiona. As Van leaped into combat, Leone would take hold of the recovering woman, and would look on as Van slaughtered the Gunslinger. Turning back to what actualy mattered to her. "Can you stand?" She paused, before helping Fiona to her feet.

Blue was unresponsive as she simply stared at the concrete beneath her, her expression distant as she tried to think. She was vaguely aware of a hand at her shoulder and of people speaking around her as she took slow, steady breaths. She was aware that the hand at her shoulder was quivering. She nearly fell over when Van left in order to eliminate the remaining threat if it weren't for Leone who came over immediately afterwards to keep her steady. Blue closed her eyes momentarily but would eventually try to stand with Leone's assistance. Her limbs had difficulties obeying and Blue found herself stumbling repeatedly and finding her motor functions unreliable. It was more than likely the organ in her cranium could have suffered damage during that small period when it did not have a sufficient amount of oxygen. Dieing and then being ressurrected could have dire consquences to the physical vessel but Blue stubbornly remained on her feet, putting most of her weight against Leone so the answer to the question was more than obvious. By the time Henry would guide them to a place they could reside it, Blue was recovering and had enough strength and control to stand on her own but resorted to sitting on the floor in a corner. Blue was certain to let Leone know that she needed her personal space by shooting her glares whenever Blue felt that she was invading her personal space. Blue did not want to be touched. She did not want to be spoken to. She wanted to be left alone while she and everyone else recovered as she drew her legs to her chest and stared at nothing iin particular as she contemplated and waited for any information about their living quarters, whether they would have seperate rooms or if they would have to sleep together.

"Henry slid the curtains quietly to peek with a careful eye over at Van outside in the woods, cleaving the partitions of wood to be prepared for the hearth - which was already on fire. There was enough wood in the house to keep it going for two days. It may have not been the most mature choice of activity, but he was in a turmoil that Henry chose to not interfere with. And to make things sure that no intervention whatsoever was to occur, he would stay up to keep them away from each other. He admired the Barbarian Prince - unconquerable resolve - but at the same time, pitied him, espicially when he continued to work even after a moment of spilling blood, even with one arm. When he saw it happening again, he decided that he had enough. It was not going to interfere with the man's choices. He looked over at Leone, noting her concern regarding Blue. "I got all kinds of books for you upstairs in the attic. I read a bit of everything." Henry gestured kindly, smiling meekly. "Everybody's taking his side of the corner in the middle of the night. Maybe you should too."

Leone picked up the vibes Fiona was sending her, and without question, or answers, she could tell that there was a bigger picture, but she would have to wait for answers. She looked to Henry, "Thank you kindly sir, yes I wouldn't mind something to read." Before giving Fiona one more glance, still worried to some degree, and still her mind had thousands of questions, not only relating to the events that transpired, but questions for Fiona also. Leone gave Henry a nod, showing that she was ready to be lead to the books he spoke of. She was hoping that it might take her mind off her hunger, and off her questions.

Last edited by Blue on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:11 am

Blue was silent, withdrawn into her own world but she did watch as Henry would eventually lead Leone up to the attic so that she could choose between the variety of books he had to offer her to preoccupy her time with until each person had time to recuperate and gather their thoughts and emotions. Blue would stand and move to exit through the back door. She would not leave the premises but simply sit down outside and lean against the wall to gaze out into the distance. Away from the sound of chopping wood and from the two other presences in the house. There were many things that would need to be attended to. She would need to face Leone about the circumstances of The Leaders. And she would need to decide whether she hated Van for trying to abandon her. Or if she hated herself for even bothering to wait. She sighed softly. Attachment were such liabilities. Only if you weren't prepared. Her lip twitched. She couldn't recall where she had heard that phrase from. She brought her legs back up to her chest and would rest her head on her knees as she closed her eyes. Everyone was stressed tonight and had their own demons to conquer. Blue would eventually bring herself to reach into the pocket of her blue overcoat that was fitted over her white shirt and took out a small note pad. She opened it up to a page where it had her math notes in it and began to read the formulas and information she had jotted down. Not like she was going to be attending school any time soon. If ever again but she quietly studied to preoccupy herself like she had done over the past three years. It had become her escape, an alternative to the cutting and killing to curb her boredom and her anxiety.

An hour weny by. Henry having introduced his so called 'library'. The place was a bloody mountain, but conveniently enchanted. Leone would find herself dealing with manners of Arcane she had never seen before. Whenever a thought struck her head, the volumes and books changed accordingly with a subtle light. Whenever Henry insisted that she pulled one from a pillar, the books never fell. Instead, floated through the air and reorganized upon their own. Another hour, stew and bread was served. The hours continued and the silence took over. He expected Leone to have fallen asleep upstairs. Henry paced out to give Van a glimpse, not liking what he saw, but did not say a word. He gently approached Blue, whom like Van never touched her food. He decided to lean against the other side of the wall, looking up at the skies with a meek smile. "Hey there, stranger.." Henry began casually.

Leone entertained herself for hours, just playing with the magicaly books upstairs, eventualy she did pick out a book. All the magic she had seen, peaked her curiousity, so she found a book about magic. Leone wouldn't fall asleep, she would lay awake reading through thousands of Henry's books. Like a sponge or a super computer, she would gather all the information from anything she learns, and anything she reads. Although Leone isn't the smartest girl in the world or anything, she does learn easily and reading brought a peace of mind to her soul. Her hunger would hopefuly not get the best of her, she craved for an odd source of food, that wouldn't be obtained easily. She would surpress it as much as she could. Not many know of Leone's conditions, and she rather it stayed that way.

Her food had possibly grown cold by now but hunger was not the farthest thing on her mind as she intently read her notes. She was unresponsive to Henry's presence as he once more approached but finally acknowledged him as he spoke to her. "Aye?" She asked without taking her eyes away from the notepad, turning to the next page to continue studying. The only reason she could see Henry approaching her was either he was lonesome and wanted company and decide she was the best option or he was after something. But her mood was not as dark as it had been before, but with everyone's instability, namely Van's and Blue's, it was still wise to tread with caution. But Blue was known to be resilient. True, she had her insecurities, but she did not roll over and die. She forged forward because life was not all sunshine and butterflies. She was a realist. The world was a cruel and cold place. The weak were weeded out and the strong survived. It had molded her to the girl Van had met. To Blue's perception, that resolution had faltered when Van came into the picture and gave her a reason to hope. And she did not want to be a dreamer. She turned the page again and waited for Henry to get to the point.

"Right. I"ve been a bar tender for nine years, heard people talk, listened to their problems, sometimes overheard them - and - I've been reading ever since I could remember. Kain Oaksman, Robert Shire, Matthew Doorman. . .All of which suggested that whenever a problem is unsolved, its best to leave it for the next generation or for the problem to die on its own." Henry's arms lifted to cross over his chest, eyes lowering to his feet. "I also discovered that most of thinkers, decipherers, realists, democrats and communists fail at one point. Consulting common sense. They like to study how things were done, and tend to ignore Why they were done. They simply assume that the fault is unreasonable and fail to see past the good of it, which means ignoring the second most important question in Physics. Why...?" Henry would pause for a moment. "Kids sometimes have a better saying then adults. Better to be safe then sorry." Henry allowed himself to look at her notebook for a moment, before getting an idea. "You know what makes students fail at math, even though they know the formula? They tend to classify the problem as unsolvable and move onto to the next one, then find out later that the answer was right infront of them - and lose all the credit they could've gotten from it - forever."

Leone would set the book shes reading aside, holding her stomach for a moment, before deciding to open the window to the attic. The fresh air was nice, but it wouldn't calm her nerves, her hands started to shake, the hunger was setting in. She had restrained herself before, but this time, it may be slightly more difficult to contain. She was tempted to confront Henry, to see if maybe he could help her. But the thought of anyone but herself knowing about her conditition, would make her feel very uncomfortable. Her adopted parents didn't even know about it. To control herself, she would try to continue reading, hoping that it would be enough.

Even though Blue did not put her notepad down as Henry spoke, she listened. She lowered the notepad once he was done and finally looked in his direction. "And what do you expect me to do?" She asked. This had been what she had wanted, right? For Van to return. To know he was alive. And now that he was here, now that she had him in arm's reach, why wasn't she grasping the chance? Were her emotions and feelings of betrayal getting in the way? She had vowed to wait. And she had waited and Van was here. "Are you suggesting I should confront Van?" She asked as she stared at him before asking. "Let me guess, he hasn't passed out yet from chopping wood? Or has he?"

"I'm just saying - maybe you haven't heard the truth - or seen things after they were realized. Ok, so maybe thats like confronting him." Henry allowed himself a step forward to look at Van from the distance. "He's - concious. He just doesn't look so good."

Blue listened to Henry before sighing and tucking the notepad away. "Alright," she stated once she came to a decision and would stand as she brushed her skirt off. She did not think either her or Van were in the condition to actually quarrel so hopefully their temporary abode would remain intact after this encounter as she would step away and walk around the house to where Van was still intent on his own activity. She stopped only a couple yards away to observe him and crossed her arms. "You know, there are other alternatives to vent that are healther than burning yourself out until you pass out." She said calmly to announce her presence.

Van had been lying over the floor, faced down in an absolute mess, heaving slowly in such an audible manner that he had exhausted his lungs. Any many in his position would probably be dead by now. Crimson tainted the snow-covered grass. His eyes shifted slightly to note Blue as he heard her voice. Expression changing to a meek smile, vaguely apparent though. "A jus' thaw' we needed da extra wood." Van attempted a weak chuckle, though even that was painful. He paused for a moment, attempting to move but finding himself unable to lift his own wieght, so he submitted to his form for now. "Ay - neva lied ta ya, ya noe." He began. "Da day A came ova ta skewl, A thought A'd bi able to tell ya who A really was after A realized whom ye were. But when A've really seen how ye've changed - A thought - what kin'ova selfish bas'ard A'd bi ta take ya away again..? Why expose'er ta a life of persecution when she'd betta off be here..?" He coughed. "How in da world - will my existance provide any greata' difference then tha'..? Then when A los' me arm, A realized dat A had defied a promise...A'm here. A'm naw' - goin anaywhere.." At that statement, Van would whimper slightly. Perhaps his first display of sincere emotion. His hand lifted to bat away a tear, clearly embarressed. "So tell me, Blew..Do ya see me in ye'r wounds wheneva ya cut ye'rself? Em A so selfish afterall...?

Blue would come to take a seat next to Van as she noticed he was laying on the ground, faced down. She didn't reach out to touch him or help him roll over. He didn't ask and he seemed to have accepted his position. He was obviously in horrible condition at the moment and was surprised he was not deceased. She hoped he would not pass cause then she would never forgive him. She listened silently but his question on whether she saw him in her wounds whenever she cut herself made her flinch and clench her hands. "Shut up," she whispered and reached out to gently reposition him, moving his head to rest in her lap as she stared down at him sadly. "Just shut up," she demanded in a pained voice and would rest her hand upon his cheek tenderly. She would never forgive him if he died now because he was an idiot and pushed his already declining body to its limit. At least he could have died in battle or by her hands, for pete's sake. Not cause of stupidity. But for now, she did not care any more if he had honestly planned to leave her after he had discovered her or whether he had actually planned to stay. None of that mattered now. She felt another sensation of deja vu hit her as painful memories of her mother emerged. She had lost her chance then. She wouldn't make the same mistake again. "I'm sorry..." She murmured. Her own naivity and stupidity had nearly gotten them both killed as she felt a wave of guilt set in. Perhaps her life had gotten better since Van had been away. Perhaps she had no longer had to travel, had settled down and gotten a career. Even had gone to school. Her life may have appeared to be going on the right track. But all of that was meaningless if she was not happy. Even with all the promising and fulfilling things that had happened, nothing had filled the void. She hadn't made any real friends. Henry she saw as more of an acquiantance than friend. She never shared secrets with him or told him how her day was. Her worries or her fears. And discrimation? The people at school discriminated her all the time and did not understand her. It had all just become a routine and it had not made her any happier since the day she had become seperated from him. She exhaled heavily and stroked his cheek as she gazed down at him quietly. "You don't understand me yet you do more than anyone else." She murmured and sighed. "I may have changed but that does not mean I'm any happier than I was before. You're my friend. I would rather face the dangers with you than without you. Isn't that what friends are for?" She tapped his nose. "So aye, you aren't going anywhere cause I won't let you."

"Really now...?'" A soft smile crossed his face, his one arm lifting in a weak matter in attempt to touch her face. "Guess - A'm more - lucky den A - though'..." With that, his hand fell to his side and the Barbarian prince went off concious. Dehydration, hunger and some loss of blood..That was enough of an excuse.

Leone's eyes would gaze away from the book, her senses were heightening, she was becoming blood thirsty. The smell of blood resonated into her nostrils, the scent of weak prey was near. The window still open, her eyes stared down at Van and Fiona, unable to focus on their conversation, and unable to comprehend her human nature. She wasn't human anymore, her vampiric nature was taking hold of her. She was crazy, uncontrollable, unpredictable, and capable of destroying anyone in her way, she hadn't completely let go of her humanity just yet. It was still enough to drive her to kill, she would leap from the window above, landing graceful below, behind Fiona.She was in a standing position, her eyes glowing a deep red, her fangs extended over her lips, her skin much paler than normal. Her glare to Van was intense, burning a hole through Fiona, unable to see her at all. The blood that surrounded Van was intoxicating to her body that acted on its own, and nothing would stop her from taking blood... Her violent gaze stopped for a moment, she took control of her body for a moment, she didn't want Van, she wanted Fiona. Moving behind Fiona, wiether she had noticed or not, she pounced on her, cling her arms around her waist, and widing her mouth. Mouth opened wide, like a vampire horror story, just before she takes a bite, her fangs dig deep into Fionas neck. -kap chu- with that Leone sucked a small amount of blood from Fiona, and released her, coming back to her senses. She released her neck, and licked the blood from her lips. “Your bloods so sweet Fiona.” She said with a big grin on her face. The moment would only last a few seconds, but the blood she received revived her entirely. It made her feel even stronger than normal, just after a meal and having it been Fiona’s blood it made it all the more satisfying.

Blue was preparing to take Van into the house when suddenly Leone appeared. The young woman was different than when she saw her last as Blue stared at her and wondered what she was planning. What happened in the next few moments was utterly unexpected as Blue twitched from reflex as Leone bit her on the neck and then pulled away. Blue merely gave her an idle stare but the corner of her eye noticeably twitched. Next thing Leone would know, Blue punched her in the face with enough force to throw her back before Blue picked Van up and brought him into the house so that she could tend to him and watch him throughout the night. That was Leone's warning that Blue did not like to be touched and she certainly did not like to be bitten if she did not give her permission to do so.

[And apologies for the many grammatical and spelling errors, I'm half asleep at the moment so did not go through to proof read. This is all for now and will possibly be posting more tomorrow. Hope you have fun reading. ^_^ ]
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 am

Henry sighed once he discovered the reason behind that muffled thud upon the grass. Oh well, he never really liked vampires anyway. That is not to say of course that he had anything against Leone. The door sighed as he made an entrance, noting that Blue had taken the liberty to lift the patient along the stairs. Not that she minded. He followed room into the bedroom. 'Need help?"

Leone should have expected it by now considering Fiona's recent assualts against Leone. The impact would send her flying into a tree, breaking through the thick trunk and landing in the only visable patch of grass. The winter snow fluttered gracefully to the ground around her, as peaceful as everything was. Only Leone's grunts could be heard as she took to her feet and headed back inside. She didn't mins Fiona's violence towards her, infact she may actually like it. She would walk past them heading into the attic for the rest of the night she would read books and watch the snow fall.

Blue would nod as she would set Van down upon the bed. She had not asked whether this was Henry's room, whether it was another room entirely or what not. Right now she did not care. She was only concerned of Van's welfare. He had lost a lot of blood and had stressed his body out only moments earlier. His condition looked bleak. Blue would look to Henry. "You would not know any healing spells, would you? If not, we're going to need some supplies to disinfect his wounds and seal them."

"Can't say I've got what it takes to be a healer - in terms of magic ofcourse." Henry said, giving himself the liberty to place a palm over the man's head before withdrawing his hand. "I'm good with first aid though. Treatment's pretty basic, but he's already half dead. I'll do what I can." Henry would reach into a drawer before lifting a rather heavy luggage that presented the symbol of first aid. He began to unbuckle the locks, before extracting a bag of glucose. Its contents soon to find its way into Van's veins as he attached his one arm to it. Henry, out of habit, would place one hand over the man's stomache and try to reach for the other, only to stumble back and recollect the idea that Van that dismantled that arm hours ago. "Sorry about that. I'll go grind up some herbs."

Blue would nod slowly and watch Henry as he administered the first aid that he could. Once Henry would leave to go prepare some herbs, Blue came to pull a chair up to the bed so that she could take a seat beside it. She stared at Van quietly before speaking "I won't ever forgive you if you don't live, you idiot." But for now, she would trust that his unusual recovery for a human would pull him through the night. She was also remaining beside him just to make sure Leone did not try to harm Van as Blue touched her neck where Leone had bitten her, the puncture wounds already gone and leaving faint signs of their existance.

And in that silence, it would occur to Blue that Van did change as he had spoken once. Though, the haze may have blinded her from the picture. Here lied a man, perhaps slightly older then the Van she knew. White hair that shoulder length, more mild then the loose flowing raven colored torch Van retained. The face rigid, with the cheekbones almost peeking out. His skin indicated age - and illness. The scars that once oriented his body like mural was no longer there. Eventually, the man awoke, crimson eyes being the evidence of his identity. His lips moved..."Wa..ta..."

Now that Blue was not distracted by danger and chaos, she had the chance to notice how drastically Van had changed. She now realized why she had not recognized him at first, aside from the fact he had spoken perfect english when they first met. He held no resemblance to the man she knew before. He looked far older than he should. Was this really the man with the obnoxiously cheerful attitude, with raven black hair and prominent crimson streaks and bright red eyes? Her question was answered when his eyes open. There was no mistaking those eyes. The eyes that were able to see her. Actually see her instead of merely look. Blue felt herself stirr inwardly before she heard him try to speak. Blue would stand and depart momentarily in order to grab a container to pour water in and return to him. She would support his head with one hand while gently placing the edge of the container to his lips to allow him the chance to drink. "You need to rest," she softly pointed out as she waited for Henry to return with the prepared herbs.

van would cough choke slightly over the contents, his body responding violently to the supplement it yearned for, for hours, only to have its master deprive it from it. He eventually balanced and drank, some of the contents spilling from the side of his face. Van gasped, relieved..His eyes began to survey the room, attempting to register his whereabouts. "Blew..?" He knew she was there, though had to hold something in reassurance. His hand searched for her own. "A need ta tell ya somethin'..."

Blue was careful, not allowing him to drink too much of it too fast. She did not know how long he had gone without water. Or food. If he had been starving, it would not be wise to allow him to eat too much too soon. Once he seemed satisfied for now, his thirst quenched, she pulled the container away and placed it on the nightstand close to the bed. She saw his hand wandering and would reach it to give it a reassuring grasp to let him know she was not going anywhere. "Aye?" She asked as she gazed down at him, curious as to what he wanted to say to her. She thought he had said everything that he wanted to earlier on. She wondered if he forgot something.

"Blew...' He spoke in a relieving sigh, eyes closing slightly as in obvious expression of reassurance. "A'm dyin. . Naw' tommorow, naw' after. Jus' - A dunno jus' how much A'll bi able ta hold out in dis host." Van would pause for a moment, taking in a deep breath. "When da dam was demoilished, we were both dragged across diverse paths..Ye ta safety - and Ay to an ambush. Some - sorcery - A donno wha' it was.A can' rememba...All A know was dat a woke beneath a coffin in anotha' man's tomb..This body's not mine..Neva was...."

Blue listened as she leaned over him in order to hear him better. It was then that he told her what was happening with him and why he was withering away. Blue frowned as she heard all of this. This was not good. And if he could not remember, where were they to start? "I see. Well you should try to rest for now. There's no need to escalate the degeneration of the body you have now. Then we can decide what we're going to do. See if we can figure this out and try to get your old body back if it's possible." She stated as she pushed back locks of hair from his forehead.

Van's eyes would open momentarily in a lazy - fatigue manner to examine Blue's own, savoring he silence at that moment in which the world almost ceased to exist but her - and this moment. The illusion drew a smile upon the Barbarian Prince's face. "Come ta think of it..A don' min' bein' 'ere.' His eyes ventured towards the window from which he stared at trees swaying gracefully in the dark distance. "Its hard ta breath air like this. . . Serenity at long last..."

Blue blinked as she watched Van smile and spoke. It drew a small blush to her but she merely sighed and stared down at him. "Don't get all sappy with me now," she stated. She just thought he had lost too much blood and it was getting to his head. But at least he seemed emotionally stable for now and so was she as she glanced out the window as well. She couldn't stay here and talk with Van the entire time. She would eventually need to confront Leone about The Leaders since it appeared they had been tracking her and this led them to Blue as well. That or Leone was working for The Leaders. Blue did not trust her at all right now. "You should get some rest," she insisted after a silent moment passed.

"Oh, A'll be restin fer a while..." Van spoke in a low voice above a whisper, allowing himself to sink backwards into the bed. "A haen' had a proper sleep on a bed fer ten years..."

"You could have always slept with me, y'know," she pointed out and sighed again before she got comfortable in her seat. "Just close your eyes and go to sleep," she instructed. She decided she would confront Leone in the morning. For now, she wanted to keep Van company. And she wanted his. She gazed out the window while she kept hold of his hand, lightly stroking it with her thumb. For once for the past three years, she felt at peace again without needing to escape into her school work or preoccupy herself with needless activities. The night would pass by calmly as long as there was no interferences. Once morning arrived, Blue finally pried herself away from Van's side in order to find Leone. Last time she knew, Leone was in the attic. And as far as she heard, Leone had not left as Blue ascended into the attic and looked around. "Girl?" She called out. "Are you still here?"

Fiona would find Leone staring out the window, watching the peaceful morning snow start to melt. Leone wouldn't turn around yet before responding. "Girl? So you really have forgotten who I am.. Fiona?" Her body would turn, leaning against the window seal. Her amethyst eyes would take a stare to Fiona. "You know, I have been looking for you, for years now. I was always afraid that would forget me. I guess it can't be helped." Her head lowered as if she wasn't happy about something.

Blue quirked a brow at the woman's words. "No. I know your name. It's Leone. I just choose not to use it." She stated bluntly. She approached her and crossed her arms. "I'm not here to talk about the past. What do you know about The Leaders?" She asked. "I don't care if we were class mates, or if we were friends, or if we are even sisters. You brought The Leaders here. That Gunslinger said your name." She accused and her eyes narrowed. "Are you working for them? If you are, you are not going to leave here alive," she threatened. "So if you don't want any harm to come to you, you will tell me everything you know or I'll just take it by force."

Leone was somewhat surprised by what she had to say about the gunslinger, having her own brow left. "I haven't been involved with the leaders since the day we both escaped the lab. Thats the truth, I haven't wanted anything but to find you." She would take a seat in a chair facing Fiona. "Your psychic right? I'm giving you permission to read my mind if you want. Your the only one I would allow to do so. Other than that, I can't honestly prove it to you. Know I would never do anything to hurt you Fiona" A grin rose on her face.

Blue frowned at her. She did not trust Leone. Whether she believed her or not was another story. "Yes, I am psychic and so are you." She stated. "Yes, I could find out the truth but looking into your head or I could be falling into a trap and have you assault me mentally while we are physically connected." Blue said calmly before leaning toward her with narrow eyes. "Stop grinning," she stated coldly. "I am not your friend. I am not the Fiona you use to know. You will call me by Blue and Blue alone, understand?" She said firmly. "And you are not leaving. If I even sense you taking more than five steps from this house, I will kill you." She said honestly as her eyes glared at her menacingly before Blue finally stood back. "And as a side note. I don't like being touched and I certainly don't like being bitten so refrain from doing so unless you want me to do more than just punch your face."

Leone looked to Fiona, "A trap? honestly, the best time to kill you, would have been any time before now or maybe while I held you in my arms, in your weakened state. Why didn't I take that chance? I'm not her to hurt you, if I was, it would have happened already." She said calmly, ignoring her statement about smiling, she continued to smile, finding Fiona amusing at this point. "Blue? what happened to Rose?" She stated. "Well if your to be called Blue, then I'm to be called Leone, not girl. Now that we have the names out of the way, I'm pleased to meet you, again." She said, nodding happily. Leone didn't look at Fiona being a threat at all, she has never worried about dieing before, and now that she has met her long lost friend, she didn't much care for idle threats. Leone took a stand, staring eye to eye with Fiona. “About me biting you...” Her head would turn to the ground, somewhat embarrassed. “I’m really sorry about that.. hmm you see, I’m not human, and I needed blood or I would die, or get really, really tired. Please don’t tell anyone about that. Its a personal thing, your the only one I wanted to share it with, although that wasn’t how I intended to show you.” Her headed tilted slightly. “I’m sorry I lead the leaders here.... It may be best if we leave as soon as possible. They wont stop at that, and it will only get worse. Don’t worry, I won’t leave..” Although she had brushed the threat of completely, she wanted to try and reassure her.

Blue continued to frown as she stared at Leone and listened to what she had to say. "Whatever, Leone." Blue emphasized sarcastically. She still did not trust the girl. And until she was certain Leone did not work for The Leaders, the girl was not going anywhere. As for not telling anyone what she is, Blue could only quirk a brow in confusion. Why would it matter? Van had chopped off his arm and had super human strength along with a cursed sword. Blue had psychic powers and inhuman strength as well. And Henry. Well hell he was a mage. Blue thought Leone's insistence to keep what she was a secret was just ridiculous but Blue just sighed. "Alright. And yes, we will leave. Once Van is well enough to get up on his own. So one more thing. If you ever hurt him, I will make sure your death will be slow." She threatened. "Henry is downstairs if you need anything. I'm going back to Van." She announced before she turned and left.

"Fio... Blue hmm..." She watched as Blue left the area, and before following her down. "But... your the one.. that hurt Van?.." She questioned, only to shrug and follow after her, taking one of Henry's books, she had picked a favorite out to read for today. Was anyone else awake yet?
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:26 am

"What did I say about following me?" Fiona brought up as she sensed the woman following her back downstairs as she headed back to the room where she had left Van in. She opened the door and stepped into the room before she approached the bed. Since Van had survived the night, Blue hoped that meant he had a little bit more time before his host's body no longer functioned. If Leone had insisted on following, Blue felt confident enough to protect Van if the woman decided to show her true nature. "How are you doing?" Blue asked Van when she noticed he was awake while she stood beside the bed and crossed her arms.

He had been placing a gentle hand over the socket from which his arm was dismantled, a timid expression obvious just as Blue walked in, before he registered her presence, smiling meekly. "Samtimes, A think its 'till der." He said, shifting himself to a seat at the edge of his bed. "Min' if A see ye'r book?"

She gave a shrug to Blues question, the house wasn't that big, where else was she to go? "She stopped at the side of Vans bed, and handed him the book. The title read: "How to Raise a Dog" she enjoyed animal books, and other such things, wildlife interested her, along with a lot of other things. The book mark she had placed, was on a page with a picture of a Husky. "How are you feeling Van? Anything I can get you?"

Blue glanced toward the area where Van's left arm had once been attached to before she shook her head. "You did what you had to," she stated before she glanced to Leone who had come with her and who handed Van her book. Blue could not decipher as to why Van wanted to see Leone's book but Blue did not question it and instead would merely observe the two interact momentarily. She hoped Van would soon be well enough to travel. They could not linger. If one of The Leader's henchmen had found her, there would be more to follow. Blue sighed and moved to the window as she allowed the two to interact while she gazed out the window and gently brushed her hair back behind her shoulders. With her more stable life before all that had happened, she did not find it necessary to cut her hair. It did sometimes get in the way when she went on bounties but she went so infrequently that it did not matter. But if they were going to go on the road again, perhaps she should shorten it again as she toyed with a strand and studied her reflection in the glass.

Van flipped through the pages in vague signs of interest at first, until he saw an index that mentioned the types of dogs. His eyes lingered over the information of a few, perhaps having his own personal relation with in the past. With his fingers, Van folded the book closed before once again returning to Leone with a nod of acknowledgment. "How were the herbs?" Henry said just as he had entered. Van's eyed the bowl he had left empty over by the small table. "Terrible." He responded. "Pleasure's all mine." The mage acknowledged, knowing full well of the bitterness that Van endured during his consumption. "Any friend of Blue's is a friend of mine."

Leone gave Van a smile, and took a seat across the room, opening her book and continuing to read it. After a few moments she would look up, not really looking at anyone in particular. "When do you think Van will be well enough for us to move out?" After asking the question, she would turn back to her book, reading more about her favorite dogs, after crossing her legs and pulling her skirt over her knee.

Blue looked back when she heard Henry step into the room and make his presence known. She quirked a brow at his statement but did not comment on it as she turned to approach him. "Henry, I'm sure you know this by now but I'll have to resign from my position as your bouncer due to personal circumstances. As well as it's hard to be a bouncer when you have no tavern. I also wanted to apologize for that," she stated calmly before Leone brought up an important question. Blue now looked to Van since he was the one who would decide when he felt well enough to travel though she had a feeling that if he was still in pain, he would want to go anyways.

Henry waved his hand in a friendly dismissal. "Wouldn't bother staying in Merridean either what happened. By now, I'm sure some witnesses would have figured out that Henry's not my real name." The former bar tender winked. "Marcus Stormrunner, uncollected Bounty." Henry's look would then shift over to Van's form. "How are you?" Van summoned his sword hand. "Neva bin betta." He said, making a slow stand.

Leone looked up from her book. "So where should we go next? I have traveled alot in my search for Blue, so doesn't matter much to me." With that, she took to her book again, awaiting a response from someone. From this point on, Leone would follow Blue, just because she wants to be near her, even though Blue has no interest in her what so ever. Shes more or less, like a lost puppy.

Blue listened to the conversation while she crossed her arms again. "It all depends on what environment we would want to move into. A place where we can easily blend into and no one would pay any mind to us which more than likely would involve a city or a large town or do we want to go to a small settlement where the world wouldn't care less of but our unfamiliar faces would be scrutinized." Blue stated. "But I don't think I'll enjoy running forever. At some point, we have to turn around and make a stand. This will have to stop sooner or later. The Leaders are after all three of us."

In the midst of all of this, Van's brows arched to a frown as he felt the blade vibrate to life beneath him. The sword would hum in such a manner that it would perk the interests of all those present. "Some'an's out der." Van announced, glancing over the window. All could see the shadow of a man whom stood beneath the shade of a tree, apparently aware that he was spotted. Though - he never moved an inch.

Leone would seem excited to hear Blue actually include her into something, she would hide it by covering her face with her book. She would take note of Van's sword, curious of it, but she wouldn't ask a question, for she had just noticed the person outside as well. She would close her book, after placing her book mark in her spot, and setting it aside. "Who's that?" She asked before taking to a stand.

Blue would move to the window to look outside. "Guess we'll soon find out," she stated and would move to exit the room. She stepped outside and popped her knuckles. She did not know who this person was or why they were here but she would be prepared for a confrontation as she approached the individual that was standing beneath the cover of a tree. "What is your business for being here?" She questioned, crossing her arms and staring at the individual as she looked to their face.

"I have long waited for this moment." A voice Blue had not heard for years. Hictor stepped out of the shadow just as Van and the others began to emerge, leaning against his staff with a light smile, regarding Van with a shady stare as he approached next to Blue's side. "Aquaintince..?" "No, Barbarian Prince of Arkin. Just an informer." Hictor said in a low voice above a whisper, before shifting to regard. "You've grown hair since I saw you. Though, it would seem at long last - you've found what you had always wanted. . . Congratulations, Fiona Driedre. You have made tremendous progress - though you still have much to learn." Van's arm would suddenly jolt as Furiyen began to shift uneasily, causing the Barbarian Prince to slash aimlessly along the wind before he found himself pointing the blade inches away from Hictor's unflinching face. Hictor would stare at the blade for a long moment before his lips moved. 'My - son. . ."

Leone leaned against the doorway, listening to the conversation at hand, wondering who this man was. Before turning to go in and get her book, she would come back out to listen to the rest of the conversation. She sized this new man up, curious about him, but mostly about what he was saying to either Van, or his odd sword.

Blue's eyes flashed with recognition as she heard the voice before she whispered. "Hictor," in acknowledgement before the others emerged and Van came to stand beside her. Blue listened and observed the interaction between Hictor and Van, the way that Hictor regarded Van. She wondered if Hictor had anything against the Barbarian Prince. And if he did, why? Blue's attention was drawn back to Hictor as he began to speak to her once more and she subconsciously rose a hand to touch her hair as he spoke of it. "Aye," she whispered as he spoke that she had found what she had always wanted at long last, giving Van a glance before her eyes once more fell upon Hictor. Though what transpired next was unexpected. "Your son?" Blue gave him a quizzical look before looking to Van and Furiyen as if they had answers to this unusual situation.

Van looked at Blue and shook his head, obviously troubled by the same curiosity. His son..? Not him, ofcourse - Henry didn't seem to react. "Furiyen?" Van blinked slowly. "This is your - son? You forged - " "He forged his own fate, having almost followed the same path Fiona's father had in the past." Van was shocked. 'What?' "A stor for another time. We have little of it left."

"Why only a little bit of it?" Blue asked as she looked to Hictor. She did not know the circumstances that led to this. Of how Hictor was Fury's father and how Fury had ended up as a cursed sword. She paused and contemplated for a moment. Wait. If Hictor was Fury's father. And Fury lived longer than Van. That meant. She stared at Hictor with a peculiar expression. "Hictor. You're old."

"Only in the harsh common planes of terminology, regarding the science of chronology!" Hictor brought up an index finger in a manner of fact tone, though lowered his chin onto his staff as he spoke under his breathe. "Or was it vice-versa.." The party would provide the ancient with a blank stare for a few moments, before Van spoke up. "Ye'r still ol'. Noice try tho."

Blue stared a moment longer before shaking her head. "So did you only come here to congratulate me on reuniting with Van again?" Blue questioned. "Or was there something actually important that you wanted to inform us about?" She inquired as they stood not far from the sage. As state beforehand, as surprising as the knowledge that Hictor was Fury's father, Hictor was not known to appear unless he had a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:33 am

"To relay the truth of things for those who are now ready to hear it." Hictor answered immediatly as he took a step forward towards Blue and the others. "Eons across the ages, the world was a bigger place to behold and there lied a great gap in capacity regarding mankind of now and then. The Human mind was more - endowed - then it is today, granted access through dimensions and powers long have since died. Men of our kind were not so significant, mortality posing no hindrance. Today, those whom have heard of us sometimes regard as the Gods of Men." Hictor seemed to pause, smiling meekly at the thought before his face changed altogether. "Naturally of course, with great powers and our own significant views of justice, our kind clashed inevitably into a war that was unreckonable. Peace came eventually, when the clans realized that they were merely ripping the continent apart. But your father, Fiona. He never belived our kind would stay loyal to such resolution." Hictor shook his head. "Nor did my son, apparently." But then, came an intervention of which Hictor was apparently was first to note, perhaps having gone as far as predicting it. Projectiles of sorcery whizzed across from the distances, emerging with destructive force through the mouth of the forests, exploding upon impact. Van would wince slightly at the thundering booms, before he realized that he was still in one piece, having sheltered Blue with his own. He took a stand, staring at an unharmed motionless Hictor whom seemed to have constructed a barrier, facing a number of shadowy figures along the distance as a wall of fumes flowed about and around the atmosphere he protected. "We'll continue later on. Your body lies in the ancient ruins across the Thornsteel Fields, inside the tower."

Blue listened as Hictor began to explain of time long forgotten by mortal man who had never had the honor of witnessing or experiencing such a wondrous period. Though the beauty had been dampened by civil wars that had torn the continents apart. She listened intently as Hictor revealed more about her father and then had gotten onto the topic of his son before they were interrupted. Blue found Van shielding her after he had practically pushed her to the ground as she looked up at him once he realized that Hictor had erected a barrier around them to shield them from their foes. Blue stood once Van had moved off of her before her eyes narrowed as she caught sight of the mysterious figures in the distance and as she heard Hictor's words. Was he urging them to run away? Blue did not like that concept. But he did reveal an important piece of information. The whereabouts of Van's real body.

Van did not know what manner of profit did this man gain from telling Van the whereabouts of his body, but he did not debate against it. Instead, he was thankful. Thunder roared in the heavens as Blue would watch with curiosity as Hictor extended a fist. Van would pat her shoulder twice, pointing up towards the dark clouds where lightning generated, taking form of a fist in the sky, obviously guided by the ancient's gestures. "Right. I think thats our cue to run away. " Henry said, taking hold of Leone's hand before rushing away. "Van would quickly lift Furiyen, coaxing Blue with his chest when his arm should have taken hold. "Wha' he said."

Blue's attention was drawn by the gathering clouds overhead as she watched the electricity being generated in the atmosphere before she was nudged to move along. She frowned but begrudgingly obeyed after a moment as she moved to follow Henry and Leone in the direction that Henry was leading them. She wondered if Henry knew where he was going or where he was leading them but for now it seemed like the intentions were to leave while Hictor dealt with the nuisance. She was genuinely curious to see what Hictor could do, considering this would be the first time she would actually witness him fight but it seemed she would not get that chance today. Not under Van's supervision, anyways. "Thornsteel Fields," Blue stated as she glanced to Van while they rushed away as if to confirm that that's where they were going to head to.

"WE'RE NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET!" Henry yelled from the distance. Van looked up at the sky. Henry was right. The electricity had encompassed distances that was now unfathomable. Hictor was taking things a little too extreme. Thunder once more resonated, and Van heard Blue say something. He looked at her to throw a question of what, but even so, his voice was inaudible. The fist plummeted onto the earth - and the world disappeared in a quiet flash before them. . . Darkness took fold. All sense of time became irrelevant.

When Blue came around, she awoke to the land appearing as if it had been split in half. She slowly sat up and rubbed her head a she was now grateful that she had not stuck around to witness Hictor deal with their foes. It appeared he had gone for overkill. At least they had not been casualties. Blue would look around her proximity once her vision cleared and her thoughts had straighten to try to locate the others. She hoped they had not gotten separated, somehow, during the havoc that Hictor had placed upon the earth as Blue moved to stand.

Van would groan and lift himself to a sturdy stand, leaning himself against Furiyen, wishing that he could wave from in the distance when he saw Blue. He called out to her eventually, and realized that Henry had been helping Leone wake. Before Blue would bring herself next to the Barbarian Prince would she realize that something caught his eye. "The Merridean's in shambles." Henry spoke under his breath. "The shock was so great, an earth quake erupted miles ahead." "Though no one died." Henry would hear a voice only Blue and Van had grown akin to. Furiyen speaking for the first time in years.

Blue blinked and stared at the sword in question on what had given it reason to speak. "Awake from your slumber?" She asked as she brushed her school uniform off from dust and then brought her arms around to cross them beneath her chest as she examined the sword quietly. It did not appear that it had changed. At least physically like Van had. "Or have you just been a lurker this entire time?"

Furiyen's color transformed to the crimson hue it had always taken, its eye opening with a soft flash, casting at gaze at Blue's form. And without warning, it began to hum - in laughter. "Heh, Hm Hm Hm hm. ha ha heh, hm hm...." Van frowned at the weapon at his disposal. "My father lives!" It cried in an unsagely tone, its malice distorting the peace of the present. "And so does yours, Fiona - Driedre. The world is still insane. . .!"
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:48 am

Blue simply stared at Furiyen who seemed amused at the notion that both his father and hers were alive and well. "Yes, I realize my father is alive but Hictor does not want to tell me where I can find him. Either way, why does that matter?" She asks as she crosses her arms. "It is uncommon to find beings that can live for so long but not impossible." Blue glanced momentarily at Henry and Leone, taking note that Leone was still unconscious.

"Hmph. That delusional omniscient oak." Despite the tone of Furiyen's statement, both Van and Blue simply 'knew' that there lied a smirk within the being's spirit. That unquestionable sinister feel that touched them. It couldn't have been otherwise. "Ye'r not so ignorant, ye'rself." Van remarked after a quiet moment. It was clear that swordmaster as well felt disturbed. "At first - I did not see the signs in the light of which that wretch had - given my position." The orb would once again shift to provide Blue an excited stare. "But oh - even as I lay in this cold shell of a host, can I still recognize that stroking chill of a truth. How convenient of you, Dierdre." By that tone, it was obvious that he wasn't speaking to Blue. "To have conveyed the Enkindler to your own offspring - what machinations are you plotting...?"

Blue continued to simply stare at the excited sword as he continued to speak before a word caught her attention. "Enkindler? What's the Enkindler?" She inquired. "The man that had attacked Van and I three years ago called me The Enkindler. What's it significance?" Blue prodded. She desired to know what Hictor and Furiyen knew that she did not. There were still so many questions about her past, her origins and her purpose. Yet here may lay the answers, right here in front of her but no one seemed willing to tell her. Why? Was it simply because she could not grasp the truth like everyone else around her seemed to be able to?

"Com' ta think of i', dat lune also mentioned'a hos' or sumthin. A knew fer a momen' tha' he din' refer ta may." Van's now grey brows would furrow as he pondered at the situation, bothered. The wieght of Furiyen's excitement began to lift as the blade seemed to sink to a more composed condition. "In contradiction, that crazed celestial did not speak to the host of the Enkindler." He said, almost repeating what the prince suggested. "But the Enkindler itself." Van was almost urged to say that it was being repetitive and lame, until Furiyen continued. "Obviousness suggests the being that lies dormant within your vessel, symbiotically bound to your being - as it was to your father, long ago."

As more answers she was given, more questions arose. She had an entity laying dormant inside of her? What was it? How did it get there? And why did she not know of this until now? "So... I have something inside of me," she repeated, letting the information sink in. "I got that much. But why?" She prodded. "And what is it?" She could not deny that she was curious about this new information and she wanted to know as much as she could about it.

"The Enkindler, sometimes recognized as the River of Life, was the source of energy that inaugurated this point of existance to life. It is believed that if the host so much as chooses, everything here, all that we know and all what we have become a part of - would come to an unspeakable end." Van would stare at Furiyen as he revealed such a remnant of knowledge so freely. "A think A liked ya betta' when ye were quiet." He shifted his gaze over to Blue. "Ya don' hate me, righ?"

Blue was silent for a moment as it sank in. If she so choosed, she could make everything end? She could be the cause of Doom's Day? Or the so feared, judgment day? Blue stared at Furiyen for a few silent and suspenseful moments as she came to grasp the concept of the power that she may possess. But then, she merely blinked and looked to Van as she quirked a brow. "I don't think so." She responded calmly before looking back to Furiyen. She smirked slowly before sighing. "That would be a lot of fun but I don't think you would have told me this if you weren't certain that I couldn't bring the end of the world about by doing so. You aren't idiotic."

"That is a very charming form of resolution, eliminate the diseased and be rid of it altogether." Van, for the first time, would be struck Furiyen's 'personality', now registering him as a person more ever then a mystical being. He looked at Henry for an answer, though found a fascinated Henry. That wasn't any of help. "But on serious terms, I cannot fathom why your father would commit such a reckless act. In this attempt, he has doomed everything. Your past sufferings are but a taste and herald of a dark omen that was promised long before he submitted this responsibility." The orb began to shiver. Blue and the rest would feel as if a spider crawled over the back of their necks as Furiyen's irritation poured fourth, apparently furrowing. "Now the signs illuminate. . ." Van furrowed. This ordeal kept getting more complicated then what he liked. All concerns for the recapture of his body drifted with every truth revealed.One thing was for certain, Furiyen was never this informative. "Your presence under the Leaders' wing is of no coincidence. They know what lies within you, the capacity of its being - and they want it. They are more then likely to hunt down your father to persuade him into extracting it. If this is all true, this would also mean that a Celestial crowns the ladder of the Leaders' Hierachy." Silent moments would pass, before Furiyen would once again hum in laughter. "Tell me child - do you hate your father for exposing you to such damnation?"

Blue listened intently to the information Furiyen was willingly providing her, not as disturbed and concerned about it as Van was. She was intrigued. It gave her more insight to who and what she was. Though as the question about her feelings towards her father was brought up, she blinked and contemplated. "I don't know. Never knew the man. I do wonder, though. Why he never came to save mother and I. Especially if he knew what was inside of me and what The Leaders were after. I mean, wouldn't he have taken better care to not allow me to fall into the wrong hands?" She questioned before pausing and frowning as she pressed a hand to her forehead. She closed her eyes against the throbbing that had appeared there as she took a shuddering breath. Mothers.. Fathers.. they were meant to be there for the child, weren't they? She had had neither for they had both abandoned her, it seemed. Perhaps she did hate her father after all for allowing all of this to happen as she lowered her hand away from her face and glared at nothing in particular. "It doesn't matter. That man may be my father by blood but I do not recognize him as such."

Henry, on the other hand, wondered if the ancient blade was right. The pieces of the puzzle did connect to what would be deemed logical - but he wondered; as often as a painter drew, sometimes the end of his work never finishes as the beginning intended. His train of thought broke when he realized that Furiyen was staring at him. He broke in sweat, not knowing what was that stare all about. "Aye." came a soft acknowledging statement, Van left Furiyen engraved onto the ground. His fingers caressing onto Blue's shoulder, firmly. "It doesn' matta'. Naw' anaymoh'. "

Blue's malicious train of thoughts halted as a comforting hand came to her shoulder as her attention was drawn to Van. Blue studied him momentarily before inhaling slowly and calming as she nodded slowly. "Aye," she did not know exactly what circumstances had led to her incarceration by The Leaders but it did not matter now. "Well. Thank you for the info, Furiyen. But I'm more interested in retrieving Van's body than figuring out how to bring about Doom's Day and finding my father. That can wait. Van's body can not." Blue stated firmly. There would be another time to go into this further but they had a limited amount of time before Van's current body expired.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:05 am

[Thread Closed. RP continues here - Thornsteel Fields ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Merridean Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merridean   The Merridean Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Merridean
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aenied :: Aenied :: Northern Meeting House-
Jump to: