Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncertainty

Go down 
+8
.mage
i_am_mister_perfect
Bishop
The Shadowed
Echo
Zelis
Dhizzandra
Blue
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Blue
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Uncertainty - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:31 am

Blue's enchanting sapphire optics swerved in their compartments to direct themselves upon Van as he spoke of her striking trepidation in any foe or adversary that may become an obstacle in their path along their journey toward Nede. The young woman merely canted her head at the notion and quietly considered the possibilities of such a event happening. After a quick calculation, she merely shook her head.

"Upon first encounter, I shall not if they do not recognize me for the previous career that I had possessed. Even so, I'm sure we can persuade them to get out of our way with intimidation. Or I can simply eliminate them and save us the trouble from even trying to negotiate with them."

Blue stated casually and nonchalantly gave a shrug of her shoulders. Such a task had become second nature, honestly. She had been ordered countless times to eradicate any creature that posed an obstacle to her mission and she was notorious for murdering those that were not relevant to the mission if they made a foolish step against her. She was a whimsical individual, known to have even murdered her previous partners and attempts to kill Echo from time to time. One may regard this as insanity but with this woman's lack of social skills, it was the only means she knew how to respond to society. She had developed in a hostile environment and that was the only method she knew how to respond to others.

Blue's attention diverted toward the hut as she heard movement coming from within and assumed that Dhizzandra was awakening from her slumber. The young woman strolled toward the entrance and pushed aside what constructed the door as she peered within. Her eyes scoured the interior of the hut until they found the individual they sought.

"G'morning, Dhizzandra. I have re-filled your pot of water for you after noticing that you were low on it. I believe it would be best to wait until the sun rises farther into the sky and dries out the soil before we venture out. Van and I will be outside if you need us for anything. As for I, I am going to take a small walk to the creek but I shall return later."

Blue announced before drawing back and stepping away from the hut. She stretched out the appendages attached to her shoulders heavenward, eliminating the accumulated tension there before rolling her shoulders and her neck as she basked in the morning ray of the sun. A small inhale was taken before she would traverse along the path toward the creek, not bothering to announce her destination to Van since she believed that if he desired to pursue, he will. If he did not, he would remain stationary, along with the blade that harbored sentience.

All the while, the occupants of the forest, except for the forest itself, appeared oblivious to the celestial presence traveling along the wounded parts of the landed, aiding its regeneration as the white wisps caressed the damage and slowly healed the forest. The repair would not be evident immediately but would become so over time.
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Emerging from a world of thought that absorbed his mind long enough to be numb from the present, Van noted just as Blue made her exit and dropped from the branch to run after her, carelessly leaving his blade behind. In quiet contemplation, it thought of the next step now that it was left alone in the wilderness with the hut and its inhabbitant ignorant of its nature.

Wait a minute. There was no next step for a blade . .

"Oy!" Van called out from the distance as he eventually caught up. "A don' recall yer name, if ya eva gave ta me. "
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:21 pm

((OOC: Joint post between me and ..whats her name! Anyway! o_O We both did in it Yahoo Window! I thought it'd be a great idea to run dialogues faster. So here it is! Our big - juicy - ...well...Its a post! )

BIC:

Emerging from a world of thought that absorbed his mind long enough to be numb from the present, Van noted just as Blue made her exit and dropped from the branch to run after her, carelessly leaving his blade behind. In quiet contemplation, it thought of the next step now that it was left alone in the wilderness with the hut and its inhabitant ignorant of its nature.

Wait a minute. There was no next step for a blade. .

"Oy!" Van called out from the distance as he eventually caught up. "A don' recall yer name, if ya eva gave it ta me."

Blue did not pause in her step as she heard Van jump from the branch and sprint after her as she traveled toward the creek, quietly contemplating to herself of notions and thoughts unknown, hidden behind captivating eyes. Echo's departure and absence did not appear to have made a great impact on her since she had expected sooner or later that she would be deprived of him. Whether it be by the hands of another or herself, she assumed Echo would no longer be at her side at one point or another. But then again, another individual had quickly appeared to take his place as he was now chasing after her and prodding for her identity.

"Blue."

She stated simply and to the point. It was the name she preferred to be referred by, though a shorter version of the actual alias. She had learned long ago that saying the whole phrase Little Blue Riding Hood could be a waste of breath and valuable time. So it was shortened for convenience.

"Blew?" Van blinked, slowly trying to acknowledge the name. Not well thought of, despite that the nickname hinted some form of depression that for all the Barbarian Prince knew, Blue might have had. "Well, ya look like a blew." He said, brushing his finger tips against the side of his head in a gesture of thought. "Ya walk'n talk like 'an tew." He his hand fell to his side as he tossed his head back, gazing skyward. "Wouldn' noe if it suits ya tho. Eva thought of changin ye'r name?"

Blue listened to his comments about the title she preferred to be referred by, glancing back at him as he acknowledged the name. She canted her head and contemplated quietly on the possibilities of changing her alias to another one that could suit her properly, since he thought that her current one might not.

"No."

She stated.

"The actual name that most people know me by is Little Blue Riding Hood. It was given to me by the people that were in my line of work. And since it was lengthy, it was shortened to simply Blue. It is simple and small. There is no need to to change it since I do not care if it suits me or not."

Blue stated honestly while they approached the creek.

"I am sometimes called Little Red Riding Hood but that's usually after or during a kill. A pun for the mess I usually make." Blue gave a nonchalant shrug and her eyes followed a small creature that darted across her path and disappeared in a nearby bush.

Van considered her replies and wieghed them as they hinted a bloody background, and now the mentioning of 'People' in her supposed line of work. An assasin. "Blew's also a word fer sadness and grief. A kid bein' played aroun' an' tossed like a pebble bet'ween abusive hands." He remarked, noting the creature and slowly shifting his position to lean his right shoulder against a tree that overlooked the bushes, following the creature. "Bu' dat's just a perpsective A guess. Da nickname's cute." Van grinned, humoring the mentioning of Little Blue Riding Hood. "Bu' ya need ta start lookin at life frem a more cheery perspective, like back at da hut." His face shifted to face her, chuckling." Yaavored dat fruit so much, yer face blushed like rose berry on a spread of white cream."

Blue paused in her ventures and turned so that she may cast her gaze upon Van as he spoke his opinion of her name once more. It was true, the name itself implied sorrow and despair but she knew not of either. Emotions were beyond her comprehension, even if her dreams hinted at a time where she once experienced them in ignorant bliss that was shattered and re-molded to the preference of creatures that thought they had authority of her, those that thought they could play God.

"A kid? I am no child."

The woman stated simply but she knew that individuals did enjoy manipulating her to their whim. That is, if she allowed them such opportunity. Though a different subject was touched upon and her head once more canted and a brow quirked skyward at his description of her physical reaction to the sweet flavor of the fruit.

"It was only a physical reaction, I assure you. Such things can be stimulating to the senses."

She stated as she approached the creek and knelt down at the bank, reaching down to disturb the surface with her fingertips.

"Like the sensation of choking the life out of my victims and feeling them squirm in futility in my grasp, to watch the horror that dances upon their countenances as they face their own demise and wither away as they intake their last breath."

Blue whispered as she cupped a small portion of water in her hands and washed her face momentarily. She was a demented and desecrated individual as she wiped her hands off on her shorts before vacant eyes cast upon Van once more, devoid of emotions or guilt for the unfortunate victims that had been her targets.

"But I suppose eating sweets can elicit sensations as well, locked away in unknown parts of the cerebrum. Though I am not honored to feast upon such delights often. Either or, it was merely a physical reaction to the flavor. Nothing more. Nothing less."

When one experienced so rare sensations, it was no wonder that the pursuit of such pleasures, even if it meant fabricating a canvas of scarlet, was no surprise. She was a sociopath. Her atrocities and sins were not just a means of obeying commands but to cherish what had been plundered from her vessel long ago. Emotions were indeed fascinating to her. Those that she experienced when she ate sweets, when she killed... They reassured her that she was still alive.

Van's right lip twitched at the vivid description of the girl's sessions with her vicitms, silently supressing urges as he leaned his against the barks, rubbing the back of his head. In memory, her voice resonated with the same words he did not attempt consider during rainfall. ~If only I knew how to grief.~ This was why she was currently stoic, silently and hardly responsive like the living. Perhaps she failed to acknowledge the capacity of this friendship. Not that he suggested that her friend - whoever he was - had failed to present it. Her past dealings made her clueless. "Bah, ye'r tew scientific!" He exclaimed, crossing his arms over his shoulder. "Ya need ta take more thin's fer granted, lass." He said, lifting a fist in meaning. "Ye acknowledge da nature of thin's, an' all ya noe is how. Bu' ya neva fully acknowledge da reason. Dah so calle' phys-call reaction was cuz ye liked it. Ya can't really desribe why dat 'appened na matta how schooled ye are. All ya can admit is tha' ye liked it - an' dats da story. ya can feel alive threw otha thin's. Lak - breathin in a hard bag o fresh'air into ye'r lawngs and feel dat great measure o' dat -" Van paused, head lowering as he thought of the word. "Magic." He said in recovery. "Aye! It bi magic. Ignorance is bliss in its own way. If we bi meant ta learn all thin's, we'd just make life meanin'less. An' dats why der's always more den ta wha' we do."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Blue impassively listened to what the man had to say, though putting more effort to keep up with what he said as she deciphered his phrases through the thick Highlander accent that he sustained. Too scientific? Was it wrong to gaze upon life through this perspective? Certainly not, everyone had their own outlook on life. Hers could just be described as obdurate. She quietly listened to his words while her eyes momentarily returning to the running water of the creek as it traveled and swerved through the vicinity of the forest, providing liquid to quench parched throats.

"Savor life? Is that what you are trying to put across?"

She asked softly and rose her eyes to gaze out into the distance, exhaling air into the ether.

"I suppose this lecture is expected, considering humans live for short amounts of time."

The woman slowly rose onto her feet and stretched out her arms before she turned to face him and slowly approached him with a purpose. Her eyes were listless as her hand lazily reached for an item beneath her shirt, situated in the waist on the back of her shorts.

"Your kind is so fragile, at times, yet fear what is beyond their comprehension. Life is...fleeting. Death is universal. Everyone dies but not everyone lives. You can die in a week, tomorrow, today."

Blue stated as she stopped once she was arm's length away from him.

"Or now."

Her delicate digits coiled around the hilt of a dagger and a dexterous hand soon transited the dagger into a projectile that lodged its blade into the bark of the tree that Van was leaning against, impaling itself there right next to his head as Blue had quickly closed the distance between them with remarkable speed as she gazed up at him nonchalantly. Their proximity was so close now that her chest could practically brush up against his and perhaps he could feel her breath upon his neck as she spoke casually and kept him imprisoned between her hands that had placed themselves on either side of him upon the tree.

"You savor life because of this concept but this concept is very real to me, Mr. Van. I've always lived with the threat of waking with a knife to my throat or through my chest. Just the simple fact that you are traveling with me increases the possibility of your life being cut short and I'm not saying that it will be cut short by another's hand. Tread carefully, Mr. Van. This is the only warning you will receive from me."

Blue dislodged the dagger from the tree and situated it back in its proper spot upon her form.

"It's also foolish to lower your guard or leave your weapon behind when you are in the presence of someone who has the ability to kill you. Life is fleeting. Even taking the moment to 'breathe' can be dangerous. But even so...."

She canted her head as she regarded him quietly for a moment.

"I suppose... I'm suppose to say that I appreciate your efforts? But 'savoring' life is beyond my comprehension, Mr. Van. I don't know grief. I don't know happiness. I suppose you can say I'm already dead so I can not savor life. A shame, I'm sure you'll say, but it has its pros."

Amazingly, her lips curled upwards in a small smile as she closed her eyes. But her smile was utterly and prominently devoid of any warmth, perhaps defeating its purpose if her next words did not.

"It means I won't hesitate killing you one day or feel any guilt afterwards."

The smile was merely meant to try to soften the notion she had just put across, since she had read in a book that a smile could ease the tension between individuals.

"Though it won't be anything personal, I assure you."

The smile faded and she slowly began to put distance between them again as she headed back to situate herself beside the creek once more.

"You are a nice man, Mr. Van."

The woman added before looking back to him with lethargic eyes.

"But we do not live in a nice world."
Back to top Go down
Dhizzandra
Dhizzandra

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Dhizzandra made no move, not even a flutter of lashes to announce that she had heard Blue's words. The dark skinned female allowed them to rest in her mind for a brief moment, before simply offering a small, yet barely adequate twist of her lips. Appreciation for Blue's small gesture of refilling the water filled her, and for a moment, the female was inclined to think that perhaps her first judgment of Blue was wrong.

Of course, judgments changed, and so did people. Many people were faceted, like a gem, but unlike a gem, many could hide their flaws should they so choose.

As Blue once again, left, Dhizzandra rose herself from the sitting position she had taken. Setting the 'door' of the abode aside, steps into the morning light were taken. It was obvious that the two were gone, for now, as Dhizzandra recalled the promise of Blue's to return. With the ground as soft as it was, it would be best to wait until the sun had further dried things out.

And what of Blue? She seemed to take companions like snakes shed their skin. It seemed to bother her not that Echo was gone...But then, Dhizzandra mused, Was she, herself so different with her eagerness for company, or to help?

A quick glance of the surroundings confirmed several things, one being that someone had left a weapon behind. Presumably, that someone was the man, for Dhizzandra had only seen daggers on Blue. It would also, probably be for the best, to simply leave the blade where it was, given the foreboding aura that seemed to surround it.

For now, Dhizzandra would simply lay in wait for the two.
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm

(ooc: Adding a lil something to spice up things)

Van caught the vague glimmer of light as the blade was skillfully unlashed in such speed and dexterity that dared the odds of it to resonate with a sound, before it flew across the air and found its place deep into the barks, just inches aside from the Barbarian's Prince hand. The Barbarian Prince's eyes would remain steadfast, in a firm hold with her own, as sadistic as this closure was. And in that moment, an odd sense of nostalgia rang just her finger tips would reach the hilt of her blade. One that would leave Van suspended as briefly as it had stayed, leaving Van unregistered. What manner of significance that this moment had bore that retained such a resemblence to what now Van could not come to recall...?

Then slowly, but surely, reality would sink in and Van would register the chain of events. In response, came the sound of a thud resonating from the grass and emphasizing the impact due to Van's fall. "Phew! Dat was close!." Van spoke with exlaimation. "Now where was A..? Oh, Yea, see, der's more ta life -" Whether his bravado or stubborness prevailed to dare or display his foolishness,it would soon fall short when Van stood in a mysterious form of alert. His brows furrowed as he stared onto the bushes from the opposite side, charging into a light sprint. A blade set sail from beneath the bushes, cleaving through Van's hair that rose up like a torch as his head inclined as fast as a dismissal gesture. The assailant would rise to his feet, spear extended to a fatal direction, but lacking the firm grip as the man struggled to stand, giving Van the oppurtune moment to side step and grab hold of the pole, pushing the assailant to slam against the tree. With no weapons at his disposal, and realizing the hieght of his opponent, Van would push off his feet to lung at his throat, taking the flesh between jaws, crushing it like a savage.

Van would step back when he noted the masked man's eyes rolling back, leaving the assailant to fall as he lifted a hand towards a bloody mouth. "Blew panthas?" He spoke, eyes focusing with resentiment as he noted the portrait over the spear's blade. "Wha' are day dewin 'ere?"

He ventured a gaze towards Blue. "Well then, miss Blew." He said, mimicking her demeanor. "A guess we'll cut ar chit chattin' for lata. We'v bin followed. Chances are, day've gawt ye'r frien's hut surrounded."

(Ooc: Treat the Blue Panther's identity like an open book. I'm assuming they'd be a mercenary or a bandit guilld of sorts. Since Blue has her sources, maybe she'd know more then Van would.)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:15 pm

The presence of the intruder did not remain unnoticed as Blue's keen hearing picked up sound coming from a distant bush. Her optics had already fixated on the spot before she was momentarily distract by the sight of Van rushing toward the location where the stranger was hiding before she noticed the glint of a blade propel itself toward Van, only missing Van by a hair as the blade sailed through the air and impaled itself in the bark of a tree.

Intrigued, Blue approached the blade and decided to dislodge it from the bark of the tree, brushing her hand over the small wound that the intruder had caused, certain that Dhizzandra would not be happy if more damaged was placed upon her precious home. But at least now she had another weapon to add to her collection as she meticulously hid it on some area upon her form before turning to see that Van had already vanquished the stranger that had initiated the conflict.

"I see. Unfortunately, I need her alive if I want to get out of this forest so we need to go check on her physical status and make certain these bandits don't eliminate her. She still has value."

Blue stated impassively before she began to tread down the path that would return to Dhizzandra's hut. Blue could only hope the bandits had not caused any harm to the woman if they had indeed reached the woman's hut. It seemed that Blue may actually be able to spill some blood tonight and this made her fingers twitch in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:29 pm

ooc: Btw, Dhizzandra. You have a sword embedded with an eyeball that talks - right outside your hut.

BIC:

Van would follow suit. "A jus' hope fer her sanity's sake, dat eyeball ain't tryin ta talk to her."

Even though that time would eventually prove its presence, Furiyen's eye camoflouged back into the plain sword it was yesterday as it noted Dhizzandra's exit. Then again, it could present itself. It didn't need its arrogant master, now did it? Though tempted to read the woman's heart, the blade had come to acquaint itself with an odd fascination towards ignorance, retaining its own sense of adventure. Yes. It could present itself.

((OOC: Would be funny as hectic if she screamed))

Furiyen's eye emerged to blink at her, its voice resonating with what the blade thought, baring in mind its significant nature, a very suitable greeting.

It said - "Hello."
Back to top Go down
Dhizzandra
Dhizzandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:35 am

(I know, Van. I've been reading the posts between you and Blue. )

Dhizzandra had noted the presence of the blade, figuring that it had a conscious mind of some kind, given the aura it put off.

But also, there was something. ...Something different, something wrong. The forest worried, breathed that worry into her, and told her of the location of those intruders. Intruders that could damage the forest, her home. Azure optics drew to a narrow, as Dhizzandra sought out the positions of Blue and her companion, Van. They were en route back to the abode she called home. They probably had already gained knowledge of the intruders, and it was obvious that the people had already come across the hut, choosing to wait just out of sight of the hut.

Perhaps they were awaiting something in specific...Or, perhaps not. Dhizzandra knew not of the motives of others, if they sought riches, they would find little. If they sought to take life, they would be surprised. The branches and trees seemed to thicken, and grow closer, proving to make a formidable wall.

Then, something else caught her attention, a voice...belonging to no person.

"Hello."

Naturally, Dhizzandra startled, but swallowed the shriek that had rose to her throat in a quick manner. A few deep, quick breaths were taken, before sea optics turned to the weapon, the only logical thing that could have spoken, for the aura had changed.

"A weapon that speaks? . Tell me, blade, your master is the companion of Blue? If so, why would he leave you behind?"

There was a bit of suspicion in Dhizzandra's voice, but it was quickly hidden, the man probably wasn't the cause of the group in the forest now. Many mercenary groups passed through the forest on their way elsewhere, though many of them did not dare stray from the path.
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:23 am

"Ah, my child..." Furiyen's eye softened, blinking in reaction towards that question, almost as if the woman had confronted him with a serious inquirey. "One would ponder the logical reasons of why a man of Van's endangered status would leave his assurance of security behind." It spoke, with odd sincerity as its eye closed almost in contemplation. "The answer to your query, however - is no where far from the possibility of the idea ..." Then its silence occupied, almost promising a dreadful truth before it opened wide with clear resentiment. "THAT HE IS A FOOL!" It boomed, its anger causing simpler creatures to scurry back towards their refuge, their swift retreat tossing a few leaves onto the air.

The blade's crimson eye shifted right from left, almost dismissing its anger at thats instant, emitting an aura of wareyness. "Manuvering over to greater concerns, it would seem that our presence here is noted by a fatal number of uninvited guests whom do not seek our hospitality." The relic spoke. "The Blue Panthers, as it would turn out. You already know half of this truth as it would seem."

(ooc: Alright Blue. Take us in. If you want to present a few of the low ranks during our entrance, feel free to do so. In my next post, I'll have them an agenda for being here."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Blue had taken into a light sprint for it was best to arrive at Dhizzandra's location as soon as possible to reduce the likelihood that the bandits had caused any damage to her if they had indeed capture the lone woman. Blue needed the individual for a speedy exit from the forest's interior so that she may begin her journey toward Nede and provide herself a means of supporting herself, as well as giving her a temporary purpose. She could only assume that Van would keep up, despite her remarkable speed, or that he would not be far behind as she traveled the remaining distance with ease before coming upon the clearing that would reveal the sight of Dhizzandra's hut and perhaps reveal to her the condition of Dhizzandra herself. But wait, what was this? Blue halted as she noticed the difference in the scenery, for the trees appeared to have created a wall of defense. So it seemed that Dhizzandra had taken notice of the intruders but Blue still needed to get to her as she would swiftly climb the wall of branches and hop over the edge, landing gracefully on her feet to see that the woman was safe.

Though it appeared that Dhizzandra's attention was drawn to another presence and Blue's eyes traveled to the blade that held sentience. So, the blade had made itself known without its master's consent? Not a tamed weapon it seemed if it still had the freedom to express itself whenever it so pleased. But perhaps, the relationship between the blade and its master was not of servitude but merely companionship. There was a possibility that could justify its behavior. But Blue's attention would not remain on them for long, for she could sense the intruders surrounding the vicinity, though held off by the trees that were providing a barricade. If the intruders had weapons, the wall of defense may not last for long. Blue turned to see if Van had managed to keep up with her and had climbed the wall of branches to hop into the small protected area before she would once more turn her attention to Dhizzandra.

"Dhizzandra, I'm sure you realize by now that there are intruders in the forest and their intentions may not be all that good for they have tried to attack Van. We need to decide a course of action. Are we merely to remain on the defensive or should we be on the offensive?"

Blue asked.

"Either or, I need you to remain unharmed."
Back to top Go down
Dhizzandra
Dhizzandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:38 am

Dhizzandra could not stifle the giggle that rose to her throat at the blade's antics, as they were, even if they gave away the fact that the party remained within the confined space.

"Yes, I would imagine that they have my home surrounded. The forest screams out against them, I can hear it..."

Dhizzandra's attention was quickly caught by Blue, and optics shifted to the other woman, a brow raising in response.

"Aah. I don't imagine remaining on the defensive would be the wisest choice. ...Though, perhaps. The forest can keep them off our tail for a while, close the trees in behind us as we make our way...proving it far more difficult for them to follow. I am not sure how fond you are of running, but...It will stall them in their progress. It seems far more logical to me...but I have little to no offensive skills."

Essentially, Dhizzandra would be of little use in an actual fight, her main ability was to protect, she could close the trees in and barricade the trail behind them while they fled, but if Blue wished to go offensive, Dhizzandra would be of little use, save for perhaps barricading the offenders into one spot.
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:30 pm

Something flew over the heads of Dhizzandra and Blue, namely Van's spear, sailing with formidable force, disppearing beneath the branches of a tree. The impact resonated with groan before a body fell to the ground.

"Darn, A'v bin waitin ta do jus' dat." Van grinned, approaching the gathering of the two women before resting his hand over Furiyen's handle. "Jus' lead us out of'ere, lassie." He gestured to Dhizzandra.

Furiyen looked up towards the two women from its position, before its eye pivoted as Van rested the blade over his shoulder. "I would sincerely recommend that we press onto our destination. The Blue Panthers gather in masses at one point. Their scouts have been eliminated, but rest assured that their means of intelligence include magic. It would be best to make our exit now to avoid total detetion."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:52 am

Blue regarded Van quietly after he had launched a spear into the branches of a tree, which impaled itself in an individual that soon fell from the branches. The woman canted her head at his words, wondering if he honestly took delight in plucking that individual from the tree with the weapon. If he did, perhaps they had more similarities than she thought as Blue turned to Dhizzandra.

"Please, we need your assistance. May you lead us out? We'll protect you along the way if we have to."

Blue reassured since Furiyen was right. They needed to avoid the intruders or face elimination if they indeed gathered in large numbers. That and she did not think Dhizzandra would enjoy a massacre within the vicinity of the forest. May as well lead them away if the Blue Panther's intentions were malicious.
Back to top Go down
Dhizzandra
Dhizzandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:42 pm

"Of course. It is this way...I will close the forest behind us to bar them from our path for a short amount of time. The forest will...assist in being rid of their presence on a ..permanent level. I do ask that we move at a brisk pace, the forest will not discern between friend and foe once it starts."

Dhizzandra then took off at a brisk jog away from the home and through the thin path in between the trees. Slipping between the branches like little more than a breeze. She only hoped that the others could keep up, but given Blue's noticed physical stamina, it was doubtful that they'd fall behind.

Behind their moving figures, the trees seemed to collapse upon themselves, forming a tight nit barrier between them and these 'Blue Panthers.' There were several groans, and some screams behind them as well, evidence that the forest knew how to take care of itself.
Back to top Go down
van_hienkel
van_hienkel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:54 pm

As the three sped across the landscape, Van noted a presence speeding by in the distance as he peered to the left. In blurry distance, it was recognized as a shadow specter that blurred across the distance faster then the trees would hope to entangle, though the fury of the forest persisted to match with it. Van watched it leap across the narrow conveniences as the roots stretched out like angered tentacles, sealing paths as fast as a blink In a desperate measure to prevail, branches raised and arched, sprouting from the soils in unpredictable directions that seem to encompass the specter in a prison just as he seemed to speed towards the party's direction. The wooden phenomena sealed like a clam, only to be obliterated with an explosion of fire, with the specter shooting out into the air lowering towards land and grinding across the grass, fire igniting the carved trail. The humanoid figure took a stand, five foot eight as ashes and obliterated strands of wood rained from behind him. "A specta'." Van said, urging the group to a halt; hands both wielding blazing sickles, white eyes above the shroud of a grey mask and attire. The intervener regarded Van with a glare. Possibly a challenging one. Van scratched his forehead, before looking over his shoulder at blue. "erm..She did it!" He exclaimed, pointing at her

The enigma did not go unnoticed as Blue had also taken note of its presence following parallel to their path. She could only observe as she pursued the agile Dhizzandra while the forest attempted to halt the intruder that was rapidly closing the distance between them, only to be encompassed by cocoon of wood. Though that did not remain true for long, and the enigma soon achieved freedom to land in their path as an obstacle. Blue came to a halt, her gaze calculating as she quickly absorbed any information that this threat unwittingly relinquished while simultaneously conjuring her own knowledge to accumulate with that which she gathered. Upon further analysis, it appeared the individual was concentrated on Van. Deduction stated that the person desired to confront Van for whatever reason.

Though something unexpected happen, and Blue's optics pivoted toward Van who was accusing her of an unknown crime that she did not commit. Her eyes narrowed dangerously as she leered at Van. At the betrayer. How quick he was to selfishly think of himself in a moment's notice when his own existence was threatened. He was of no use if he was to turn on them when it was best suited for him. He was obsolete. And therefore, she did not hesitate when she faced her palm toward him and her eyes flashed a ferocious blue as she projected a telekinetic force in his direction that would launch him into the air and into the clutches of the trees and branches that moved on their own accord

The specter, having noted his supposed foe now sailing across the air with some audible faint trace of a phrase regarding sarcasm now focused on a slightly more vulnerable target, seeing the oppurtune moment. Within a flicker of motion, he crossed his arms in a manner that bursted an aura, cracking the earth beneath. Then with a fatal wave, sent a sea of fire that surmounted hieghts with every closure it gained. Having directed her the fatal capacity of her intention towards her comrade, the girl would've been an easy kill along with the forest guardian. A flicker of intervention. Sunlight shimmered off the object that sailed from the encroaching abyss of trees before it implanted itself in front of the women. An nerve piercing hiss boomed as the sea of fire cycloned into Furiryen's eye as the sword stubbornly stood, unaffected. Astonished gaze covered in the remaining pool of yellow of the flames he brought fourth, the Specter crouched, trying to analyze the intervention before a stone struck his head. "Firs' Blood." Were the words that resonated through Van's lips as he now emerged from the ashes Furiyen could not stop

The spectre was obviously oblivious to the sentient entity that Blue's vessel harbored, that could react at a moment's notice to protect her even if she did not have remarkable reflexes. Either way, Blue had quickly noted the flames that was surging toward Dhizzandra and herself. She turned, calculations quickly running through the organ in her cerebrum as she came to a decision on the best course of defense to impose but that would not be initiated for before she could offer a defense, Furiyen appeared from the skies and impaled itself in the ground before them. Blue could only watch as the blade consumed the flames into its own structure through its optic before her attention was diverted by the individual who she had accosted earlier. Blue had not shown any measure of trust with him before but now she did not even consider him tolerable with the expression she sent in his direction. He had turned on her and tried to put the guilt of a crime upon her when she knew she was not responsible. In her mind, he had done it to save himself and direct the enemy's animosity toward her. As far as she saw, Van was just as much of an enemy as the spectre. A pity the trees were unable to consume him.

Blue could only watch as the blade consumed the flames into its own structure through its optic before her attention was diverted by the individual who she had accosted earlier. Blue had not shown any measure of trust with him before but now she did not even consider him tolerable with the expression she sent in his direction. He had turned on her and tried to put the guilt of a crime upon her when she knew she was not responsible. In her mind, he had done it to save himself and direct the enemy's animosity toward her. As far as she saw, Van was just as much of an enemy as the spectre. A pity the trees were unable to consume him.

Blue remained close to Dhizzandra, ignoring any reaction she may have given to Blue's unexplained attack toward Van. Her only intentions was to protect Dhizzandra for she was her method out of this forest. She would kill Van if she had to.

"Mayhaps." The voice of the specter boomed with such measure of mysticsm, it would almost creep cold into the bone. "It would seem that you are so much more then I had once assumed, though I would expect no less from a man who murdered Malagin." At that mentioning, Van's brow arched. "Da' Wata' specta?" "He was also my brother." The assailant lowered the sickles to his sides. "Though, I suppose you've done me a favor, since his presence made it less possible to attain promotion." "Den we bi even." Van responded.

"Oh, no. Heavens, no." The specter regarded. "Your sense of humor won't dread past fatality twice." With that, the specter flickered in a swift flinch of motion, emerging behind Van whom lcrouched from a swift swipe, pushing off his feet to a considerably swift sprint, the specter following in pursuit. His hand stretched to summon the blade to his hand, through an obvious mystical bond his acquaintances would assume to have retained at his disposal. Upon touch, he whirled with a fatal swipe, batting away a sickle aimed for his back. The impact however, triggered a light explosion that Van himself did not assume to have come. Still imbued with the fire it absorbed onto itself, the impact triggered an explosion as the source met with product, the element refusing to harm its master and instead repelling both fighters apart. Both coming to a crouch. The Barbarian Prince noted a sting of pain that announced itself across his pale face as blood slightly ebbed. Burnt marks stained his foe's visage.

Ya can coun' this as da beginnin', Mista'" Van grinned, resting his blade over his shoulder before he noted the presence of another that announced itself, mysteriously crouching at the Specter's side. The assailant would regard newcomer with a heeding gesture before he looked over Van's direction. "It may be." He replied, slamming his dual weapons fit into the sides of his belt. "Though it would seem that the Blue Panthers are reorganizing. We've been pursuing each other for sometime, though it would seem that your unwanted participation had somehow hinted their stations."

Van's left brow arched in question. "The Specters and the Blue Panthers war every twenty years, and conveniently, this has become our battle ground. My presence is requested. We'll continue this later." The newcomer directed its gaze towards Dhizzandra, eyes glaring. And in the sunlight, its features appeared to have matched its master's own when stepped it in. "Stay out of this, forest woman." He insisted. "Least you'd choose to invite more danger into your territory then already promised."

Van blinked, struck dumb founded by the prospect of two mercenary guilds at war. Situations may have been more complex then the party had originally. The specters stood to their full height, leaping towards the air and disappearing almost as fast as a flicker. Normally, Van would sit to ponder the possibilities, though an early near-fatal event demanded attention. "OY!" Van snapped, pointing towards. "Wha' with ye and ye'r tempa, larss? Eva 'eard of a joke?!"

Blue had observed the quarrel between the two individuals while she remained near Dhizzandra, remaining alert to her surroundings less another enemy decided to be foolish and attack when they thought she had let her guard down. She listened to the small conversation that passed between the individuals as a third made its presence known to summon its master. Blue glanced to the newcomer as he warned Dhizzandra to not remain in the forest less she be caught in the cross fire. It appeared that Dhizzandra and her forest were having bad luck this week since Blue had appeared with first Echo and now Van. It appeared danger pursued them by love's scent.Though her attention soon was drawn toward Van after the enemies had left as he confronted her with her unexplained actions toward him She merely quirked a brow skyward at his questions."I do not have a temper, Sir."

She stated. She had not turned on him out of the emotions of betrayal but because she had coldly calculated that he would do more harm than good if he were to remain with them.
"I told you already I feel pratically nothing."Blue, though, blinked though when posed with the last question.

"You were jesting?"

She appeared genuinely perplexed but only gave a nonchalant shrug.

"You should know it is not wise to be careless in such a situation and I just responded accordingly to your foolishness. Either or, I had thought you had betrayed us and so I aimed to eliminate a threat."

Lies!" Van insisted, sincerely or not, was undecipherable.. "Ye jus' dew dat ta scare us men off. Who knows wha' ye and Dhizz' bin gigglin 'bewt in dat hut while A was asleep. Righ', Fury?!" The eyeball merely regarded Blue with obvious interest. "That telekinetic surge." It merely stated absorbed in another subject, even as Van protested at its remark. "It would seem that all of us are somewhat endowed in a sense. Yours in particular however.."

Blue did not take offense as Van accused her of being a liar but nearly inclined her head to the side.

"Why would I lie about that? I am being frankly honest, I assure you."

She stated before she blinked as he suggested that Dhizzandra and herself had perhaps schemed against him while he was asleep. Her attention did not remain on the riled up male as her eyes fell upon the blade who appeared absorbed in its own contemplation, though speaking aloud.

"Yes, I have telekinetic powers. I don't use them often but they are useful when the time requires them."

It had almost appeared as if the trio had forgotten about their guide, Dhizzandra, as if she had become a figure in the background now that the battle was over and Van was throwing a tantrum about her peculiar behavior toward him. She had warned him that accompanying her would threaten his life, and not by another's hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncertainty   Uncertainty - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncertainty
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aenied :: Aenied :: Southern Hemisphere :: Valle Delle Rotture Dell'Angelo-
Jump to: