Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Listening

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cami
Cami

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:07 am

A soft breeze rolled off the lake and seemed to caress her facial features and her flesh. A soft sigh escaped her darkened lips as she sat down right at waters edge. The water lapped at the shore near her feet as she pulled them to her chest. Tilting her head down just a bit, she adjusted her katana so it was not jabbing into the ground. Once it was set right she turned back toward the lake.

A hum seemed to roll from her throat as she sung a soft lullaby to herself, knowing it would carry on the wind, she could have cared less. Her life seem to have dulled in the last few years and she had become more and more uncaring about if she lived or died. As her eyes settled on the horizon, she leaned back and laid flat on her back. Looking up at the sky as the wind continued to caress her flesh. Letting her eyes slide shut, she smirked a bit and let a hand rest on the hilt of her katana, if the need arised for her to defend herself. For the moment, she relaxed by the waters edge.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:46 am

Noah was taking a walk, as usual. But something had captured his special attention. There was a melody in the air and Noah headed for the source of it. A hand descended, dropping to rest nonchalantly upon the hilt of his carved katana hilt, Noah treaded lightly. Leather-soled boots carried his brawny build across the shore, for a lake. The harmonious breeze ruffled his polar white hair, and Noah had to lift a hand to tuck some astray strands behind his pierced ear. Agile finger tracing along the silver hoop on his ear, Noah continued on.

Alas, he reached the source of the noise. Dusting himself off of invisible dust, Noah swept his gloved extension over the zipped-up black trench-coat. The high collar of his coat would easily block the wind, and Noah enjoyed the luxery of such. Plopping down with a soft thud beside the girl, Noah stared directly into the clear waters. Stretching his long legs out, the bottom edge of his hip-hugging denims became wet, but Noah didn't mind. After what seemed like a rather awkward silence, Noah lifted his hand from his weapon to scratch his head characteristically.

"Hey there."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:31 am

Hearing someone walk up next to her and then sit down, another sigh escaped her lips and she ignored 'em for the moment. Letting the breeze flow over her skin once more, she took a deep breath and then opened her eyes.

Letting her head roll to face Noah, she blinked a bit as her eyes adjusted to the light once more. Hearing him speak, her lips parted a bit as she spoke," Hello." She didn't even bother sitting up, she was comfortable. Pulling both hands up so they rested behind her head, as she blinked once more. The long jet black hair was pulled back into a pony tail revealing her slender neck and the thin black that held a locket in the front seemed to hang off to the side.

Stretching a bit, as the breeze from the lake seemed to bring a bit of spray so her jeans were a bit damp, but it didn't matter. They would dry eventually, then her eyes caught the hilt of his katana and she rasied a brow. Her muscles tensed for a bit, then relaxed as she let out another soft sigh.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:45 am

The girl beside him seemed pretty relax, but Noah wasn't really looking at her. He's a keen one. It wasn't really that difficult to tell that she's comfortable, espicially since this is a pretty harmonious place. Noah liked it here aswell, and came often, or at least, whenever he can. The town nearby, namely Bella, is a great fishing spot, and Noah often carried goods across to other towns around Aenied.

Alas, the girl was looking at him, so Noah turned to blink at her with dark hues. He offered the faintest indication that he heard her by nodding. From her body posture, Noah would deduct that she's cozy as she is. Something on her caught Noah's interest, and his eyes would linger upon the locket worn around her neck. What's in it? These thoughts would swiftly phase across Noah's mind, bounce around sometimes, then fade away.

Then the girl stretched, and Noah felt her eyes on him once more. Following her optics' path of movement, he noticed that she was looking at his katana with a perked brow. Then the tension of muscles. Noah felt it with his acute senses. Lifting a hand to brush strands of his white hair aside, Noah spoke, in that smooth, casual tone of his, "My name's Noah." He didn't ask for her name. It's natural manners for people to exchange names upon meeting. If she would not give hers, Noah would not press for it.
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:01 am

The muscles on the corner of her nose twitched a bit as she felt his eyes settle on her locket. Taking a deep breath, she turned her face skyward. Taking a deep breath, she lifted herself up so she was sitting and crossed her legs in an indian style fashion. Looking back out upon the lake, she relaxed once more.

The katana had caught her eye but he didn't seem to tense so there was no threat from him, as of yet. adjusting her own so she wasn't ruining the sheath, her hands moved back and rested on her legs. She found it quite hard to speak to him, for the simple fact that, she hadn't really spoken to another person in almost 6 months. She tended to keep to herself.

Finally, she turned her head back to him and her emerald hues glittered a bit in the light," The name is Cameron, but you can call me Cami." Her vocals purred out, but it seemed to have a bit of an accent to it. Like a southern drawl, kind of accent, it was smooth yet it flowed with beauty and grace of a southerner.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:11 am

Noah's eyes darted up when he felt the twitching of her muscles on her nose. There's something peculiar about that locket... Her reaction had made Noah more curious, but he would not ask of it just yet. There's a time for everything, and apparently, the time isn't now. Few would trust a stranger, espicially with something that they valued. And this girl seemed to value that locket of hers.

But then, it would be natural for his katana to be eye-catching. It's quite a beauty. The hilt, decorated with carvings of orchid and cherry blossoms. It also had rubies placed on the finely shaped handle, but that wasn't all. The sly creator of his katana had runes upon its very decor, and the rubies were actually mythical gems that could gather energy from the surroundings, and user. Pretty hardcore.

Cameron... Cami. Noah liked Cami better. These thoughts would sift through his complex mind, and after a brief silence, he turned to Cami. "What're you doin' around here?" Noah didn't really have a particular accent about him, but he had a suave, casual way of speaking. Noting her accents and mannerisms, Noah made a guess that she'd be from the south, but decided to not put too much weight on that notion. Why is he to judge?
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:25 am

Blinked once more and then reached up and tighted the black ribbon in her hair. Letting her arms come back down and rest on her legs once more. She looked back out over the lake, her lips parted to say something and then she closed them once more. Her mind was whirring with thoughts and what to say. Should I tell him that I am just a wanderer and there is really no reason that I am here?

Her eyes were still settled on the horizon, as she parted her lips once more," Just trying a find a place to start anew." She stated softly, hoping that it would rasie alarms. She hadn't really done anything wrong, it was more of the fact that no one really liked her, for the fact that she was so quite. It had a tendancy to erk people when someone came into town, with a katana and a silent stature.

The small locket shifted a bit and she looked down and ran her fingers over it and then centered it so it rested in the small of her throat. Sliding her hand down, over the hilt of her katana, the long slender digits traced over the carving a bit and then she let them rest back in her lap.

Looking back at him, her lips twitched a bit into a small smile," What brings you out here..so far away from everyone? You don't seem like the type to be wandering on your own." Once those words slide from her lips, she mentally kicked herself. Sure make it sound like your callin' him weak. Good way to get your butt kicked. Looking down she closed her eyes and hoped that he didn't take it the wrong way. She wasn't very good at speaking with people any more.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:49 am

Noah sensed Cami's reluctance to speak. What's the matter? Leaning back to lay against the shore, Noah's eyes fluttered closed. His thick curly eyelashes would cast shadows upon his face, not that he'd notice. Then his eyes would flash open, head rolling to the side to observe Cami, listening to her reply with interest.

A place to start anew... Such a bizarre, but attention-catching reply. It's almost original. Most people who start anews did something wrong, or something in their past haunts them, thus they move away. But Noah's fine with that. "Aenied's the perfect place for you to start anew." And honestly, it is, since the new realm is still getting filled up with new inhabitants.

Noah noted the precise caution that Cami put on her locket. What does it do, really? Something about it made her touch it, so it must be valuable. Noah sat up, hues trained over the lake, watching the tiny ripples across the water. It was so quiet here, save for their voices. How peaceful.

The edges of his lips would lift, curving upwards in a sweet, friendly smile in return to hers. Noah was told that he should smile more, so indeed, he has. He remembered that someone had told him he looked espicially handsome when he does. But her question had caught him off guard. How is a wanderer supposed to look like? He saw his own image in his mind. White hair, brawny physique, a rugged, stern face. People call him the handsome traveler. How is he not traveler material? "I carry goods from here to another town, and sometimes I wander." Indeed, Noah can't stand being in one place for long. He liked to go out and about.
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:59 am

Noticing that he kept eyeing her locket, a smirk parted her lips a bit. How do i explain to him, that the locket, is what keeps me from losing control of myself. Looking down back at the ground, the muscles near her nose twitched once more. She was thinking a bit before she spoke.

Hearing him speak about Aenied, her head bobbed in a bit of a nod," That is good, I am glad to hear that it is a nice place. Better than some places I have been." That last bit she muttered under her breath yet, still audible. Looking over at him, her lips parted once more and then closed.

Taking a deep breath, her digits traced over her locket and then wrapped around it. She closed her eyes and parted her lips," If you were wondering about my locket, it is to keep me from losing my composure completely. For it could and most likely kill me." Letting her digits release the locket, she let them rest on the ground.

Seeing that he smiled in return to her own small smile, made her relax a bit more and the urge to run had almost completely diminished. Watching him close his eyes, she knew he was truly relaxed but, still not sure why one like him would relax in her presence. It was different and kinda nice.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 6:33 am

She smirked. Why? Noah pulled up his long legs, bending at the knees so that he could rest his chin upon it. Then at her statement, Noah lifted his brows in question. How many places has she been, and how were they alike? She made such curious statement, that it captured Noah's attention. He was raised in Eden, and this land, Aenied, he had helped build. It seemed to Noah that Cami was having trouble in wording what she wanted to say. He used to have that problem. It'd be like him trying to put a perfect sentence together, and when he finally does, there'd be an awkward silence, or the person is already talking about something else. Oh, Noah knew the feeling.

Noah blinked. A locket can store her composure? Noah turned his head, squinting his eyes at her, his mind washing over the possibilities. "What are you?" It was a straight-forward question. He felt that she would tell him. She told him about the locket already, right?

Noah felt her relaxation. She was warming up to him, or at least, it seems so. That was nice. Noah was quick to draw his blade if necessary, so he wasn't much worried about having to fight. Life to him .. is just something that one has to take a risk on. You either live, or you don't.
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 10:42 pm

Looked at him and when he asked what she was, a slight flintch rolled through her muscles. A soft sigh parted her lips as she looked down at the ground. How can I tell him that I am not human...and have him not freak out... She chewed on her lower lip a bit and the lifted her head once more.

Eye focused on him," I am a Phoenix, a Black phoenix to be exact." She smirked half-heartedly and then sighed a bit. Letting her eyes fall back to the ground and she waited for him to panic. Lifting her head, once more her eyes settled on the horizon and she let it pulll her mind out there.

Her hand tightened into fists as then turned and looked at Noah once more. Eyes narrowed and focused on his response to what she was. Her hand slide to rest near her hilt, if in case that he decided that he was going to attack. She was tense and nervous about his response.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 10:51 pm

She seems nervous. Noah would sift through these seemingly simple thoughts of his, lifting a hand to scratch hi shead at her flinching. It must be some sort of huge secret. Noah was getting a gigantic build-up, imagining what she possibly could be. A vampire? A queen? A princess? A goddess? Noah twirled a strand of silver hair between his index and middle index, blinking.

Oh, a phoenix. Where're her wings? Noah blinked at Cami with that almost irritating blank composure. He didn't even look that surprised. After what seemed like an awkward silence, Noah turned his eyes towards the horizon. What about it makes her always look in that direction? Noah shattered the silence. "...So, where're your wings?" Did it sound offending? Noah hadn't intended it to, but he didn't know how else to word his question.

Man, she seems pretty tensed. Noah kicked out his legs, letting the bottom of his heels glide smoothly over the top of the waters. He hadn't even thought about fighting her, but Cami sure seems like she's about to go to war with him. Fun. To those that can read his mind, they would find that it works in a rather strange way. Noah has a peculiar, but very logical thinking style.
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 am

Looked at him and looked down," My wings, they are hidden from the veiw of most. Those who can see my aura, they see my wings. They are with me at all times, but phoenix's they only have wings, in there true form, not the human form." She looked at him and sighed softly," If you would truly like to see my wings, I would love to show you. For I am one of the rarest type of phoenix's that live."

She shifted a bit and that last bit, caused her to choke on her words.Oh, no. What have I done....now he is going to try and kill me....One feather is worth millions.... Shifting again, she tensed like she wanted to run. The ribbon that was holding her hair up caught fire and disinergrated, hair falling freely around her shoulders and face. It started to wisp at the tips, almost like fire was coursing through it.

Knowing he would start to feel the heat roll off her body, she tried to control it. With her being this nervous and tense it was getting quite hard to control. She took a deep breath and forced herself to relax, and her body tempurature started to fall and she gulped a bit.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:40 am

So someone who has heightened senses of auras can see the wings. Peculiar. Noah turned, body facing hers to show that his attention was on Cami. So a phoenix has multiple forms, it seems. Noah tilted his head curiously, eyes flicking keenly towards her back, but seeing nothing. Maybe if he activate the runes upon his armor, which strengthened his senses overall, it would let him see her wings and aura. Perhaps.

Noah's thick eyebrows creased when Cami tensed up, as if to fight, or flight. Which is it? Fight, or flight? And why? Then the ribbon of hers caught fire somehow, thus causing her hair to cascade along her shoulders and face freely. It seemed as if her hair had a life of its own. Is she losing control of her powers? But why?

Noah felt the heat around him. He's quite sensitive to it, considering his innate pyrokinetic prowess. Noah's hand lifted, fingertips grazing daintily, as if by accidently, along the hilt of his blade. The cyrokinesis ability granted to him by his blade would lower the temperature around them, making it easier for her to relax. His gloved-hand continued to reach out, lingering lightly to land upon her shoulder, brushing strands of stray hair aside.

"Are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:20 am

Looked at him and the feeling of the temperature drop with out her doing shocked her a bit. She took a deep breath and her face was looking down. Feeling him brush a few strands away caused her to turn and look up at him. The once dark emeral hues now were vivid and a very bright green." Sorry....When I get nervous or fighting to many emotions at once, my body heat sky rockets and a few traits start to surface."

She looked down at the ground and then back up to Noah," Wait, how did...." She was confused on how he lowered the temperature around them. Also, why hadn't he tried to kill her yet, was he oblivious on what the worth is for a phoenix now adays. Suddenly, a wave of relief washed over her as she let out a soft sigh. Her chest rose and fell softly. I could show him.....no...I can't let him be succumbed into my past. Then, she remembered that he had brushed a few strands of hair away from her face, and let a hand rest on her shoulder.

Eyes widened in realization as she looked at him. Seeing that his hand was gloved, but she knew that would not stop anything. Since he had laid his hand upon her shoulder, an single ear peircing scream, as if someone was in thralls of pain would roll through his mind like nails on a chalk board, and he would catch a quick glimpse at her true form. If he choose to pull his hand away, he would have blackened fingertips. Yet, if he choose to leave his hand there, he would feel a tug on his mind, as if her own was trying to lead it into the vast abyss of her past.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:40 am

It must be a shock. His own prowesses proved to be rather puzzling to those who didn't understand that. That's alright. Noah's dark hues locked against those bright green ones, of which used to be a dark emerald. It seems I'm not the only one with color changing eyes. Noah tilted his head curiously. What kind of emotions could she be fighting against that could cause her body to react in such a horrendous way?

Cami seemed very wary against people in general. Noah understood why. Most people are cheats, willing to manipulate another for their own selfish gains. She seems reliefed. For some reason, as Noah thought these thoughts, his head started .. well, hurting, pounding rather agonizingly. It wasn't a comfortable feeling, of course. What is it coming from? His own thoughts, once so clear, seemed to be covered by a strange, dark fog. He could barely hear himself think.

Then her eyes widened, and Noah felt something amiss. Then a scream rang through his ears, causing his throats to flutter in frenzy. I can't think straight! Images started to flash furiously through his mind, and he wanted to release her, but his fingers only tightened against Cami's shoulder. There was only one, and almost illogical thought on his mind, don't let go... It was his instinct, for Noah felt a light through the screams. The screams could just be like alarms, but if he can reach deeper in .. He might be able to learn something. And oh, Noah is such an eager learner.
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 am

Eyes widen as she felt him plunge deeper into her mind, a cry escaped from her lips as she reached out and grabbed his shoulder to steady herself. Trying to purge him from her mind, pain rolled through her body as she tried to fight him. Noah, I know you can hear me.....why... Her voice faded out as her memories started to surface.

A child is curled up in a corner as her parents argued. They were screaming about what to do with her. The mother was screaming at the father," You cannot just kill a child because she is not like us. She is your daughter for god's sake. Think about it. Why would you kill your own flesh in blood." The father looked at his wife and smacked her across the face which sent her reeling to the floor. He spoke in a soft voice," It has to be done. We cannot let her live. She is not like us, nor will she ever be accepted into the flock."

The child looked up at her father and she cringed a bit as he picked her up and took her outside. The mother was crying and screaming out to her husband as he continued to walk out. Once he reached the door, the child seemed to burst into flames and soared off into the woods. She was hoping to get away before she was killed, by her own family.

The scene faded out as another set of screams rolled through Noah's mind. He was being pulled deeper into Cami's memories. Cami, herself had gone limp and now laid crumpled with Noah's hand on her shoulder as she fought to keep her memories from surfacing. The screaming stopped and another scene unfolded.

There was the child again, only she looked to be about 14 or 15. She was wandering through a town and her hair was wild and wispy like he had seen it before. She looked around for a place to hide, as shouting is heard from behind her. "Get her!" "She will bring the village out of debt""She will make a nice throphy on my wall" Is all that was heard.

She stopped and turned around, flames started to lick at her finger tips and legs. Suddenly, as if gas was added to an already burning fire, the flames spiraled upward and engulfed her. An ear piercing scream echoed through the village as a set of emerald hues, blazed from with in the confines of the fire. Then the flames started to change, from an redish orange to a crimson then to a jet black. The set of hues never faltered as a set of wings spread from within the flames and had a span of a good 13 feet from tip to tip. The flames disappated and there stood Cami, black smoke rolled off her flesh like an odor as she walked toward the villagers. Suddenly, one by one, they just disappeared with a choked scream.

The Scene blanked out and then jumped back in, it seemed like a few moments later after villagers started to disappear.

Cami stood on a hill just outside the village. It was burning, there was no one left in the village...they all just disappeared.

Finally, she used the last bit of will power she had and expelled Noah from her mind. The locket around her neck, glowed as it was white hot and she was gasping for air. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she turned to her side and curled up into a ball. Closing her eyes as she tried to get herself under control.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:02 pm

Noah felt something on his shoulder. Cami's hand. Yes, Noah knew that Cami was gripping onto his shoulder. But he kept plunging into the depths of her mind, until her heard her voice. There was a slight pause, and Noah heard the beginning of a question that Cami wanted to ask him. Then the voice faded, seeming to get farther and farther away, and pictures started to surface rapidly before Noah's eyes.

It seemed like he was watching the scene from above in a bird's eye view, noticing each fine detail. Parents arguing. Noah's been around scenes like these many a times in his childhood, for his guardians didn't exactly get along. They want to kill their own child. That, Noah never experienced before. His guardians weren't related to him, actually. They just adopted him. He couldn't imagine his own parents treating him so harshly. A man shouldn't hit a woman like that. Noah made little comments in his head, then the thoughts evaporated as the scene commenced. Flock? Noah watched as the father carried the terrified child away, and then flames engulfed her form, and she flew away. The child is safe.

Noah once more heard the horrendous screams in his head, and the eyeballs in his sockets seemed to roll back slightly. He felt himself getting pulled into Cami's memories once more. It felt to him like he was in a fierce tornado, getting carried off into someone elses' life. His fists were clenched so tightly that the knuckles were white, pounding against the ground, until another scene unfolded.

Noah saw a girl, and it looked like a younger version of Cami. The manipulative nature of human beings. Noah watched as the young Cami searched for a place to conceal herself. Then flames started to shoot out of her fingertips and legs like sparks, and Noah was reminded of his own innate ability to seemingly control fire. For some strange reason, the fire with the emerald hues seemed beautiful, to Noah. Then wings would spread wide apart, and the flames disappeared. The villagers were fading away, either being transported to another area, or killed. Noah didn't care. They didn't deserve to live anyways. Empty village.

Noah felt himself pushed roughly out of Cami's mind, and his head felt numb. No more screaming. His hands were unclenched, fingertips twitching slightly. Opening his eyes, Noah turned to Cami slowly. She's been hurt much in the past. Noah didn't touch her this time, so he just sat beside her, listening to the silence around them. She must feel so violated, with me in her head. Noah felt the familiarness of his own thoughts bouncing around in his head. Could she hear my thoughts? He would wait. He would wait until Cami had herself under control.
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Her breathing started to slow after a while and she looked up at Noah. Her voice was rough and very faint," Please....." Is all she managed to get out. Pulling herself up into a sitting postion, she wobbled a bit and steadied herself. At that moment, the feeling of vulnerablity weighted heavy on her. He has seen some of her past. She had kept most of it deeper in the confines of her mind.

Pulling down the shoulder of her shirt, she looked at where Noah had his hand moments before. It was black, as if the skin was dead. She shook her head and let go of her shirt and put it back. Breathing, calmly as she steadied herself. The locket, still blazing white, sizzled against her flesh. Turning her head, she faced him.

Calmly, she spoke, as her voice was very soft and almost frightened," Your thoughts...they confuse me. You think it was right to kill everyone in that village. There were women and children that didn't deserve to die. Yet, I killed them all, everyone that crossed my path. I killed. How can you even stand to be around someone who killed innocent people." She looked at him, eyes seemed to start to darken back to their orginal dark emerald.

Pulling her knees back to her chest, a sigh escaped her lips. What would he think of her now? Would he shun her like everyone else? Was coming here a mistake? Would she have to move on once more to find solitude? These thoughts ran wild in her head as she waited, for him to scream at her and tell her to leave. That she was a danger to everyone.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Please? Please what? Noah remained silent as Cami calmed herself, wobbling slightly as she did so. She seemed exhausted, weighed down after mistakingly shown some of her past to him. So the locket is used to keep those powers disciplined. Now I see. Noah creased his eyebrows, wiping a bead of perspiration from the side of his head. Those scenes had left a mark on him, too. But Noah will be fine, soon after.

Then Noah noticed Cami pulling down at her shirt. He saw the black flesh, as if he had somehow contaminated her skin. Did I do that? But Cami had shook her head, and made no actual remark of it. Perhaps the skin would heal. Eyes darting towards the blazing white locket, Noah watched Cami's expression precisely.

She's scared. Noah almost smiled at how Cami said his thoughts had confused her. Yes, he's a rather complex person. Noah considered her question. In war, innocent victims die. But wars still happen anyway. There would always be sacrifices on both sides, and it seemed to him that those deaths made Cami guilty. Perhaps she has already paid for what she did, from lack of control of her own prowess. "Everyone has a past. I dare not judge." Noah nodded, as if to show her that he meant what he said.

Cami seems so troubled. Noah slipped out his legs, letting the edge of his denim glide over the liquid of the lake. Noah's killed people before, but he has learnt to forgive himself. He can be so quiet sometimes, and difficult to understand. Enigmatic, that's the word. Stretching his long fingers out, Noah brushed more sweat from his eyebrows. Alas, his eyes turned towards Cami, "You feel bad for what you did?" It was a blunt question, and Noah wanted to be straight-forward with her. He didn't feel like beating around the bushes.
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:17 am

Her eyes seemed to search his as she spoke" Feel guilty, yea sometimes. Other times, I am glad that I did it." Sighing once more as she ran her hand over the locket. It had stopped glowing and returned to its normal silver hue.

Lifting her head as she looked out over the lake and a smile parted her lips. It felt like a weight was lifted from her shoulders, as she has never told anyone of her past. Even though she really hadn't outrightly told him. Yet, he still knew. Her chest rose and fell as she turned back and looked at him.

She realized that he has seen the mark on her shoulder. Taking a deep breath," It will heal...eventually." Taking another breath," You didn't do anything, all it is, is burnt flesh. When someone touchs me, and my defenses are down. You get pulled into my mind, and I can't stop anyone. My flesh, well what ever is being touched at the moment, is scorched." She looked at him and then down at the hand that grabbed her shoulder,"I didn't hurt you did I?" Her voice took on the tone of worry. She hoped, she hadn't hurt him. Her chest tightened again as she sighed softly, looking down at the ground. Seeing, the grass was burnt around her and him. The grass had turned brown and curled up in a few foot radius around the both of them.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:15 am

His eyes were dark, almost like charcoals. But there was something about his deep eyes. Noah has determined, honest eyes. "Why were they after you?" Noah can't seem to pin-point the reason those people tried to capture her. Did they want to sell her feathers or something? Noah has seen people murder demons .. out of fear. But why come after Cami?

But strangely enough, Cami seemed more relaxed now. Noah looked over to the lake as she did, feeling the wind rustle his polar white hair as it did before. He was relaxing, calming down. The images were, of course, still fresh on his mind. But they didn't haunt him much. Noah's seem many horrible things throughout his existence, and he's learnt to withstand most agonies.

Noah turned his head so that his eyes lingered on her shoulder. Hearing that the burnt flesh would heal, Noah nodded. A part of him felt sorry for having touched her, and caused her such pain. But he didn't mean it, so perhaps that's all that matters. How can you blame someone for something they didn't mean to do? Then his eyes descended, traveling over the scorched grass around them. "No, you didn't. Did I hurt you?" Noah reached out, placing his gloved palm against the grass near his feet. He felt the slight heat there, then removed his hand from the dried grass. If we had been in the lake, would she be able to obsorb the water? Noah mused with this thought, [/i] That'd be pretty wicked.[/i]
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:45 am

Looked at him," Why were they after me?" She tilted her head a bit and closed her eyes as she let off a soft sigh escape her lips. Stopping for a second, as she heard him speak but, not out loud. Shaking it off as she figured that it was just reminants of his mind lingering in her's. Looking down at the grass as she broke off a blade of grass and it was brittle as very thin glass.

Parting her lips a bit, she blew on it and it shriveled and turned black." They were after me, so they could make me shift, drench me in a foam that would cause me not to burn, like a phoenix. It would kill me, I wouldn't come back...I would die. Once, i was gone they would have taken my feathers and sold them. They could bring a third world village into a once of the most weathly villages on the map. Actually, all it would take is a single feather." A sigh parted her lips," It is because of the traits that the feather carries. Even though it is plucked from my body it still burns and can energize a whole city for years."

Looking at him, she tilted her head once more," No, it is fine. It is only scorched...well actually it is dead flesh. I will have it till I am either killed or it is time to regenerate. Which is my death, naturally. Then I will be reborn into a child...or a small infant Phoenix. I am vulnerable then, that is when I am in the most danger, because I am only about 4 years old in human years." Chuckling a bit, but no one I know and trust will be around long enough for me to be able to trust them when I do die." She chuckled a bit," Cause it only happens every 150-200 years. Well Phoenix years, so it would be about 80-90 years in human."

A laugh parted it lips, it was genuine but she looked at him," No, I wouldn't absorb the water, i would cause it to boil and it would evaporate and then rain for several days straight." Smirking," I think you left a little reminents of your mind behind. I can hear you....give it a few days and I won't, it is just because you fell so far into my mind that there are reminents."
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:03 am

She's thinking. Noah reached out with an extended arm, plucking at some dead grass near his anatomy idly. He was pretty glad that he didn't get burnt by her, to be quite honest. Noah has no interests whatsoever to be in flames, and turned to ash. Although he has the inherent prowess of a pyrokinetic user, he's not so sure if he can manipulate it whilst his mind is getting obsorbed into another being's.

Cami's words reached his ears, and Noah easily processed the information. He's always been the quick-witted type, although he's such an introvert. But the portion that almost stymied him was the very fact that a single feather of hers could power a city for years. Such grand potential would not only be sought for by cities, for it would indeed be efficient in battle aswell. Noah is starting to understand just why she needed to make her escapade as she does, and discipline herself.

Noah stretched out his agile fingers, compact gloves tightening around his extension comfortably. Eyes sweeping over the bludgeoned skies, then descending towards the clear lake, Noah contemplated her words. In about eighty years, he'd be dead. Throughout his lifetime, Noah experienced many wondrous and dreadful things. He could take the point of view of someone who yearns for power, and yet at the same time, it is hardly logical. They can have money, or even all the power sources of the world. But does that provide happiness?

Noah's thick eyebrows would ascend at her spontaneous words. Cami seemed to be able to read his mind. He always wanted to see into the mind of another, to test the accuracy of his own psychological theories. Noah wondered how it was like, to be able to siphone through his thoughts. as she's doing now He always believed his way of thinking as peculiar, for his mind runs like a powerful river, clear and suave.

"How does my mind seem like?"
Back to top Go down
Cami
Cami

Female

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:15 am

Blinked a bit as she listened to his thoughts, face turned upward toward the sky as she chuckled a bit. A chill ran down her spine as she reached up and scratched at the corner of her nose. Her fingers were long and delicate looking. A sigh parted her lips as she then heard him speak to her and her eyes slide over to look at him.

Lips parting a bit as she spoke softly," You question a lot, process everything so throughly, not letting things work themselves out, it must have reason, a line of projection, there is always a reason for everything." She looking at him fully as confusion crossed her face," Why do you think so much into a subject?" Nose twitched a bit as she ran her hand over the flesh on her shoulder and chuckled," I would get lost in your thoughts just trying to figure out everything. In order to survive in my case, you don't have time to process everything till after the fact."

Stretching her legs out and leaned back on her hands as she let her head rest to the side, looking at him. Curious on what other thoughts would cross his mind while she still had the connection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Listening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening   Listening Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listening
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aenied :: Aenied :: Lake Everclear-
Jump to: