Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As a t2'er..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

As a t2'er.. Empty
PostSubject: As a t2'er..   As a t2'er.. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:31 am

I first got into t2 when I met Trey. He and I were new to the technique then, though he did train a few months before me, if I remember correctly. The next day, he introduced me to Kenith [t2_trainer]. Kenith taught me the full rules of t2, and pwnt me, Trey, and another guy at it, at the same time [we teamed up on him]. Kenith taught me quite abit on t2, though some of which I remember most is that it is best to stay calm, even through a t2 fight. He also told me that being great at t2 isn't all there is to it. You need the personality, to be a t2 "God".

After he left, I trained abit on my own. I dated a girl, and she was a pretty awesome t2'er. I'll keep her name unknown for now. I wanted to beat her. So I trained real hard for a full week, and eventually, I did. But due to some circumstances, we broke up. She said she'd keep her eye open, to see how I do in t2 later on. I told her I'd excel. I never saw her since.

Trey and I were like rivals, and best friends. We trained together, though at first, our personalities were almost opposites. He was loud and pretty cocky, and I was more reserved, nervous, and lacking in self-confidence. But we had one thing in common: We both wanted to shine in t2. So we promised each other that we'd do it together. As coincidental as it is, Trey was trained by a large variety of different t2'ers, including Nate, and Hnokue Rob.

Nate became my mentor. He trained me up in t2, until I could do basic, royal, and complete. He taught me more than just lessons in fighting. Eventually, Trey and I improved alot in t2. In some of our matches, it was a tie. Up until recently, after both of us retiring for so long, and slacking off, I sparred with him, and he beat me. Trey's a great t2'er. He had more ambitions than myself in t2, and worked harder at it. He deserves the victory. All of us stuck together as a group of close friends.

I remember once losing to a girl called Samantha. She came out of nowhere. Oh well. It was a huge hit on me, of course. Being beaten by some random chick? A few t2'ers might be able to remember this incident, about two girls [Ashley + Samantha] coming out of nowhere to beat up some of our best t2'ers. Well, they called T2 Complete, which was a substyle that no one was really used to. Complete was rarely used around here. After getting beaten, I felt .. pretty bad. But Nate told me one thing:
I've won a few matches in t2, and I've lost quite abit, too. I mean, you gotta' lose sometime, right? You fought someone whom you know is stronger, faster, and more experienced than you. You let them choose the substyle when you didn't have to. What is that called, Kit? It's called honour. It's honour, Kit. I wouldn't have been more proud of you, even if you won."
So I learnt alot through my t2 experiences. I'm not the best in t2. Nowadays, I fight for the fun. I want to teach those I can. In my honest opinion, a winner isn't someone who never loses. Because winning isn't everything. A winner is someone who can get up after a lost, and shake their opponent's hand, and try harder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition

As a t2'er..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nexus :: Roleplay Related :: University :: History-
Jump to: