Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Little Adventure

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:38 am

-"Once upon a time, in a far away land there lived a beautiful princess. This princess wasn't really of royal blood, but when the King saw her he fell in love with her. He wanted her in his family, so he adopted her as a daughter. He forbade her from going outside, he forbade her from seeing others. So every day, she would sit in her balcony and look outside, watch the people pass by, never once waving at them. Never once responding to their words."

"Every day this princess lived in a prison, and she was getting sick of it." Her voice cracked, and she cleared her throat. She had to think of something happy, something cheerful. "So the princess escaped the palace during the great Summer Ball. Everyone was dancing in the main hall, so the coast was clear for her. She took her clothes and some money then ran out. The princess thought everything was fine, perfect plan. But the King had seen her, and he followed her..." Teanna stopped once more, she could not continue. The images ravaged her, her screams echoed in her head ."No... Enough." She looked up to Noah. "I-I'm sorry... I Can't..." She closed her eyes, laying her head back against the pillow on her knees. She just couldn't.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:50 am

A beautiful princess? Well, that’s probably the usual story. How strange it is, indeed, that it is those dark, scary tales that people want to hear. No one wants to hear a cheerful story. How ironic, actually, that people want to live such prosperous lives, yet want to hear stories of torture and misery. Maybe that is a part of human nature, to listen to stories of others’ sufferings, but not wanting for such agony to befall them. It is almost pathetic.

The story made Noah’s expression froze, just for a few seconds. She wasn’t allowed to go anywhere? Then she escaped. How brave of her. The story almost reminds Noah of himself, and yet … the people who locked him away didn’t love him. All they had was an irrational, consuming hate. It was that hate that made all these scars exist on Noah’s body. Those scars, indeed, would never fade.

He wanted to know what went wrong. What happened when the king followed her? Questions of all sorts were provoked by the story. Why did the king lock her away? Is that how people love each other, by taking away their freedoms? Noah just didn’t understand. Maybe that was because he never truly loved. In fact, he’s never so much as held a girl’s hand or fallen in love. He never cared for another in his life. Such an existence is indeed, pitiful.

“What’s wrong?” Noah slid off the bed, and sat down beside Teanna. He just kind of … stared at her. What was he supposed to do? Moments like these puts him into a state of hesitation. Alas, his voice came, “She is very brave.” He didn’t know why he said that. It felt … insufficient, to explain what he thought. But casual conversations are one of Noah’s weakest points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:20 am

As she sat there, head on her knees, she thought about what she had told him. Why couldn’t she have just said the one story about the three little piggies? Or something like Cinderella. Everyone loved the story about the poor girl ending up to be the princess. It was a perfect bed-time story. But then she realized that ‘Cinderella’ wasn’t a happy story. The girl watched her father die, killed her step-sisters and fed her step-mother to the crows. Or was it that she made her step-mother dance in fire? Maybe that was a different story. People just adopted the macabre and turned it jolly. She couldn’t quite see how it worked, but apparently people loved to hear about the happy princess, but not about how she got there. Not about how many people she killed. Not about how many nightmares she had. Not about how much she suffered.

“Nothing is wrong. Nothing at all. I’m just really tired; I can’t remember how the story goes exactly… Little details, you know?” Teanna faked a quick smile, but she was hurt by how convincing she knew she appeared. How easily she fooled people, how easy it was for her to lie. “Brave? Not at all. She’s a coward. Her fear killed people, she… killed… people.” Teanna looked down at the flames, sighing softly. “Would that be bravery? Killing out of fear? Without thinking? Without trying to stop? No… No it wouldn’t. But would it be wrong? Killing in self-defense?”
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:09 am

Noah just stared at Teanna, observing her quietly. He didn't really believe what she said, but he won't argue. It's not as if there's a reason to. He is not a belligerent man, for he believed there is no point in arguing, just for the sake of arguing. Noah blinked, and his head would tilt to the left ever so slightly. Yes, many people believe that killing is killing, and it's as simple as that. But the world isn't quite so black and white. There is a grand difference between murder and self-defense.

"The law says that killing people means you're wrong and deserves to be punished." He paused, considering as of how to continue. He would know, for his job is to enforce the rules over the realm. Noah cleared his throat and whispered, "Though, the law has to be ignored at times. It is people who create laws, and people who will change it." Turning, Noah went to sit near the opening of the cavern. In fact, that is true. At times, Noah would act as if he didn't see or hear something, for he believed that the law shouldn't intervene on it. He felt all tired out, with thinking of an sufficient reply. Noah excelled in giving influencial speeches, but he simply failed at conversations. He wanted to say more, but didn't know what to say. So Noah just stared silently out towards the moon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:51 am

-Teanna grinned as she watched him, waiting for him to reach the waterfall before she spoke. There was something about the distance that made her comfortable. "Most of those who created laws are criminals themselves. On both small and big scales. Wife beaters, verbal abusers, physical abusers, sexual abusers, murderers. But when they are in power, they can erase those things. Make it seem like nothing happened. It's so stupid, though, that after their crimes, they come and preach to us about honesty and loyalty, commitment and justice." Her words were filled with anger, and her glance dropped to the ground. He really was quiet, and such silence didn’t please her. “May I ask a question?” She stood and placed the pillow on her bed, still staring at the ground.

Why did she feel so compelled to share her story? The words were all but pouring out. She could hardly contain them. But the pain, the sadness that came with the memories was more than she could bear. Teanna sat on the corner of her bed and closed her eyes, then allowed herself to fall back with a loud thud as she waited for his reply. She liked the dark; she liked the peace that flowed over her when she closed her eyes. But they would never stay closed for long, and when she’d open them she would see the world. The world filled with chaos and corruption, and she would close them again, and run away.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:01 am

Noah turned his head at Teanna's words, and stood, "Everyone has a past. All that matters is that those deeds don't continue." He felt abit compelled to argue for that point. Noah has slaughtered and ruined the lives of many in the past, but he had tried to put that behind him... or at least, he tried. Now that he works as a council member, he'd try his best to enforce the rules fairly, though utter justice is impossible at times.

"Ask." Noah was curt, straight to the point. That is usually how he is. He didn't like to waste his breath on petty things. Perhaps that is why he seems so rude. Stepping quietly towards the bed that Teanna lay back on; Noah stood over her, but glanced over towards the lamp every few seconds. He needed it. The light once more cast half of his face in shadows, and the great depths in his dark pools were revealed as he stared down at her.

What would she ask him? Noah felt his fingers twitching by themselves, and he got just a tad nervous. It had nothing to do with Teanna, really. But he did feel energy flow through his body ... and it's not really a good thing, because he usually can't control it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:33 am

"So it's best that we all be hypocrites?" Teanna snapped, but bit her lips as soon as the sentence had poured out. "Stupid" She thought to herself, her sentence was not even on the point, it had passed the point about a million years ago and just kept going. She looked up to him apologetically as he approached her then tilted her head to a side. "My question is, what part of your story made you so afraid of the dark?" She expected no answer to her question, but curiosity pushed her to ask.

Every single thing meant something different to each individual person. Silence frightened her, but then her guest was silent, it seemed as though he was more than comfortable with it. Darkness helped her calm down, but darkness scared him. Why? It seemed so strange to her. "You should sleep. You look tired." She stretched out her arm, pointing to his bed. She didn't like to have him towering over her, honestly, it scared her.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:59 am

"People aren't mirrors. They don't see themselves." As strange as that would sound, Noah didn't care. In reality, most people are hypocrites. People tend to see outwards, what others do, instead of themselves, how they affect others. That's the way people are, including Noah. Perhaps one would get a glimpse of themselves sometimes, but they see more of others. With that thought as final, he pushed it away.

"...I was taught to fear the dark." Noah's expression froze briefly, and something like fear fluttered in the depths of his hues, but it soon disappeared, like light shining on a sword. His fingers twitched again when he was about to head to bed, and the light from the lamp went off. It was utterly dark, and Noah ... oh, he was scared. He was shaking in the darkness, and reached his hands all around him, searching for something, anything.

A familiar voice seemed to whisper in his ears, and he shivered inwardly. The memories rushed back, and he gasped aloud. The familiar voice was in his ears: See the darkness? Fear it. Fear it. Stay there, and learn to fear it. No one will save you, so fear it. Fear it, because it will come back everytime we want it to...

Perhaps Noah is hearing things. It seemed to him no one else could hear it but him. It must be the memories. Those terrible memories ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:19 am

-Teanna closed her eyes, his words had hit her quite brutally. She did not see herself, well she did, but she saw herself through other people's eyes. His words had a different meaning to her. And how she took them completely shattered her. "All my life... People have seen me in a certain way. What do you see, stranger?" Her voice was calm, but there was a small hint of regret in it, sorrow of some sort. As much as she tried to keep her emotions away, they slipped out in her words. For most people, that was the only way to know anything about her. Her eyes, and her voice.

"As stupid as it sounds, you should not fear the dark." It was all she could say, all she felt necessary to say. As soon as the light went out, she jumped up. "That's strange..." She thought as she looked at the lamp. It seemed as though it had never been lit. But the way he threw his arms around caught her attention. Teanna moved in front of him, and placed both her hands on his shoulders. "Calm down, it's okay. I'll re-light it. " She pushed down on his shoulders, making him sit on the bed. Kneeling down, she picked up the match box and lit one, then lit the lamp once more.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:36 am

"I dare not judge." That's right. Though Noah often put out a haughty appearance, he would not quickly judge others. If one judged hastily, they would most likely twist the facts to match their assumptions. How pathetically arrogant people are. But then again, that might include Noah aswell. Anyhow, theories are meant to be twisted to match the facts. He knew better than to judge Teanna now.

"I must ask of you to not judge hastily either." Noah knew his own fears seemed rather ... foolish, and a subtle movement tugged at his lips. His lips' movements were fleeting. It was just a twisting of one's expression, perhaps because he didn't know what kind of a face he should make. Then .. the lights went out, and Noah found himself gasping.

He felt hands on his bare shoulders, and peered about, wide-eyed. He couldn't speak. The fear was overwhelming, and Noah thought that if he spoke out, he'd be .. brutually damaged. That is what usually happened. Plopping down on the bed, he found himself sweating after Teanna relit the lamp. The light illuminated the cavern, and there was a dreadful look on Noah's face. He haven't felt so scared in awhile. How embaressing it must be, for a full-grown, strongly built man to quiver in terror when the lights go out. How humiliating, indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:48 am

"I can try not to. I like to hear people tell me who they really are, instead of me assuming things. Though.. Assuming is much more entertaining." Teanna spoke after the long silence, watching the light flicker patiently. Her lips were curled in a small smile, not rude, not mocking, just a smile. "Would you like some chocolate maybe? It helps. But I won't force you to eat it if you do not want it." She reached back to her bed, pulling out a small chocolate bar from under her pillow. She looked at it and laughed a bit. "We all have fears, and trust me, chocolate helps."

She didn't know why she laughed, but it had come naturally, the sight of the chocolate bar made her feel a bit stupid. Her, as strong as she seemed, and as bold as she was, keeping chocolate right under her pillow. It seemed funny to her. She placed the chocolate in his hands and remained kneeling, looking up to him. She hoped he would say something, do anything. His state of shock was slightly frightening. Teanna stood then sat down beside him, and fell back against the bed. "I can talk to you about butterflies until you fall asleep if you'd like."-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:04 am

Noah lifted his thick brows, "You can't expect people to tell you everything." He was silent for awhile afterwards, staring at the light. He's calming down, but the possibility of the flame going out again lurked in the back of his mind, and he feared. "Chocolate?" Noah blinked. He haven't had candy in such a long time ... Now that he actually think on it, does he really spend any of his time to enjoy himself?

Is that the first time Noah seen Teanna laugh? It is bizarre, with how fierce she was earlier, but she actually has a bar of chocolate under her pillow. Noah curled his fingers around the chocolate she handed him, and gazed down steadily at her. Noah turned his head away after a few seconds, blinking.

Unwrapping the piece of chocolate from its wrapper, he broke the piece of dark solid into halves. Noah held out one half of it to Teanna, "Tell me about how you live here." ..And yet agian, he made a strange remark. Questions had existed in his consciousness for the past few minutes, and Noah had hesitated about asking them. But he would try tonight, to have an actual conversation. He can't even remember the last time he's had one of those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:18 am

"I don't expect anything. There's a big difference between expecting and hoping." She nodded. But then again, it wasn't about her right now. She was trying to help him. His expression baffled her, it seemed as though he had never seen a piece of chocolate, or at least not have seen any in a long time. She sat up and took the half he offered her "I just... Live, here. Be a bit more specific." Teanna spoke as she brought the piece of chocolate to her lips. The scent filled her nostrils, so bitter-sweet.

She bit off a small bit and smiled "Mmm... So good, right?" She fell back down against the bed and closed her eyes, trying to think about the general question. How had she lived here? It must have seemed strange to him, a girl in a cave. The thought made her smile, she wondered what she looked like. She wondered if her hair was messy, or if she looked like a complete lunatic. "So, what about me living here would you like to know?"
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:38 am

Noah had the piece of chocolate on his palm, turning it over and over idly. He bent his neck and sniffed it. The scent filled his nostrils, and his eyes closed briefly. He hadn't smelled anything like it in awhile. It may look a tad strange to an observer, since Noah kind of just .. sniffed chocolate, as if it's some sort of unidentified object. Picking up the bar of chocolate between his index and middle digits, he lifted it to his mouth, tossing it in.

Chewing, he tasted the bitterness first, then the appealing sweet flavor. Noah was quiet, savoring the taste in his mouth. He might not get this taste again for awhile. In his travels, Noah learnt that he'd meet someone, and might never see them again. Make the best of each moment, is what Noah believed in, but even he can't always follow through with it.

"Don't you yearn for more people?" Noah laid down on his bed and turned to his side. Even if he wouldn't admit it often, sometimes being alone makes him miss people. In reality, people need people. That's just the way it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 6:01 am

-As she heard his words, she froze once more. She did miss people, she yearned for that contact, for those stupid conversations, pointless questions, repetitions, awkward silences. She loved them. It made her life just a bit more interesting. "I thought you were a dumb brute." She whispered softly, staring up at the stone ceiling, at the forming stalactites. "I could have forgotten a dumb brute." Her eyes closed and she pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them tightly. "I do miss people." The words came slowly, as though she couldn't believe the fact that she was saying them.

It was hard for her to admit simple facts like these, when she was fighting so hard to survive by herself. "Don't you?" Teanna forced a smile, trying to wipe the pain from her face. Trying to erase it all. "Could you pass me some more chocolate please?" She had extended her hand towards the chocolate bar, but could not reach it. The memories filled her, and she didn't like it. She didn't like to remember. Her past was a beautiful one, truly beautiful, but she messed up. That was the truth of it. She had messed up. It was her fault. All her fault.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 6:13 am

A dumb brute? ... Maybe Noah is strongly built, but dumb? He never thought himself dumb. Teanna could've forgotten a dumb brute, but her words meant ... that she no longer thinks he's a dumb brute. Does that mean she won't forget him? Noah turned onto his back. By tomorrow, he would have to leave. Maybe he would go to Nede, the infamous town of Aenied, or to the east Pot Farm, or back to the Meeting Houses that he's supposed to guard over. He is not one to stay in one place for long. Would he ever see her again, he wondered? Most likely not.

"I'm almost always around people." There was a pause, "But I still miss them." Noah's not sure if that made sense, so he added, "Isn't it funny that you can touch someone physically, but still feel closer to someone you cannot touch?" He is a deep thinker, in most cases. With his free time, Noah enjoyed reading up philosophical books.

Then Teanna asked for more chocolate. Noah already ate it, but could still taste the flavor in his mouth. He didn't know what to tell her. Noah wanted to make her feel better, but he ... fails at comforting others. Teanna's words and tone were symptons of just how she felt inside. He extended his hand, curling it to grasp hers. For about three seconds, Noah felt Teanna's hand in his, and quickly pulled away. To be honest, Noah's never so much as even held a girl's hand before. He's not one to care much ... in such areas. Why did he do it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:02 pm

-Yes, yes she did miss the presence of others. Maybe it was time for her to try again. Try to fit on with the rest of the world. Yes. The thought pushed away her sadness, and gave her some sort of strength. Some fragile hope to grasp onto, maybe she would be able to start over, people wouldn't remember her so it would be safe to come out of hiding. Teanna nodded at his words, they were true. "Well of course, a physical closeness of some sort from the emotional closeness. What makes it so silly though, in my opinion, is that people count so much on the physical, instead of the emotional side."

She would be able to continue speaking on the matter, but she held her tongue, it was late and it was getting almost painful to speak. She was tired, it had been a long night for the both of them and she could have fallen asleep right there, but she did not want to make him uncomfortable. As he took her hand, she twitched, but did not pull it away. The action surprised her, it hadn't bothered her at all. "Do your hands still hurt much?" Teanna whispered as she sat up, looking down to him.

"Why?" She thought as she watched him. She wanted to ask more, she wanted to listen to him speak, but wouldn't matter, would it? Wouldn't he be gone in the morning?-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:27 pm

"People are taught to love." Noah believed that. As a child, he was taught hatred and pain by those who raised him. He's never been taught to love, and perhaps ... he doesn't really know how to. Noah's the type of man that offers little tenderness, though yearns for it from others, not that he'd ever admit it to most people. Teanna's right. Indeed, people pay more attention to the physical, almost insignificant things, rather than the ordeals inside. Superficial.

Noah was getting tired, which was surprising, considering how ... spectacular the night has been. He turned back onto his side, and pulled the blanket over his physique, "No." He would need his rest. If Noah didn't rest up now that he has a chance, he might be tired tomorrow when he leaves. Where would he go? Perhaps he should help build up more cities around Aenied. He did have plans for a city on water... Maybe Noah would go to Nede, the cultural town of Aenied.

His eyes were closing, but before he actually fell asleep, Noah whispered a "good night" to Teanna. Tonight, he had a taste of chocolate, and met a bold, but pretty intelligent girl. Perhaps this isn't such a bad day, afterall. But tomorrow, hopefully, would be better than today. But Noah didn't really believe it. Throughout his lifetime, most of his days were either really terrible, or mediocre, which wasn't that great either. Today was actually ... pleasant, save for his hands getting burnt and getting slapped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:26 am

"No... People are taught to hurt, to lie, to hate. Love doesn't matter to them anymore." For her, that was the truth. Battles and blood was all the world knew. Hatred, old men talking, young men dieing. That was all. No love, no peace. Peace was for the weak. That's what she had heard men say. Peace was for the weak. That she did not believe. Love and peace were for the strong, for only the strong ones could sacrifice so much of themselves for the better good. Sharing, caring, letting yourself be vulnerable, pushing pride aside, pushing prejudices aside, that only the strong could do.

"Sweet dreams, and burn brightly."
She whispered, looking more towards the light he needed than towards him. Teanna swung her legs over the side of his bed and stood up. He was strange, but not in a bad way. He had made her smile, made her laugh. "Noah.." Teanna whispered as she brought the blanket up higher, covering him better so he wouldn't be cold. "..I'll remember the name."

She crawled back to her bed and lay down, staring up at the ceiling. She wouldn't sleep, sleep had left her. All she could do now was think, she really did need to return to the world.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:56 am

Noah dreamt that night. When there are lights, he gets pleasant dreams. He saw her again. Noah likes to call her the brown-haired angel from his dreams. She’s beautiful. No matter how difficult his reality became, his angel would always rescue him in his dreams. He's been dreaming since the day he was a wee lil’ child. Noah heard the sweet voice once again that night…

"All is water under the bridge of which we stand." The woman's hand grasped mine, and I smiled. I haven't smiled in so long. I almost thought I'd forget how to. I'm never so safe, so happy. She craned her neck and whispered against my ear as I lay there in the dark, “I will never leave you.” I glanced up to her, and for a second, our eyes met. In her features, I found something familiar… Where have I seen a face like that before, excluding my dreams? She smiled, “Isn’t it funny that I need not lift a finger, and I can feel you, and yet I can raise an arm, and don’t feel as close as the people I can actually touch?” I nodded, opening my mouth to reply until …

Sunlight beamed in through the opening of the cavern, and Noah turned over on the bed. Eyelids fluttering open, a hand lifted to rub his eyes. Noah practically shot out of bed as he looked around. Yes, he's still in the cavern. Why is it that his dreams always tend to be so short? Noah turned, glancing over towards Teanna's bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:11 am

-Teanna was up and out of bed before the sunrise. She liked to see the rays passing through the trees, she liked to watch as the lake began glittering. She sat under the waterfall with a large umbrella that she held tightly between her thighs. Her feet dipped into the water bellow and the rest of her body was protected from the water. She sat there, brushing her hair with an old Victorian hair brush. She liked those, she liked the way it left her hair, completely smooth, each strand perfectly in place. Her hair was loose now, cascading down her shoulders, and she was wearing a different dress. It was short, down to her knees, but the design was still intricate, and it was covered in thin lace.

She heard the blankets being moved, and she quickly turned her head. "Well good morning." Teanna lifted her hand in a sort of greeting, then turned away and continued watching the light as she brushed her hair. For now, she would say nothing more. As much as she hated silence, in the morning she adored it. She could hear the bird calls perfectly, she could see the thin layer of fog still clinging to the lake, it was completely beautiful, a paradise within a cold world. Her paradise.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:22 am

Noah couldn't see Teanna in bed, so he figured she was up already. At the sound of her voice, he turned. Slipping quietly up to her, he bent so that he crouched right beside Teanna, resting a hand to grip on her shoulder. He already had his mind made up. Whilst he was sleeping, his subconscious worked itself crazy, searching for a solution to her puzzle. Alas, it was found. Basically, that's how the human psychology works. Even if one doesn't think on it, their subconscious does.

"You're going to thank me for this someday." Turning, the corner of Noah's lips lifted in a faint smile. His solemn featues brightened briefly to reveal the young man he truly is, then the smile disappeared, "But for now, you can hate me." A curled fist snapped out, aimed for the base of Teanna's ear. His hand to her shoulder would hold her in that position, because if she turned ... well, Noah would most likely hit something else, and cause more damage than necessary. He put just enough force in it to knock her out. That was all he needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:36 am

-She twitched as she felt his hand on her shoulder. Na'ah, something wasn't right. "N-Noah?" She shivered, she was scared. Fear was never good, no. He wouldn't hurt her, he just wouldn't... would he? Her skin began glowing lightly, her whole body did. It was barely noticeable but with each passing second, the light grew more and more intense. He wouldn't hurt her. And then his words came, what the Hell was he doing? "Let go..." She whispered. But it was already too late. Her ears picked up the faint sound of his fingers curling into his hand, closing it into a fist. She heard the cloth move, that was it. And then she collapsed. The light around her growing dimmer and dimmer, but for a mere flash, as the rays of the sun pushed through the waterfall, it seemed as though... as though she had wings.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:46 am

Noah sensed her fear, but followed through with his assault. He practically leapt off the edge of the cavern, sweeping out his arms to wound around her waist. Using his heels to latch onto a sturdy rock inside the cave, he brought the unconscious Teanna back into the cavern. Then he'd swing her over his wide-shoulder, and hop out of the cave. The water rushed at him, but that didn't matter. He made sure to keep Teanna's head above water as he placed her down on the shore.

Turning, Noah picked up the bag he left the night before, and swung it over his shoulder. His dark hues locked against the cavern, and the kinetic energy around them increased, thus bringing the molecules farther apart. The temperature rose, and the cavern was set on fire. Yes, she might hate him.

Noah crouched, placing his trench-coat over Teanna's body. The notion he had in mind was that if her home is burnt ... then perhaps it would be a sort of catalyst to make her find civilization. People need people. She needs them too. He would just speed up the process.

The nearest town is Nede. That is where Noah will go. Perhaps they will meet again. Perhaps not. Noah ducked into the woods, slipping away quietly. The fire would destroy the inside of the cave, and cause some damage, but the water around it should prevent it from destroying the whole forest. The rest is left to fate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Little Adventure
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aenied :: Aenied :: Southern Hemisphere :: Valle Delle Rotture Dell'Angelo-
Jump to: